bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 3: The Warden’s House

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:20 AM
Ohhh the mysterious warden's house - what is that guy hiding! You can discuss all things related to the warden's house here!

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Chapter 3: The Warden’s House

[Post New]by BereniceP on Nov 20, 12 6:00 AM
Please can anyone help me find the night goggles. A cannot tell from the strategy guide where they are! Maybe I need to sharpen the axe first? How do I do that?
Please help, I cannot move on.

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 20, 12 6:03 AM
nvm; I had them in the wrong location.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 6:04:04 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 20, 12 6:09 AM
Heya BereniceP,

With so much excitement it sure can happen that an item gets missed!

Spoiler Alert (highligth to read)
You can find the night vision goggles in Motel Room 1 where you also meet Cassandra. They are on the boxes before you can see her.

To sharpen the axe you first need to restore the electricity in the house!

Hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by themouse020 on Nov 20, 12 10:14 AM
Found the wires and placed them on the junction box - the "skip button appears, so suppose that the game has started, but I can't seem to pick up the wires to place them, as the strategy guide suggests. How exactly is this game played?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 10:19 AM
themouse020 wrote:Found the wires and placed them on the junction box - the "skip button appears, so suppose that the game has started, but I can't seem to pick up the wires to place them, as the strategy guide suggests. How exactly is this game played?

SPOILER ALERT

• Zoom into the panel and place the WIRES on it to activate a mini-game.

Drag the wires to the boxes of the same color
and click them in place; they must be connected to the amount of spaces (boxes) shown on the box

MargieB

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on Nov 20, 12 10:37 AM
I can't find the school bus in the kids' room at the Warden's House

Can you help me please

Janice

[Post New]by jivike on Nov 20, 12 10:55 AM
can't get the electric to come on put all the wires in place nothing happens what am I doing wrong???? help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 20, 12 11:13 AM
MargieB wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

and click them in place; they must be connected to the amount of spaces (boxes) shown on the box

MargieB

I can't drag on the wires, is there an order to do it in? I've put the wires on the puzzle, they are now scattered around the puzzle, I've tried clicking and dragging them on the tips, the main stem, in order, the ones on top. I've tried clicking on corresponding colour in puzzle first then the corresponding coloured wire but none move. Am I missing something?

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling as I type so hope that fixes it and don't want to post yet in tech thread in case there is a technique I'm missing?

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 20, 12 11:18 AM
gingergal, you have to (spoiler alert just in case):

Click on one of the numbered leads; not on the connecting point, but the actual number itself, and then count the exact number of spaces to a lead with the same number as the one you clicked on; i.e. if you click on a lead with the number "3", you should then count exactly three spaces to another lead with the number "3" on it and then click on that lead to connect them.

Hope this helps!! I'll give you a little hint too; think symmetry. Both sides of the puzzle should look the same, just backwards to each other.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 20, 12 11:47 AM
Thanks bri rose that was very helpful but I knew the objective of the puzzle as I've seen it before*that it was a connecting by the number of spaces* it was technically how to do it. I was thinking you had to click on the wires around the board and drag them to the box, and before I uninstalled it I did try eventually *clicking on one box and then corresponding right box but maybe I wasn't doing something as that wasn't working or maybe it was how I was doing it* but just reinstalled it, tried that again as well as everything else and that did work.

As I am playing hard there is no info button on puzzles (don't know if there is on casual)- the SG I quickly put it down as that was no help as it;s just a spoiler on what the finish looks like, it didn't give any tips on technically how to do the puzzle which is what I was looking for as there is no writing, but it would probably have given the spoiler on the objective of it anyway if it did. (what is up with no writing on the SG? )

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 11:57 AM
gingergal wrote:
MargieB wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

MargieB

I can't drag on the wires, is there an order to do it in? I've put the wires on the puzzle, they are now scattered around the puzzle, I've tried clicking and dragging them on the tips, the main stem, in order, the ones on top. I've tried clicking on corresponding colour in puzzle first then the corresponding coloured wire but none move. Am I missing something?

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling as I type so hope that fixes it and don't want to post yet in tech thread in case there is a technique I'm missing?

Are you holding the mouse while you are dragging and then clicking it onto another box of the same color that has the same number?

MargieB

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 11:58:35 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 20, 12 12:15 PM
margie - I got it working thanks.

I had initially thought I was meant to click and drag on the wires around the puzzle - the ones you put on it to activate it. That was what I was talking about, I did try (I thought I did maybe I didn't drag it enough to activate it) to do it the way you are supposed to from the box but I reinstalled it and either it was that that worked or I was dragging longer - either way I saw the wires coming from the box whereas before I didn't.

I've solved it now, nice puzzle.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 12:22 PM
gingergal wrote:margie - I got it working thanks.

I had initially thought I was meant to click and drag on the wires around the puzzle - the ones you put on it to activate it. That was what I was talking about, I did try (I thought I did maybe I didn't drag it enough to activate it) to do it the way you are supposed to from the box but I reinstalled it and either it was that that worked or I was dragging longer - either way I saw the wires coming from the box whereas before I didn't.

I've solved it now, nice puzzle.

Glad to hear you were able to move on from that puzzle. Enjoy the rest of the game!

MargieB

Trinn_T
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Trinn_T on Nov 20, 12 12:31 PM
I've got one last drawing and I'm not sure where to place it. It looks like the lower left corner of something rectangular. A picture frame maybe?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 20, 12 12:40 PM
Hey there Trinn_T,

Hope you're enjoying the game so far! I'd definitely recommend checking the in-game Strategy Guide or trying out the Hint button if you're pulling out your hair figuring out where that last drawing matches up.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 20, 12 12:50 PM
Hey there bbelle,

Those Night Vision Goggles **SPOILER ALERT** should be in the Motel Room #1 when you first enter sitting on the stack of boxes on the left. (Highlight text to read.)

If they're not there still, then I'd definitely recommend contacting our Tech Support. They're great and will do everything they can to help figure that out!

Feel free to contact them by clicking here to create an support email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 12:51 PM
bbelle wrote:At 11% the pictures 1 and 2 I cannot find nor the night goggles. I hve checked Lea,s entrance but they are not there. Can someone help. I even started under a different profile and am still stuck in the same place. If I can't turn thr lights on I am lost.

SPOILER ALERT,

Go back to Cassandra's motel room (No.1) and you'll find them there. Did you pick up the IR camera? They should be next to each other. Also make sure that you scroll through your inventory because some items can "hide" in there.

Good Luck,

MargieB

Trinn_T
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Trinn_T on Nov 20, 12 12:57 PM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey there Trinn_T,

Hope you're enjoying the game so far! I'd definitely recommend checking the in-game Strategy Guide or trying out the Hint button if you're pulling out your hair figuring out where that last drawing matches up.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Unfortunately, my strategy guide and hint button are both broken and stuck back at the point where you have to arrange the items in the Warden's office in Chapter 2. But I thankfully managed to find the spot I was looking for

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 20, 12 1:56 PM
Thanks Margie.

I didn't realize I had them all the time.

Go to: