Chapter 1 - Drive Motel

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 1 - Drive Motel

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:17 AM
Come on in, rest your head in the Drive Motel! This is the place to discuss any puzzles or tricky parts in Chapter 1.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 1:38:07 AM PST

ROSES777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 - Drive Motel

[Post New]by ROSES777 on Nov 20, 12 1:57 AM
TRIED SEVERAL TIMES WITH THE SAFE . S GUIDE NO HELP TRIED 1007 AND 107515 AFTER BAA STILL DOESN'T WORK. HELP?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 20, 12 2:02 AM
AAC (the car plate letters) -7(the day birthday of Cassandra) - 305 (the apartment number).

It's random, so you have to find these numbers.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 2:04 AM
Hi ROSES777,

Some of the numbers are randomized so I can't help you with an exact answer.

I would suggesting checking the numbers and letters you have in your journal again and entering in the order: License plate, birthdate and apartment number.

Hint - highlight to reveal - Birthday is always 7!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 20, 12 2:37 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:AAC (the car plate letters) -7(the day birthday of Cassandra) - 305 (the apartment number).

It's random, so you have to find these numbers.
I have others nummers and letters. Check your journal.

iPuppy
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by iPuppy on Nov 20, 12 7:22 AM
When you watch the segments on the old tv to get the antenna for the guestbook, turn your volume down and look slightly away from the reporter's face.

It's a kikia moment waiting to bite you.

[Post New]by tequilasue on Nov 20, 12 9:56 AM
I tried the trial of Mystery Case Files: ShadowLakeCollectoredition
tried for an hour, and only played 1%, I have read the forum and want to try again, but don't have any time left. is there anything I can do, I can't get other CE either without buying this one...I checked the Strategy guide, will check again never found her birthday. NOW WHAT DO I DO???

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 20, 12 10:07 AM
iPuppy wrote:When you watch the segments on the old tv to get the antenna for the guestbook, turn your volume down and look slightly away from the reporter's face.

It's a kikia moment waiting to bite you.

Hi iPuppy ~

I loved the old tv segment & just wish I could watch it as many times as I wanted to. Thought it was great (but that's just me).

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 12 10:58 AM
I ended up 9 minutes into the game and gave up frustrated. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong when I had to place an article, got the window open, but everything was blurry and the window would not accept the article. When I say window I mean the zoom in like putting the paper on whatever that thing was in the bathroom.

Anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong? I have never felt so stupid.

lee

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 20, 12 11:10 AM
my code was caa 7 127. birthday is one number =7!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 20, 12 11:44 AM
Hi Lee,

If you're stuck on the photo development part in the bathroom, try checking out the directions that are posted on the left wall. Those cover how to use the development tools in order to get the picture to show up. You'll need to first place the paper on the light device and then hit the switch to start it up.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Nov 20, 12 12:56 PM
Hi,

Every time I go to do that it bounces back into my inventory. Is the zoom in supposed to be open when I place the paper? Actually I tried both and had the same reaction.

Also there was another zoom in I think it was in the bedroom and again I just get a blurry grey window not a close up like I expected.

Thanks.

lee

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 20, 12 1:53 PM
Hi Lee,

I remember running into a similar issue with the photo development. In that case, there may be another step that needs to be completed before that will work, so I recommend checking the Strategy Guide. It may be that you'll need to first collect other items before developing the photo. If I remember correctly, once the other steps are complete, you should be able to place the paper with the scene zoomed in.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by spidyriffic on Nov 21, 12 9:04 AM
I just had to post!
since I live in Maine, myself!
I was plesantly surprised by this!
Ok we do have a town called Biddeford Not spelled Bitterford, like in the game!
So clevah MCF is.
so to get the safe open...use the LETTERS ON THE PLATE, mine were BAC the date of birth on the cel phone (7) and the apt number 625
so on the safe my combo was BAC 7 625, I think that the numbers and letters vary
However from what i've read the birth date seems to be the same (7)
so thats the letters from the license plate (BAC) (found when the picture is developed)
Date of birth (7) (found on the cell phone, in the red shoe under the desk by the safe)
and the apartment number found in the guest registry log in at the motel office.
Good luck! enjoy scenic Maine, the way life should be!

[Post New]by badgerfish on Nov 21, 12 2:27 PM
I can,t look in the box of stuff left by Ghost Patrol in parking lot, I could during the demo but not during the game. WHY?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 2:30 PM
badgerfish wrote:I can,t look in the box of stuff left by Ghost Patrol in parking lot, I could during the demo but not during the game. WHY?

WOW!! You could?? I've never been able to look in the box

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Nov 21, 12 5:37 PM
Did everyone love how the defective "R" turned the Drive motel into a Dive?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 22, 12 12:21 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:
badgerfish wrote:I can,t look in the box of stuff left by Ghost Patrol in parking lot, I could during the demo but not during the game. WHY?

WOW!! You could?? I've never been able to look in the box

Yup, you could look into it. The film team had some stuff in there and when you rummaged through it you found 1/3 videos with footage from their show, which you could watch in the video camera in the room. I wonder if those tapes appear elsewhere now.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 12:27 AM
That must have been in the beta. Because there are only 2 Ghost Patrol tapes to find now.

I wonder what was on the 3rd tape??...

The spirit of Charles Dalimar?.... or his father??... or Madam Fate???

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 22, 12 12:49 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:That must have been in the beta. Because there are only 2 Ghost Patrol tapes to find now.

I wonder what was on the 3rd tape??...

The spirit of Charles Dalimar?.... or his father??... or Madam Fate???
Ooh, I'd pay good money to see more of Dennis Kleinsmith as Charles Dalimar!

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 12:49:29 AM PST

Go to: