bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 21, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 21, 12 2:34 AM
i can only get the game to play on half of my screen and i cannot see the inventory at the bottom of the screen or the quit button etc, any help please

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by maddux on Nov 21, 12 3:55 AM
i cannot get the inventory to show on the bottom either. Really want to play the game. HELP!!!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Nov 21, 12 4:01 AM
I started playing and all was well until I got to the scene where you're supposed to move things in the art gallery. They won't move even though I tried several different objects. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by jobo90 on Nov 21, 12 4:24 AM
Only objects that have absolutely nothing overlapping them can be moved. Highlighted objects can be moved.
Click on a object and the object sticks to the cursor, and only then can it be moved.
Hope this helps! It worked fine for me!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Nov 21, 12 4:47 AM
I figured that's how it worked and thought I tried that but I'll go back and try again. Thanks.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 21, 12 5:00 AM
That one place in the art gallery, where you have to move objects to discover something underneath, is a pain in the neck. Once I moved several objects, the book and papers underneath decided to be stubborn and didn't want to move.

However, after trying it again and again, moving different objects that I had already moved to yet another place, it worked at long last. Perhaps the first items you move need to be moved some more to a further away place before you can tackle those right in the middle. As I said, a pain in the neck, but I did it in the end.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 21, 12 6:39 AM
Hi 88blyth and maddux,

It sounds like the game is not displaying as it should for you. The good news is that a few small adjustments should resolve this.

Have you checked your screen resolution and updated your drivers already?

If not, I would suggest trying to make those adjustments as the first port of call.

If that fails, I would encourage you to work with our Tech Support Team so they can offer some more dedicated support.

This issue could be caused by the type of machine you are using so if you do contact support, it would be most helpful to include a Dr. Felix report. That will help us to make accurate suggestions from the outset.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 6:40:19 AM PST

catnip5
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by catnip5 on Nov 21, 12 6:58 AM
I, too, am having problems with moving the objects. Went out of the puzzle, and back in, several times. Finally gave up. If there are issues at the beginning of a game, there may be issues further along. So, at this time, it's a no buy. I'll try again in the future.

susieq27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Moving Objects in Art Gallery!!!

[Post New]by susieq27 on Nov 21, 12 8:05 AM
I too like many others am having problems with moving the objects on the floor to find out what is underneath. Screen resolution and drivers are fine but nothing will move not even a little. The hand is showing and have tried moving things that are not overlapping but no luck can this be sorted please???

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Nov 21, 12 8:23 AM
am having trouble when i am in the bedroom of the lane house the game will not let me skip or pick up the metal object on the window sill after i fix the window i have to close the game to get out of that problem tried to unstall and reinstall but it didn''t work

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 21, 12 9:18 AM
Hey Fishies,

If those issues are still persisting after checking the screen resolution and video card driver, anduninsatlling and reinstalling the game, please contact Tech Support for further help. They're great, and will be able to work with you one-on-one to troubleshoot those issues.

Feel free to contact them by clicking here to create a support email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 9:19:02 AM PST

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Nov 21, 12 10:52 AM
eigus wrote:am having trouble when i am in the bedroom of the lane house the game will not let me skip or pick up the metal object on the window sill after i fix the window i have to close the game to get out of that problem tried to unstall and reinstall but it didn''t work

I have the same problem...has anyone been able to pass this one? I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of that scene

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Nov 21, 12 11:39 AM
I'm also having the same problem with the Lane house bedroom window. Have to shut down completely to exit the game. Will this bug be fixed?

[Post New]by woodspinner on Nov 21, 12 11:44 AM
I have my screen set at a custom resolution of 133% I had to drop down to 100% in order to play the game. In today's age, really? I demo probably half of the games that are offered. This has never been a problem. So it has to be a coding error. I won the previous game and there is no res0olution problem.

This is a flaw. No way should I have to change dpi back and forth just to play a game.

What a shame

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Nov 21, 12 12:26 PM
Am having the same problem moving objects. I get the hand but nothing gets highlighted and NONE of the objects will move. Have gone in and out a few times and still not able to move anything.....Help?

bea1106
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bea1106 on Nov 21, 12 3:15 PM
dosnomads wrote:I'm also having the same problem with the Lane house bedroom window. Have to shut down completely to exit the game. Will this bug be fixed?

me too. can't get further....

[Post New]by Mizgamer on Nov 21, 12 3:29 PM
To move papers/objects over, click on top sheet once, it should then be highlighted in blue. Then click and hold to move it.

Hope that helps.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 21, 12 4:14 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry you're all running into issues with this game!

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for this game and send it in to our Tech Support Team.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where an issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 21, 12 5:13 PM
When it comes to the mini-game moving the objects: If they don't move, exit the scene and do something else in some other location.

I was one of the folks it didn't work for the first time....so I left, wandered around some more and found a few more items, then went back to that scene and it worked perfectly the second time I tried it.

I wish I could remember what I did between the first time it didn't work and the second time when it did -- but darned old memory anyhow, I just don't recall. I just know I wandered around a few minutes, completed a few other active areas, then went back and was able to finish it just fine.

I must have tried it too early (in the programmers' minds) and if that's the case, it's too bad they didn't think to leave it inactive until players had completed the required tasks as they wrote the program.

Or they could have flashed text something like 'search the rest of the room before trying to collect this evidence'. Anything but having it look active but be unworkable, leaving many of us thinking it is a glitch.

Go to: