bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:26 AM
Can you discover something the coroner may have missed.....or may be hiding? Post any queries on Chapter 7 here!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 20, 12 7:05 AM
There is a game in this chapter (spoiler) Madam Fate

I was just wondering if it is contolled by the number of balls or by time.?

I've been ages on this one & likely to be a while longer LOL

Thanks in advance

Jojo

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 7:09 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:There is a game in this chapter (spoiler) Madam Fate

I was just wondering if it is contolled by the number of balls or by time.?

I've been ages on this one & likely to be a while longer LOL

Thanks in advance

Jojo

Hi jojo

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

• Press the red button () to drop the ball. Drop the ball into the numbered holes to increase your multiplier. If your ball falls in the bottom area, it resets your multiplier ().

• The solution to this puzzle is random; you’ll win the game once you reach 100,000 points (on your bottom counter). If you score below 100,000 points, you will need to get another quarter from the shelf and start over.

Good Luck,

MargieB

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 20, 12 7:13 AM
Gosh, Thanks MargieB, that was quick, Thank you !!!!

Random I must have spent over $10 so far. ( at 25c a go) Still she will not beat me LOL

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 7:17 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Gosh, Thanks MargieB, that was quick, Thank you !!!!

Random I must have spent over $10 so far. ( at 25c a go) Still she will not beat me LOL

10 BUCKS, lol, that is what I call persistence

Try to click on the ball when it reaches either corner, or in the center, that seemed to work for me most of the time.

Keep on trucking, Madame Fate is a tricky lady

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 7:22 AM
Here is another spoiler about that game, make sure you try this before you keep playing..

Hi jojo

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

• Press the red button () to drop the ball. Drop the ball into the numbered holes to increase your multiplier. If your ball falls in the bottom area, it resets your multiplier ().

• The solution to this puzzle is random; you’ll win the game once you reach 100,000 points (on your bottom counter). If you score below 100,000 points, you will need to get another quarter from the shelf and start over.

• Remove the screws on the machine with the SCREWDRIVER (). Remove the panel and take the PHARMACY KEY ().
Good Luck,

MargieB

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 7:23:10 AM PST

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Nov 20, 12 11:45 AM
MANY thanks to you Margie! I'm so grateful to see your reply because I've broken the bank trying to use quarters! Seriously, I can't get any more quarters from the register! LMAO Either a glitch or something but I was about to give up!

MargieB wrote:Here is another spoiler about that game, make sure you try this before you keep playing..

Hi jojo

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

• Remove the screws on the machine with the SCREWDRIVER (). Remove the panel and take the PHARMACY KEY ().
Good Luck,

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 12:58 PM
juleslorraine wrote:MANY thanks to you Margie! I'm so grateful to see your reply because I've broken the bank trying to use quarters! Seriously, I can't get any more quarters from the register! LMAO Either a glitch or something but I was about to give up!

You're welcome!!

MargieB

[Post New]by hogs2play4ever on Nov 20, 12 2:49 PM
I got the 100 thousand first quarter but I kept
getting the feeling there was more there.
Besides the thing thats in the thing, LOL.
dont want to spoil
so i went all over looking for another quarter.
er am i wasting time doing that or is there something
still in that game ...other than the (three letter word)?
lol

Re:Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office- FREEZE

[Post New]by blues811 on Nov 20, 12 3:56 PM
I already tried few times- with the same result. everytime i do the close-up on the post board in the coroner's office- image freezes. any updates to fix the bug? or any suggestions how to get over this part ? Thanks

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Nov 20, 12 5:52 PM
I'm trying to figure out the musical on the door can some tell me how to do this there is no skipping on this and the strategy guide don't help im no piano player can you or someone on the forum help ?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 20, 12 5:57 PM
Have a look in your journal. The notes have been turned into a number code. So, if you take the first white button on the left as one and the first black as two and so on, you should get it.

Hope this helps

Re:Chapter 7: The Coroner’s Office- FREEZE

[Post New]by kiamon on Nov 20, 12 9:43 PM
blues811 wrote:I already tried few times- with the same result. everytime i do the close-up on the post board in the coroner's office- image freezes. any updates to fix the bug? or any suggestions how to get over this part ? Thanks

I am having the same problem....what is the fix? I can't move on.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 9:48:17 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 21, 12 2:27 AM
Heya kiamon, welcome to the Pond!

To make sure your computer can display everything properly, it could help to make sure that all necessary software is up to date. You can find some steps to do that here..

You can also find more advice on this in our dedicated tech thread that you can find by clickinghere.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by aurora559 on Nov 21, 12 12:00 PM
Ack! I don't have a screw driver to get to the key in the game. I did have a screwdriver but then used it to unscrew the vent in the penitentiary. Is there a second screw driver I need to find or another solution? This is driving me crazy!

[Post New]by mountuhngirl on Nov 21, 12 8:05 PM
Hope this is the correct chapter. I am having difficulty getting into the sheriff's office.

SPOILERS!

I have the items I need for the lock. I see that the cylinders drop at different speeds. But I can't figure out what needs to happen for the lock to open. Do they all need to be up at the same time? It seems like I did that a few times already but nothing happened. The strategy guide is no help, it just has a picture of the lock.

Thanks!

I got it finally. They do all have to be up at once.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 8:08:23 PM PST

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Nov 21, 12 8:10 PM
I'm having the exact same problem as aurora. So if you did use the screwdriver on the grate in the penitentiary first, does that mean you can't get the [three-letter-word] now? I'm hoping I don't have to start the game all over again. dang! Any suggestions fishies?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 12:02 AM
ceruleanmoon wrote:I'm having the exact same problem as aurora. So if you did use the screwdriver on the grate in the penitentiary first, does that mean you can't get the [three-letter-word] now? I'm hoping I don't have to start the game all over again. dang! Any suggestions fishies?

aurora559 wrote:Ack! I don't have a screw driver to get to the key in the game. I did have a screwdriver but then used it to unscrew the vent in the penitentiary. Is there a second screw driver I need to find or another solution? This is driving me crazy!

When I have disappearing inventory items, I try the "turn game off and then back on" thing. Sometimes it works.

If the screwdriver still hasn't come back, report it in the tech thread as they might be able to sort a patch out so you can do the vent first or not be able to access the vent until after the machine etc.

Hope you both get it sorted out.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Nov 22, 12 12:24 AM
Hi guys , i too lost the screwdriver, i opened the vent first , which didnt let me do anything in there, but now i cant get the said thing out of the game, ( the 3 letter thing ) is this a glitch ?????? i cant get any further boo hooo hooo

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 12:36 AM
It sounds like it crispypot.

If I remember right, you use the screwdriver 3 times, first on the machine, then the sheriff's door, then the vent when it disappears.

That's the trouble with linear games, if you do something out of their order, it messes the game up for you.

My only suggestion is to report it in the tech thread, they might come up with a patch for it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Go to: