bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 22, 12 12:29 AM
Enjoy the ultimate Fishdom experience with new Fishdom III by Playrix! Now all your fish are in 3D and have their own personalities! Feed them, play with them, and watch them interact with each other. Engage in challenging and fun match-3 gameplay with new unique twists as you earn dozens of awards and achievements, and make money to decorate and personalize your aquarium! Choose from over 150 underwater decor items and accessories in 8 unique themes. Plus, design as many tanks as you like. Hey, your finned friends are waiting for you - dive in!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

*100 bonus levels
*Relaxing soundtrack
*Exclusive wallpapers
*Concept art
*Fishipedia!

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 2:35:16 AM PST

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Nov 22, 12 12:40 AM
So excited! I had to buy the last fishdom elsewhere cos the premium edition wasn't available here, I do like to have all my games in one place so this is great!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 22, 12 12:46 AM
I got the first one for my 6 year old Grandson. I couldn't believe a 125MB game was offered as a CE. It's a glorified phone app isn't it?
As it says above, The collectors edition includes, what? nothing?
Pass.

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 10:16:43 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 12 3:03 AM
I have found that with this developer's games, the CE often isn't worth bothering with (Royal Envoy being the exception).

I remember buying the "Farmscapes" CE directly from them, because the bonus content promised extra farms to play on. Well, wasn't I disappointed when I found out that those extra farms were the exact same farms as the original one on the main game. So no, I don't buy CEs from this developer anymore.

Anyway... long rambling aside, I am very impressed with the 3-D look of this game (I demoed it over at the dev's site when it came out).

However, I am not happy with the endless talk I get from a certain fishie - too much interruption for me - and frankly, while playing the demo at the dev's site, I got already bored with the sameness of the game.

However, I will buy this game once it's out as an SE, because I do love those 3-D graphics, as I mentioned before.

Enjoy the game, everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving to all fishies who reside in the USA !!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 22, 12 6:34 AM
There is 100 bonus levels in this Ce. For me Farmscapes was muchly anticipated, but turned out to be a crappy game. I bought the Ce though. Royal Envoy 2. Each one of them from the developer's site. I even own the Fishdom 2 Premium from the developer's site. All full versions with no need for registration. 2 of them came with the need to register, but I e-mailed the company and they gave me the full version without the need to register it to unlock the full version. But nothing is free and those games weren't either, but this is a good match 3.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 22, 12 6:40 AM
nomatt wrote:I got the first one for my year old Grandson. I couldn't believe a 125MB game was offered as a CE. It's a glorified phone app isn't it?
Pass.

The second one includes a bonus fish tank with objects, but you have to unlock it by completing fish tanks. After I think you unlock the last fish tank into bronze or something it will show it to you and only then can you use it, but I don't think I'd let a year old play it.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 22, 12 7:14 AM
Is this a new game, or a gussied-up version of an older game? I thought that this game was already out - or am I just confusing it with one of the many holiday incarnations of Fishdom?

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 22, 12 9:08 AM
You are confusing it with another Fishdom game. Unless you already purchased or saw it on the developer's site.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 22, 12 10:17 AM
metmichallica wrote:
nomatt wrote:I got the first one for my year old Grandson. I couldn't believe a 125MB game was offered as a CE. It's a glorified phone app isn't it?
Pass.

The second one includes a bonus fish tank with objects, but you have to unlock it by completing fish tanks. After I think you unlock the last fish tank into bronze or something it will show it to you and only then can you use it, but I don't think I'd let a year old play it.

Sorry, I mis-typed. My 6 year old Grandson.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 22, 12 10:53 AM
No problem, lol. I was thinking I wouldn't let a year old around a computer either. It would literally scare me. I would be scared for the computer.

But your grandson has to spend a lot of time playing the game and I think when he is on the 3rd tank and gets the first trophy for the last aquarium he can see and play the 4th tank.

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 10:55:58 AM PST

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Nov 22, 12 11:11 AM
Wow what a funny and excellent game! I think I will buy the CE, can't help it, this game looks like hours and hours of fun

I remember playing the very first and the others in the series, ages ago, and loved them. But this new one has evolved!! The 3D fishes are great and funny to look at (and to listen to their humorous lines), very smooth Match-3 gameplay, love the decorations and love the different themes. Lots of trophies to get, things to do, I will have a lot of fun with this one !!

[Post New]by Karbea on Nov 22, 12 11:18 AM
On level 31, there is 2 sides. I can't figure out how to get the side on the left.

[Post New]by Karbea on Nov 22, 12 11:19 AM
On Fishdom 3

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 22, 12 11:49 AM
So the only thing that really makes it a CE (play-wise) is an extra tank? I have Seasons, that one comes with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas tanks. I wish there were really good CEs in other genres than HOG. Royal Envoy was the first CE I ever bought, it was totally worth it. I've never gotten another CE that was.

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Nov 22, 12 1:13 PM
shagwendy wrote:So the only thing that really makes it a CE (play-wise) is an extra tank? I have Seasons, that one comes with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas tanks. I wish there were really good CEs in other genres than HOG. Royal Envoy was the first CE I ever bought, it was totally worth it. I've never gotten another CE that was.

I don't think that there is a extra tank in the CE. There are unlimited tanks. The bonus are 100 more levels and I saw items which are only available in the CE. I had only played a few levels and I have not count how many items are only in the CE. I will wait for the SE or for a CE BOGO.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 22, 12 6:15 PM
shagwendy wrote:So the only thing that really makes it a CE (play-wise) is an extra tank? I have Seasons, that one comes with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas tanks. I wish there were really good CEs in other genres than HOG. Royal Envoy was the first CE I ever bought, it was totally worth it. I've never gotten another CE that was.

All the Ce's I bought were worth it except for Kingdom Chronicles. That game is good, but it only has 6 bonus levels. I own all the Fishdom's including Seasons and I would say they were all worth it, because I like holidays and I like Fish.

This one is worth it. It has added objects,100 bonus levels. The only thing that I think it is missing is an extra background or two. This one you can actually change the background and make it your own tank. Not like Fishdom 2 where you had 3 tanks and had to use those objects in each one of those. This one you could do what you want and use any object you want in it from Japan to Pirates.

Edit: The only thing that is missing is a screenshot button.\

It has 8 backgrounds to use.

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 6:21:06 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 12 12:33 AM

You also get an extra 100 levels to play, Shaggy.

I too own the "Seasons under the Sea" game, and I think that one is the best one, because it has everything in it you could wish for.

I am impressed by the 3-D images with this game, but nothing much else. Will get the SE though.

Have a beautiful weekend.

[Post New]by Adventura on Nov 23, 12 5:30 PM
I don't know why my game codes are not applying to this game... Not punch card ones... I know better... Too late to call or chat online. Just thought someone else may have run into this problem.

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Nov 23, 12 7:48 PM

[Post New]by Karbea on Nov 22, 12 11:18 AM
On level 31, there is 2 sides. I can't figure out how to get the side on the left.

You have to blow up the right side bottom so the war head goes down to the bottom. I had to play this level about a dozen times before I got it to go to the bottom. Once it's down there it will blow up both sides.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Nov 23, 12 8:32 PM
Adventura wrote:I don't know why my game codes are not applying to this game... Not punch card ones... I know better... Too late to call or chat online. Just thought someone else may have run into this problem.

Because you cannot buy a Collector Edition with a punch card code reward. You have to buy the game for $13.99 or wait till you get two credits.

Go to: