Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 1:30 AM
So close to the end, it has all been leading to this! Post any questions, queries or theories on Chapter 11 below.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 1:35:28 AM PST

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 20, 12 2:27 AM
Stuck on the safe in the quarry. Would appreciate any insights anyone can offer. I tried entering the numbers that were in the ledger in the office, but no dice; handle wouldn't turn.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,254 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 20, 12 3:13 AM
Spoiler ahead, highlight to read:

[ Note the numbers at the top of the ledger like little tabs with hearts, diamonds, and spades. Count down the sheet however many that number says until you get to the right entry. Say the top says 5 hearts: count five down the sheet and use that number.]

violet_sf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by violet_sf on Nov 20, 12 6:55 AM
I am also stuck on the safe...I understand the counting down according to the numbers on the s/h/d....but which column do we choose? thanks!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 7:01 AM
violet_sf wrote:I am also stuck on the safe...I understand the counting down according to the numbers on the s/h/d....but which column do we choose? thanks!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

start from the top left column and work your way down, and once you reach the last visible line on the first column, move over to the next column that has the same numbers that appear on the safe - which is the fourth column

Good Luck,

MargieB

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 20, 12 7:23 AM
Hi Margie,
Thanks for the tips, but I still don't understand it?? Could you clarify what you mean please.
i've tried so many different combos, but I'm no further forwards.
HELP......:-0

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 7:31 AM
belamba wrote:Hi Margie,
Thanks for the tips, but I still don't understand it?? Could you clarify what you mean please.
i've tried so many different combos, but I'm no further forwards.
HELP......:-0

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

I Understand, it took me a while to get it too. I'll give you the first part of the answer and if that does not work, I'll give you the whole solution.

First, make sure that you are getting the numbers in order, heart, spade and diamond since they appear in a different order on the book.

Open the book in the office. Pull the heart sticky note and look at the left column, the safe has the number 5 around the heart, If you start at the first column on the left, and count down five spaces, that gives you this number (16875).

Hope this helps,

MargieB

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 20, 12 7:46 AM
I will say, I tried this (counting down the columns thing) and either the numbers are randomized, or someone messed up on the diamond page for me. I counted down nine rows and the number in that column wasn't even on the safe dial! I ended up just doing trial by elimination; tried pretty much every permutation of the possible codes and eventually got lucky (although I'm not sure what my combination was). I don't recommend that, but if you get the same problem (i.e. the number in row nine doesn't appear on the dial), this is probably your best bet. It actually doesn't take THAT long to cycle through the possibilities.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 8:19 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:I will say, I tried this (counting down the columns thing) and either the numbers are randomized, or someone messed up on the diamond page for me. I counted down nine rows and the number in that column wasn't even on the safe dial! I ended up just doing trial by elimination; tried pretty much every permutation of the possible codes and eventually got lucky (although I'm not sure what my combination was). I don't recommend that, but if you get the same problem (i.e. the number in row nine doesn't appear on the dial), this is probably your best bet. It actually doesn't take THAT long to cycle through the possibilities.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

The numbers are not random, but the 9 on the diamond is a bit tricky. To get to the ninth listing, you don't count the partially visible line at the end of the first column and then you must jump over to the fourth column (the one with the set of numbers, not dollar signs) and choose the number at the top as the ninth one.

MargieB

huffpatsy
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Nov 20, 12 10:30 AM
I finally figured out the numbers to open the safe, but only part of the safe door opened and now I am stuck. I need help for this most impossible game. If it is a glitch, I need to know. HELP!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 20, 12 11:19 AM
with the awful guide a walkthry would help margie....being frustrated is not fun...could you please give the whole safe code

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 11:47 AM
bella81762 wrote:with the awful guide a walkthry would help margie....being frustrated is not fun...could you please give the whole safe code

Hi Bella,

The info is below.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT!!

• Open the book on the table. The columns start on the first row on the left, the second row you need to look at is on the 4th column over, the one with the sets of numbers, not the ones with the dollar signs.

• Choose the heart sticky note and look for the fifth number (16875).

• Choose the spade sticky note and look for the third number (32648).

• Choose the diamond sticky note and look for the ninth number (64821).

• Return to the safe.

• Use the following numbers on the dials: Top (heart) - 16875, Center (spade) – 32648, and Bottom (diamond) - 64821.

• Spin the handle to open the safe.

• Touch the mask to unlock the morphing objects. You can now go to all the locations and look for the 50 morphing objects.

• Read the note in the safe.

MargieB

[Post New]by tracynavarro on Nov 20, 12 12:12 PM

by huffpatsy on Nov 20, 12 10:30 AM

I finally figured out the numbers to open the safe, but only part of the safe door opened and now I am stuck. I need help for this most impossible game. If it is a glitch, I need to know. HELP!

Yes, it's a glitch. It should open all the way...SPOILER:
You get a mask, and that's what lets you start collecting morphing objects.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Nov 20, 12 12:39 PM
PLEEEEEASE I need more help on the safe.
Do the numbers in the middle of the dials mean anything? 5, 3, 9?
If you count the number of h/d/s on the tabs on the book then they all have 3?
For instance, according to my book there are three hearts on the tab. Count three lines down and move to column 4 the result is 63849 but that number is not on the dial for hearts!!!! Please help.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,995 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 20, 12 12:48 PM
BereniceP wrote:PLEEEEEASE I need more help on the safe.
Do the numbers in the middle of the dials mean anything? 5, 3, 9?
If you count the number of h/d/s on the tabs on the book then they all have 3?
For instance, according to my book there are three hearts on the tab. Count three lines down and move to column 4 the result is 63849 but that number is not on the dial for hearts!!!! Please help.
Yes. Read what MargieB wrote above. It's step by step

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,995 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 20, 12 12:50 PM
Just curious, was anyone other than me thrown off by the red herring ?

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 20, 12 1:04 PM
How do you get into the office?

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Nov 20, 12 2:25 PM
How do you get the lever for the crane to lower the safe?

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Nov 20, 12 2:35 PM
PirateGirl212 wrote:How do you get into the office?
I found the wrench for air conditioner in cab of crane.

violet_sf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by violet_sf on Nov 20, 12 3:02 PM
Thanks for the safe code Margie B...(this game is fun but difficult)

Go to: