sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Elizabeth Find M.D. - BORING and a WASTE of Money

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Feb 15, 09 2:21 AM
The majority of the trial period is spent reading information relative to the game - actual game play is very boring and completed it in no time and wish I had not spent the money. The worst game I have gotten so far. I wish I could get my money back!!!!!

Re:Elizabeth Find M.D. - BORING and a WASTE of Money

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 15, 09 2:29 AM
Bought this game and playing it now - on case 2. Find it rather a pleasant HO with an interesting House type storyline. It might be a case of "simple things" please "simple minds" - but I am enjoying it!!!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Feb 15, 09 8:36 AM
Another simple mind here. I'm loving it.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Feb 15, 09 8:56 AM
I enjoyed it too. Playing it a second time.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 15, 09 9:38 AM
I just finished this last night. I think it took about 3 hours. I enjoyed the game. It wasn't very challenging (aside from one mini game), but enjoyable.

I like breaks from challenging sometimes as I also play TM's and enjoy a slower pace away from those.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Feb 16, 09 8:25 AM
I agree it was boring to me for some reason, too. Tell Big Fish about it, if you disliked it. Never hurts to give your opinion. It has it's good points, but I'd not buy it again either.

[Post New]by Odessachip on Feb 16, 09 10:19 AM
I definately agree with you! I am absolutely sorry I purchased the game. A refund would be most appropriate to us who thought it was a waste of money or even a game club credit would be sufficient.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Feb 16, 09 5:03 PM
I was asking a lot, I know, when I thought this game might be good! I wish someone would ask me about making a game. I am not certain I could make a good one, but I think I might do better than the folks who created this game! I cannot believe that anyone could possibly think the general game community would like this. Someone worked very hard, I am certain, but when attempting to capitalize on the feeding frenzy for anything forensic, you have to know a bit about the subject first. Anyone who watches CSI (I HATE that show) has learned more than this game contains. The first person who attempts to put a solid substance into a petri dish quickly learns that the solid does not magically leap from the surface it is on into the petri dish, unless, that is, the petri dish and solid substance are in a certain forensic computer game. What a waste! There are so many wonderful cases out there in the real world that could be slightly changed and then turned into a worthwhile game section. There are a large number of forensic scientists who loved their work, but are now retired. Give them a chance and they will be more than happy to tell about their work. All of us forensic folks have the "You will never believe the case I worked on yesterday" experience! We need to get the upcoming potential forensic folks interested in the field in the first place, and we can always use better educated jurors, too! This is a sad and bad game which could have been great with a little more work than was done to create this one. (I will now step down from my soapbox for tonight.)

Edited on 02/16/2009 at 5:04:13 PM PST

[Post New]by granny_tweety306 on Feb 17, 09 4:53 PM
Good game,but far far to short for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 17, 09 5:31 PM
I would have liked it to be a bit longer, but at $7 for Jumbo game club memeber, I don't think it was a waste of money.

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Feb 18, 09 10:32 AM
Hi fishies,
I finished the 60 minutes. I too found it a bit boring and will not buy it. It was too not bad but I would like to see some other objects. I have learned a lot of new english words but now I have had it with always the same ruler and butterflies and hammer etc. I want to learn other words.
So I hereby challenge BFG to make a HO game with new items.

[Post New]by billerman1 on Feb 27, 09 10:17 PM
you can get a refund. just write a complaint. I did on "The Spirit of Wandering" Wasn't worth the money.
And they sent me a coupon code for a new game.

[Post New]by NeedleDodger on Feb 28, 09 5:41 AM
I'm with all of you who found this game to be boring, same old, same old and much too expensive. I too would like a refund or a returned credit but BFG is here to sell games and make $$$... not to make their "end-users" happy. I will definitely think twice before using a game credit for such a "lame game" again. I think it should have had at least 6 cases and a few more mini-games that required more than "auto-click". If you want to get value for what you pay for, this game is not for you. Soap opera material at best. I for one will be notifying the "support department" that I feel like I've been hornswoggled here and will politely request a refund... I'll let you know the results of my efforts as soon as possible....

moosemama
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moosemama on Mar 1, 09 3:40 PM

this game was interesting enough in the download that I bought it. After I finished the first case, I found it very repetitive and dull, Same scenes, same objects (over & over) recylcle sign, beetles, brushes, etc. Started out promising, petered out.
Then the last case pulled a BIG DUD....after the Dr's "solve" the case, they say "I NEED A CIGARETTE"
Stupid message to send idiot programmers.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Mar 1, 09 5:19 PM
I did not like it either. You know a game is bad when you keep wanting to find the end as soon as possible.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 3, 09 8:01 AM
I think BFG does everything possible to make their members happy and offers such a wide variety of games. They even have demos so you can try the games first, prior to buying them, without having to put a bunch of spyware on your system to demo (check out msn games or lots of other sites). I've purchased several games in the past without a demo, and learned the hard way. Thank you BFG for all you do!

[Post New]by Airwick on Mar 4, 09 4:33 PM
I also found Elizabeth Find M.D. boring. I used a game credit to purchase this game and I found it very boring myself. I can't say it was a waste of my game credit per say but I have no complaints to send to Big Fish. They have ALWAYS ALWAYS been very good to me. There has been a couple times that I did live chat for different reasons and they were just as pleasant as they could be and I would recommend anyone that has a complaint to let Big Fish know what is wrong, they WILL try to satisfy each and every one of us. Several days later when I would check my email, on both occasions I was given a coupon for a free game. I'm not saying that they do that every time someone has a complaint, but, I know that it doesn't hurt to contact Big Fish with your concerns. I thank you Big Fish for the great games you are putting out. I look forward to more of the hidden objects games coming out.

[Post New]by NeedleDodger on Mar 8, 09 3:01 AM
Just a quick note to let you know that BFG was right on top of it. Within 3 days I received a reply and was gifted with a coupon code to purchase a different game. Wonderful. Keep up the excellent PR BFG.

[Post New]by babygimzo31 on Mar 12, 09 8:48 PM
this game was boring and not worth the money u spend on it. i have asked for a refund lets see if i get even a coupon. was finished with whole game in 45 min. i should have just tried it first.

Imansaray
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Imansaray on Mar 12, 09 10:51 PM
I just finished the game and it was ok, I just wished it had a better ending. It did not explaine why three people got sick that were tied to the school. First the gardner or whoever he was, then a student and now the principal. Its kind of strange that they did not go into more detail about the connections and all three cases had endings that did not make any sense. I thought that it was kind of cool that sometimes when you go back to a room, you had to search for an object by sound, which made it easer.

Go to: