bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 6: Downtown Library

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:25 AM
Too much information? Confused? Why not head on over to the Downtown Library for some peace and a chance to get a grasp on these puzzling events! Post any questions you may have on Chapter 6 here!

Re:Chapter 6: Downtown Library

[Post New]by brandie927 on Nov 20, 12 11:37 AM
someone Help i cant find the broom in the library

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 11:41 AM
brandie927 wrote:someone Help i cant find the broom in the library

SPOILER

You will find the broom after you knock down the stacks in the library, it will be in a pile of debris in the lower right corner.

You can also use your HINT button to find it.

Good Luck,

MargieB

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Nov 21, 12 9:19 AM
So grateful for this "hint". I could have spent weeks looking for it. All the hint says is: "There is a lot to find in the library".....

[Post New]by WingedWench on Nov 21, 12 11:39 AM
Thanks SO much for the hint on the broom, the HINT button only said "There's lots to find in the library", over and over, and I was about to lose my mind!

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on Nov 21, 12 7:03 PM
I am supposed to find a nail.. I have yet to find it and I am going crazy! And I can't find the place for the picture with signatures on it.. Ugh!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 11:53 PM
happyme76 wrote:I am supposed to find a nail.. I have yet to find it and I am going crazy! And I can't find the place for the picture with signatures on it.. Ugh!
The nail is just above the map/hint button in the R corner.

The signature is in Ellen's trunk.

Erin92486
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Erin92486 on Nov 22, 12 7:29 PM
Thank you for the "broom" help! I'm glad I was not the only person having trouble finding it :-)

BransonBel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BransonBel on Nov 30, 12 1:04 PM
I found the card in the card catalog in the library about the book on car repairs, but can't figure out if I'm supposed to actually find the book and where it is. My instructions keep saying to find it, but no books let me search through them. I have already fixed the car and used it so is it really necessary to find the book in order to advance in the game? Thanks for any help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 30, 12 1:17 PM
I don't think you actually need the book. But FYI, it's at the top of the ladder in the library. Click on it once to move the ladder to the book. Click on it twice and you can take the ladder with you. If you already have the ladder, I wouldn't worry about the book.

BransonBel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BransonBel on Dec 1, 12 5:09 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:I don't think you actually need the book. But FYI, it's at the top of the ladder in the library. Click on it once to move the ladder to the book. Click on it twice and you can take the ladder with you. If you already have the ladder, I wouldn't worry about the book.

Thank you! The hint to find the book keeps coming up so I wasn't sure if that was really needed, I do have the ladder so I guess I will forget about the book!!

[Post New]by ballfour on Dec 21, 12 4:55 AM
i cannot get the picture to go on where the lamp in library is the ones that caroline gives us did anyone else have trouble i am puting in where suppose to take it but wont i got all the other one s in help cant go no farther

[Post New]by pajamms on Jan 16, 13 2:49 PM
HOW DO I GET INTO THE LIBRARY? USED THE CROWBAR IT BROKE THE WINDOW BUT I STILL CANNOT GET IN. HELP!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 16, 13 3:05 PM
Hi pajamms,

After you use the crowbar to break the window, you should be able to zoom into the hole and see the door lock. Click the lock to turn it and the door should open. You can click here to see a screenshot of that spot, or follow the link below to check out the full walkthrough we have for the game. It's actually for the standard version, but the gameplay is pretty similar so it should be helpful through most of the game.

Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Walkthrough

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by charmedone35 on Jun 4, 13 10:37 AM
I have the drawings from Cassandra but I don't have #4. #4 from the walkthrough example. I can't go further unless I give Cassandra all 6 drawings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 100 times, didn't help. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Edited on 06/04/2013 at 10:38:11 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 17, 13 6:58 AM
charmedone35 wrote:I have the drawings from Cassandra but I don't have #4. #4 from the walkthrough example. I can't go further unless I give Cassandra all 6 drawings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 100 times, didn't help. PLEASE HELP!!!!
The one you mean is probably in the warden's house - Cassandra will have told you to go to the bedroom in the warden's house when you completed the hidden objects in the library.

[Post New]by Chayshannon on Oct 14, 13 7:40 AM
Please please please can someone tell me how to add the alcohol to the car. Fuel cap is open but it won't let me tap on it for the close up again so I can add alcohol hint just says add alcohol.
The instruction in the book is to wear gloves but I've hunted for ages can't find them and nothing more to do any suggestions for getting the fuel cap to enlarge? Many thanks I'm going stir crazy

[Post New]by Ladycat01 on Oct 14, 13 12:00 PM
Somehow managed to fill the gas tank but now can't change the tire - every time I click on the rest tire it closes the game down!

This is the second game I have had recently from BigFish which has a serious bug - I love their games but am hating wondering if I should buy the full version?

Funny how all the demos are bug free?!

[Post New]by latecomer2013 on Oct 15, 13 7:07 PM
Stuck looking for the diamond... Anybody?

[Post New]by latecomer2013 on Oct 15, 13 7:08 PM
Chayshannon wrote:Please please please can someone tell me how to add the alcohol to the car. Fuel cap is open but it won't let me tap on it for the close up again so I can add alcohol hint just says add alcohol.
The instruction in the book is to wear gloves but I've hunted for ages can't find them and nothing more to do any suggestions for getting the fuel cap to enlarge? Many thanks I'm going stir crazy

no need for gloves - need to unscrew after use pop the cap open

Go to: