nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,929 Posts

What are XPs?

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Nov 22, 12 11:03 PM
I am enjoying this game - I've played the others - but I'm confused by some of the stuff in this one, and they are not explained anywhere. To start, what are XPs? It says I need to have so many XPs to do something, but I'm not sure how I get them. I just keep playing, and they appear, I guess - but how?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,108 Posts

Re:What are XPs?

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 12 1:53 AM
Hi Nantyglyn

XPs are "Experience Points" that you earn while you play. The more points you get the more bonuses you get.

Hope this helps.

Just to add: With Role-Play games, for example, you need to have a certain amount of XPs to go up to the next level. For example, the more enemies you fight, the more experience points you get, which allows you to move up a level.

Of course, you don't have to fight any enemies in this game, but you get more XPs with each M3 game you play.

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 1:59:09 AM PST

TroyeMB1
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by TroyeMB1 on Nov 23, 12 6:25 AM
actually, you get XPs from caring for your fish (feeding them/ cleaning the tank, etc.) and buying things for your tank --- the Match 3 part is how you get your $$$...

Troye

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,929 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Nov 23, 12 11:55 AM
Thanks! That helps a lot.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,337 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 23, 12 12:13 PM
If there is a fish or decoration that is locked until the next level (or more), you can only get those XP star points by feeding the fish and cleaning the tank.

One trick I have been using is to close the game out completely and then just reopen it. Quite often, I will find my fish completely hungry again even though I just fed them. It may take closing and opening the game 2 or 3 times for it to work.

If it seems to catch on to what I am trying to do, and the fish are not hungry, I just close the lid on my laptop. Then when I log in again, it's kinda like rebooting and most of the time, I will find my fish hungry and the tank grungy and in need of cleaning. A quick and easy way to get to that next level so you can finally buy that next beautiful fish.
eta: spelling

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 12:15:59 PM PST

Happy_Ours1
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Dec 17, 12 5:20 PM
Another way to gain XP points without closing down your computer to start again, etc., is to simply take care of the other tanks you own...Just click on 'My Tanks' and select one of them. Chances are the tank will need cleaning and/or the fish will need feeding. Either way, you will get XP points much more quickly than the way described above. It only works, however, if you have more than one tank!
Hope this helps!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,419 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 26, 12 6:37 AM
I am on under the tanks level 79...on the actually M3 puzzles I am on level 616...BUT...have not gone beyond 'xps' total of 945?...three days of matching in games and six days of feeding, lots of extra plants and toys in the inventory...have 12 tanks now, one has 3 trophys and the others one trophy each, max out of 12 fish each,$13K to buy some more tanks...SO...Why is my 'xps' level still on 945?...is it because I am in 'relaxed' mode? or just have not reached the level that your 'xps' level changes?...Just wondering...am quite addicted to this game!
Lets...

Happy_Ours1
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Dec 27, 12 11:52 AM
Dear 'Letsdoit',

I don't understand...I am on tank seven and have 244,000+ XPs. I have earned all three cups for each tank...But, I am also playing in Timed mode. I also don't understand how you can have 12 fish per tank without having earned the three cups...With each cup comes a larger tank size, which allows one to purchase more fish...Are you looking at your XPs correctly?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,419 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 18, 13 12:39 AM
Happy_Ours1 wrote:Dear 'Letsdoit',

I don't understand...I am on tank seven and have 244,000+ XPs. I have earned all three cups for each tank...But, I am also playing in Timed mode. I also don't understand how you can have 12 fish per tank without having earned the three cups...With each cup comes a larger tank size, which allows one to purchase more fish...Are you looking at your XPs correctly?

Thanks for the reply....now I know why my 'xps' stay the same ...I have that OCD syndrome (at least thats what the kids tell me...duh!)....so after getting three cups on all 12 tanks, 12 fish each ... I decided to 'redecorate' each tank and change up some resident fish...some changing names as was excited when first playing that just wanted to have it be there!....quirky I know....I play 'untimed'...I put all my decorations in inventory that I want to change up and the level of 12 fish remain, just if u sell a fish u cannot go back up to 12 unless add decor! ...its just a never ending cycle!
Not sure if I explained my 'madness' well, but now know why I cannot get past that 'xps' rating ....happy gaming!
Lets...

Go to: