bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 21, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post any Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power technical issues here only

[Post New]by JammyKat on Nov 21, 12 1:37 AM
When I get to Pella and try to take a letter disc from under the plants, I get a "System Error Cannot read from drive D. Cancel/Abort " message. My D drive is the DVD drive, and there is nothing in it, so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Whether I click Cancel or Abort, I get a message saying I can't run a 16-bit Windows program. I'm running XP Pro in 32-bit mode, so not sure where that's coming from. I did a demo of this game at the dev site and never had this problem. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, and I'm hoping that will fix whatever is wrong.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Nov 21, 12 3:19 AM
I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, and downloaded the link again. Installed and it's all working fine now. Maybe my PCs wanting to take a break for Thanksgiving--it's being a TURKEY!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 21, 12 10:05 AM
My cursor goes berserk as soon as this game starts. I finally got it to let me change options, hoping for a system cursor that might behave, but there was no such animal and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the game. Am going to try reinstalling. Hope it works because Alexander is a favorite of mine and I was really looking forward to this.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 21, 12 12:41 PM
Hey there Fishies,

Just swimming by! Happy to hear that the game is working fine now JammyKat!

kinget: That cursor going berserk may be from some display settings. I'd recommend making sure that the video card driver is up to date. I'd also get in touch with Tech Support as they can give you some personalized help and answer any questions you may have.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Nov 21, 12 1:52 PM
i am almost done with the game and am trying to find the last crystal for the crown when the game shut down and when i tried to start again i press continue the game shuts down again please fix it

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 21, 12 2:50 PM
Hi eigus,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble right as you're getting close to the end of the game!

What you describe sounds like a game crash, so first please check out the suggestions we have for that sort of issue in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try those and things are still not working correctly, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly to get this resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Nov 21, 12 5:33 PM
eigus wrote:i am almost done with the game and am trying to find the last crystal for the crown when the game shut down and when i tried to start again i press continue the game shuts down again please fix it

This describes to a T (exactly) what has happened when I played the game! I got to the same place and the same exact thing happens when I click on "Continue"! I have Uninstalled and Reinstalled the game x2 and it continues to shut down the game when I click on "Continue" to try to get back into the game.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 21, 12 6:54 PM
I uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled. The cursor was still going berserk, but I was able with a lot of luck to get it to cooperate long enough to push play. Immediately it settled down and it is fine now. I went out and back in just to make sure before buying. So if anybody else has this problem, you might be able to fix it that way, but it sure was a challenge!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 22, 12 4:18 AM
Heya yourshannygirl,

It definitely isn't nice that your game keeps closing like that!

Asd you have already tried the suggestions we posted here I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team so they can have a look at that for you. They'll be more than happy to help out!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Nov 22, 12 5:08 AM
Every time I try to go back into the treasury to place a statue it kicks me out. Time to hit up tech support I guess after the holiday. Seems Im the only one with this problem. Oh well

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Nov 22, 12 11:06 AM
hi there,
running windows xp and just set up my pc totally new I couldn´t start the game. It seems to start normal, but then shuts down with runtime error message. Uninstalled and installed it, no change. Did every update from the help pages - trying to reinstall it now for the second time... any ideas?? Seems to be a nice games with good graphics... :-(

Plotbunny
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,042 Posts

[Post New]by Plotbunny on Nov 23, 12 6:32 AM
Eigus and yourshannygirl that sounds exactly like what happens with my game, only difference I can see is If I start a new profile the game will let me play until I reach that part of it. Oh and it has now shut down in both of those last two locations. It seems no matter where I am once I begin to look for that last shard it closes down. I think it's a glitch in the game and maybe soon Big Fish with have an update or patch for it. Great game otherwise though

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 24, 12 5:11 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these troubles to play the game.

Moon38, if you can't place a statue at that time, you might need to complete another step first. Sometimes you need to place items really slowly as well in order for them to fit the perfect position.

twin222, the Runtime errors are often caused by Microsoft .NET framework versions that are out of date, admin issues, or flash and shockwave versions that are old. To get some dedicated help, I suggest you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, one of our Rep will be happy to look into this issue for you.

Plotbunny, after what you described, this sounds like a corrupted saved files issue. The best thing to do is to reach out our Tech Support Team. They will be able to find out what's exactly going on.

I hope this helps.

bfgTokoro

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 24, 12 4:00 PM
Well, I'm at the end and, like others, the game closes when I'm at the rock place. I tried again to start playing and nothing. I really don't want to start over from the beginning.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 25, 12 3:27 AM
for me it is the back on the desk when i take plane to india!i'm tired of these games which are thrown on sale with several bugs!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 3:44 AM
Heya Fishies,

If you have tried all the steps provided here already and your game is still acting up, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

They can help you even better if you could also provide them with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report together with a description of your problem. This way they will have all information right away and can have a closer look at everything to get this solved as soon as possible.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Nov 28, 12 7:12 AM
I have just reached the point of finding the last shard for the crown when the game shuts down. I have tried 3 times to start again with "continue" and it just shuts down again. I'm so near the end and it is most annoying that I'm unable to complete the game.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 28, 12 10:30 AM
So sorry to hear that the game is shutting down hagglebag! It's never fun when that happens.

I would definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as well as checking that the most up-to-date video card drivers are on the system as that can sometimes help. (Just click on the blue text for specific instructions.)

Also please be sure to contact Tech Support so they can take a look as well. They'll work with you to try some other options to get your game back up and running.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Dec 2, 12 10:36 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else while trying to go into the treasury to place the statue so I can get the last crystal. I checked to see if my video card was updated and it is. I also checked to make sure I have the latest drivers and they are. So many of us are having this same problem that I think it is a game problem and not us. So, what I want to know is if there is going to be a fix for this game?

Go to: