bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 21, 12 12:29 AM
Long ago, a renowned warrior and ruler, Alexander the Great, endued his crown, dagger and ring with magical powers. The power once bestowed on each artifact is strong, and capable of causing irreparable harm, should they fall into the hands of the evil. Now it’s up to you, a descendant of the ancient emperor, to collect all the artifacts and save the world. Dive into the whirlpool of dramatic events and thrilling mysteries to unlock the secrets of ancient power!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 21, 12 12:34 AM
Morning, all...

Ooooh.... Super !! A soft release, and non other than "Alexander the Great".

I demoed this game at the developer's site, and have been waiting for it to come here.

More later...

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 21, 12 12:42 AM
Yea! I have been waiting for this one!

I demo-ed on the Devs site too, Valdy!

BK

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 21, 12 2:29 AM
I'm an Alexander the Great groupie, he's my favorite historical personage. He changed the face of the ancient world. I've always wondered what the Far East would have been like if his army would have kept going. Would Alexander have escaped his early grave if they wouldn't have turned homeward? I'm busy this morning so I have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to try it

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 21, 12 3:13 AM
Question:

When I set this game to DL the demo, I get an "Open File - Security Warning - this type file may potentially harm computer" warning box that comes up. I know BFG are "virus free" but I don't recall this message box before. Is it safe to download the game?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 21, 12 3:40 AM
tj1147 wrote:Question:

When I set this game to DL the demo, I get an "Open File - Security Warning - this type file may potentially harm computer" warning box that comes up. I know BFG are "virus free" but I don't recall this message box before. Is it safe to download the game?
I did't get that warning. I think it's safe. But you can ask CS.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 21, 12 3:47 AM
It looks like a false warning, TJ. I used to use McAfee, and they kept deleting files that belonged to a game, thinking it was a trojan or such. Got really fed up with that and switched to Norton. Never had that problem again.

Some files have the type of name that suggest that they are trojans, so the antivirus system assumes it's a thread and warns you about it or even takes it upon itself to remove it. Usually it's just the name, not the file itself that is causing the problems.

--- --- ---

I had forgotten how rotten some of the scenes look (graphic-wise). I can't believe that in the first scenes (at home), the graphics are clear and clean and nicely done. And then, when I travel to the next place, the graphics are really dreadful, inside the HOS and out of them, although there is the odd scene with nicer graphics.

Looks to me like the developer wanted to save money when making this game, and added crude images that didn't cost any money to an otherwise nice game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 21, 12 5:00 AM
Thank you both for your replies...I will download the demo and give it a try!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Nov 21, 12 10:31 AM
Have been enjoying this game today. So glad it was a soft release. What a great little game along with the TGT as well and the regular game. I'm in IHOG heaven!

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Nov 29, 12 10:00 AM
I like this game , too.

My objection : the three word text we find in Pella, is all wrong.

It is not exactly Greek. It seems to me like English translated
with the help of Google translator. Good thing is this text does
not affect any part of the story.

I could avoid the comment but it is good for the developers to
know that they are always under observation. There will always
be someone who knows something more. Sorry....

Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power

[Post New]by ReineDeirdre on Feb 16, 13 4:07 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Long ago, a renowned warrior and ruler, Alexander the Great, endued his crown, dagger and ring with magical powers. The power once bestowed on each artifact is strong, and capable of causing irreparable harm, should they fall into the hands of the evil. Now it's up to you, a descendant of the ancient emperor, to collect all the artifacts and save the world. Dive into the whirlpool of dramatic events and thrilling mysteries to unlock the secrets of ancient power!

Go to: