Chapter 4: The School

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 4: The School

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:21 AM
School? We're Master Detectives!! But maybe we can 'learn' something and unravel the mystery a little more here! This is the place for all queries for Chapter 4!

logbump
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Chapter 4: The School

[Post New]by logbump on Nov 20, 12 9:57 AM
I had the chalk and now I don't so can't do Hangman. Help

logbump
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by logbump on Nov 20, 12 11:04 AM
Never mind. it reappeared.

[Post New]by 26reveling on Nov 20, 12 12:38 PM
Im stuck in the hidden object scene...can't find the sport ball (already got the baseball and tried to click what looks like a rubber band ball; the strategy guide did not help as they have different objects listed) Please Help!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 20, 12 12:40 PM
I do not seem to be able to find the heart in the school. Any suggestions?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 12:54 PM
Qismet wrote:I do not seem to be able to find the heart in the school. Any suggestions?

SPOILER

If you go back to the lockers, the hearts is etched on the wood, top left corner.

Good luck

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 12:55 PM
26reveling wrote:Im stuck in the hidden object scene...can't find the sport ball (already got the baseball and tried to click what looks like a rubber band ball; the strategy guide did not help as they have different objects listed) Please Help!

If I remember correctly, there is a sport ball above the lockers and then another one in the close-up of the lockers.

Good luck

MargieB

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 20, 12 1:32 PM
Thank you Margie B. Seems only right that our intrepid walk through genius is the one who can actually remember where she found stuff after the fact. I had just finished finding the sports balls, but I could not have told you where if my life depended on it

.Qismet

[Post New]by 26reveling on Nov 20, 12 3:00 PM
Thank You Margie B. You're awesome!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 3:38 PM
Qismet wrote:Thank you Margie B. Seems only right that our intrepid walk through genius is the one who can actually remember where she found stuff after the fact. I had just finished finding the sports balls, but I could not have told you where if my life depended on it

.Qismet

You're welcome,I usually don't remember but certain items stick in my mind

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 3:39 PM
26reveling wrote:Thank You Margie B. You're awesome!

You're welcome!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Nov 20, 12 7:10 PM
Left with one object: heart. Tried the queen of hearts on the hat, but it's not registering. Anyone know where else is a heart?

Edit: Found it... If anyone wants to know it was by the door frame, on the L side, carved into the wall in the scene with the lockers on the left...

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 7:17:41 PM PST

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 20, 12 7:33 PM
Okay, so I'm in the schoolyard - the sandbox. I have the buckets and shells and shovel and other deco things, but I cannot get my buckets filled. Checked the (useless so far) strategy guide and see the sequence I need to do this, but cannot get the first bucket to fill or even to set down. Just get continual thunking sounds for the shovel, bucket or anything else I try. Not fun! Any help (HELP!) would be greatly appreciated. In order to avoid throwing a tantrum in the sandbox, I will now go do something more relaxing. Like juggle chain saws.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 20, 12 7:40 PM
gamineannie wrote:Okay, so I'm in the schoolyard - the sandbox. I have the buckets and shells and shovel and other deco things, but I cannot get my buckets filled. Checked the (useless so far) strategy guide and see the sequence I need to do this, but cannot get the first bucket to fill or even to set down. Just get continual thunking sounds for the shovel, bucket or anything else I try. Not fun! Any help (HELP!) would be greatly appreciated. In order to avoid throwing a tantrum in the sandbox, I will now go do something more relaxing. Like juggle chain saws.

Hi Annie

Ok it's pixel sensitive!
I filled the round bucket first on the mound of sand to the right ( you have to just keep trying slightly different area on the heap, sorry! ) and then the castle one. I don't know if that's the way you have to do it but it worked for me!

just dig in with the bucket.... shovel not needed!

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 7:41:10 PM PST

[Post New]by alyssaes on Nov 20, 12 8:14 PM
The guide indicates I need some kind of crowbar to break the lock on the shed. But I don't have a crowbar and don't know how to get it. Help!

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 20, 12 9:12 PM
alyssaes, highlight to read: it's not a crowbar, but the M80 you got from Sam's locker. You need a lighter also.

Thanks, Rubmi! I did just that and this time around it worked! After some more thunkety thunking. Now I'm stuck further on, but I'm pausing to refresh my tired mental batteries. Tomorrow is another day and I should have some few moments between bouts of housework and turkey prep to muddle through a few more scenes.

harrold
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by harrold on Nov 21, 12 2:28 AM
can any body tell me how to put the infared camara on tripod please,

[Post New]by kittymaverick on Nov 21, 12 2:41 AM
harrold, you should just be able to select the IR camera, then click on the tripod, to put it on there. You may have to read at the notes inside the film crew's storage box first though...

harrold
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by harrold on Nov 21, 12 2:56 AM
i keep trying but it keeps going to the play ground.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 21, 12 10:40 AM
Hey there harrold,

If the Infared Camara isn't already on the tripod, try the steps below:
**SPOILER ALERT** (highlight below)

• Zoom into the trunk and open it. Look at the letter; it states that the infrared camera can be used for viewing ghosts.
• Take the EXTENSION CORDand the VIDEO TAPE.
• Zoom into the tripod; place the INFRARED CAMERA on it and then touch the lens.
• Go to the playground.
• Take a closer look at the seat and flip it over; it reveals the name ‘Sam’.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Go to: