Chapter 10: The Relic

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Chapter 10: The Relic

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:29 AM
What will the relic reveal to us? Here is your place to discuss just that and other goings-on in Chapter 10!

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 1:35:10 AM PST

Re:Chapter 10: The Relic

[Post New]by Frog_Muncher on Nov 21, 12 5:52 AM
I was hoping someone else would be here to assist me with this! I am having huge graphic issues on this part and can't see the relic although according to the SG I should be able to move the pieces around it, I can't work out how.

Anybody done this and can give me a hint please?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 21, 12 6:11 AM
Heya Frog_Muncher,

At this part you should be able to zoom into the pile of stones on the right of the skeleton. As soon as you are zoomed in, click on the stones to move them until you have uncovered the relic.

I hope this helps a little!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Frog_Muncher on Nov 21, 12 6:31 AM
Thanks Biwa, I've done that bit - don't think I articulated myself properly

I am at the relic puzzle where you have to arrange the runes (not pieces as I said in the last post!). I am having some technical difficulties which means part of the image is covered so I am not sure what to do or where to put the runes (I tried copying the arrangement in the SG but that didn't work, I think the SG is giving a clue but I am too daft to get it)...

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 12 6:33 AM
I can't help you with the graphics issue, but I needed to look at my journal after looking at the SG. The placement of the dots or pegs was different in my journal than the SG image. Perhaps that is a random puzzle.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 21, 12 10:32 AM
Hey there Fishies,

The Relic puzzle there towards the end is randomized (you're right Lady_Cav!).

**SPOILER** - (highlight below)

In the Journal you should be able to find the corresponding symbols that spell out “We must release your spirits”. Move the symbols on the table so that the spell that out. If you don't have that information in your journal, be sure to go back to the Teacher’s House. Take a closer look at the bookcase and open the Amaseconti Tribe book and place the Torn Page on the right page, then flip the page. Afterwards, go to the Library to put the missing page in the book in the back room. You should then have the information you need to complete that puzzle!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Nov 21, 12 5:49 PM
I haven't gotten to this puzzle yet, I had to reboot and took a short breather. Just came to wonder if anyone did NOT see this plot twist coming, by which I mean (SPOILER) that Cassandra would turn out to be in service to the relic.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 22, 12 4:16 AM
Totally went over my head underwriter!

Spoiler Alert - highlight below

I was narrowing my eyes thinking, I never trusted you anyway Cassandra, only for her to vindicated!

bfgBaikal

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 23, 12 7:17 PM
My problem is that I have six stones and only five words. I can spell out "We (1) must (2) release (3) you (4) spirits (5)", presumably going from left to right, but what is the sixth stone meant to be for? Am I missing something? Most. Frustrating. Game. EVER.

And BTW, as for the strategy guide, if I wanted it to be playing clever clogs with me and being totally obscure, I wouldn't be looking at it in the first place!!!!!

Mr_Krabs
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Krabs on Nov 23, 12 7:48 PM
Panic over. It was a discrepancy between my journal and the strategy guide. I've finished it now - for all of my moans, and there were some extremely irritating things about the game, I couldn't stop playing it. But I repeat, that strategy guide was the worst ever.

Those floating pictures were something - incredibly frustrating, yet I couldn't give up on them. I only skipped one, which is unusual for me. I'm the person the skip button was invented for.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Nov 24, 12 12:01 AM
I moved the rocks around the relic before I took the picture. Now I can't put the rocks back which means I can't get the picture. What do I do? I can't go back to the physic without.. all the pictures.......so, I'm at a stand still....and in a mess.

[Post New]by velvet_raisin on Nov 24, 12 7:28 AM
I'm having trouble getting into the vent at the prison office. I've tried using all of my items on it (fake relic, screwdriver, warden's keys). Can anyone offer any guidance? Thank you in advance!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Nov 24, 12 8:15 AM
I have to agree with Mr. Krabs. those floating puzzles were ticking me off. the strategy guide was stupid. Hated that.
Please don't do that again.
I loved this game but the actress was seriously over acting. I cringed each time I had to go back to her. I knew she would end up going over to the dark side at the end. to easy....

I loved Ravenhearst and Dire Grove. More like them please. AND STOP WITH THE OVER ACTING. It made me want to tear my hair out.

MCF's are my favorite games to play. Please more like the above. Less like this one.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 24, 12 10:09 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Just swimming by to give a little bit of advice!

susielee: You should be able to match that drawing even after moving the rocks around the relic. (I did the exact same thing!) Just be sure to match up the drawing just slightly left of where the relic was collected.

velvet_raisin: After putting the Ladder up to the vent, take the screw driver from the inventory and click on each bolt individually to get the grate open.

If there's still an issue in those parts of the game our Tech Support will be more than happy to take a look and help so that you can get back to enjoying your game! Just select the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right.

Good luck!

bfgIzara

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 24, 12 2:01 PM
Thank you, bfgIzara

I have never dragged a ladder around so much in my life, or forgotten where I last had it. Now I have to drag it back over to collect the fake relic and not leave it on the roof again!

[Post New]by velvet_raisin on Nov 24, 12 6:12 PM
Thank you, bfgIzara, that worked! I had left the ladder elsewhere and didn't think of it.

My hint system is "stuck" in the first chapter, so that wasn't much help.

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 6:13:36 PM PST

[Post New]by coffeechickia on Nov 25, 12 7:45 AM
Ok, very frustrated! I completed the runic altar puzzle, the relic is glowing red, all runes and pins in proper order (I checked in the SG just to make sure) and.......nothing. I cannot move on and finish. Anyone got an idea for me?

[Post New]by coffeechickia on Nov 25, 12 7:53 AM
Ok....I had to reboot. The game was just stuck. Never mind!

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Nov 26, 12 7:26 PM
I have been a huge fan of the MCF since the first one, but I did not like this one even a little bit. . . very disappointing. The floating pictures were the WORST idea ever, in my opinion, followed by the dreadful strategy guide. The other puzzles were sorely lacking in proper explanation/directions, so that I ended up skipping most of them. They simply weren't worth the trouble of agonizing over figuring out how to solve them. I guess the developers are having the last laugh, though, cause they've made a load of money based on reputation alone. It's probably my last MCF purchase, though.

[Post New]by Lolyta_IceWalker on Nov 28, 12 4:17 AM
Ohhh, I'll be so glad when this game is over. I'm sitting here with actual notes in front of me to solve this relic puzzle... why? Because my diary is stuck on school (it came all the way forward through the plot with me, and when I got my 50th morphing item it all vanished. I've got nothing past the little boy sneaking up to the school roof) so I've written down all the possible combinations of runes I can see - the first two pages of the teachers book, and the direct translation using the library book (although I'm having the 6-runes-5-words problem too. And of course the Strategy guide is of no help, as it has been all game. I don't use skip buttons, but between the confusion and the diary glitch...
I'm too over this game to even bother trying anymore.
After the whole 'bonus chapter' taking 10 minutes, apart from the safe puzzle, during which I kept using the crossed out and differently coloured numbers from the ledger, instead of the #many down from the top, until I figured that out and that oh-so-horrendous floating jigsaw... I've pretty much lost my faith in MCF.

Go to: