gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Is Chapter 11 the end? Help please...

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 22, 12 11:32 PM
Ok so I went to the quarry and got the mask. Am finding morphing objects. (Which is a shame they weren't available at the start but that's another story...

BUT...

Now I have no clue where to go. The hint says I need to fix the items on the shelf. So I'm like what shelf? So I open the SG and it's the shelf I already did in an early level!!! (The one with the fan etc) Say what?!

Any idea where I'm supposed to go from here? This game is so odd... it was sooooo easy and then suddenly it's impossible. Weird.

THanks!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Is Chapter 11 the end? Help please...

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 22, 12 11:42 PM
You could have gone to the quarry right at the start of the game when you got the keys out of the drawer in the warden's office (I think), meaning you would only have had to go back to the motel and the asylum for the morphing objects and done the rest on the way. But it shouldn't matter - you can go back to find them anyway.

I can't really tell you what to do next as I'm not sure where you are! What did you last do and do you still have any objects in your inventory?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Nov 22, 12 11:42 PM
Hi gamergirl,
Don't worry about finding the mask etc (and the morphing objects) at this point.
I decided to go to the quarry earlier on as I had the key after all, and opened the morphing objects bonus stuff ... but haven't found them all as yet.
I suspect the "shelf"is the one at the end of the tunnel where you place the cursed item to complete the game. But you do need to have collected all of the clues regarding the books/codes to complete this .... and of course "the other horn".
You can go back to all of the scenes later (apparently) to collect the morphing items after you have finished the Main Game. I am about to finish it myself so will let you know about this later.
I hope you manage to "get over your hump".
Cheers

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 12:06 AM
Thanks.

I don't actually think I'm at the end... although it acts like it? It just doesn't seem like it I mean I still have lots of inventory stuff left. And the shelf pictured in the SG really is the one in the office with the fan etc... it's not the mask one unless you put the mask on the shelf in the office? But the SG doesn't picture that and says I'm only 37%. (Although it said I was further along before I opened the quarry. So kinda odd. But anyway... it's definitely showing me a scene I have already completed in the SG and the hint.)

I have lots of stuff in inventory... a ladder... a knife... night vision goggles (yes I already used them)... ummmm oh an extension cord...

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 23, 12 12:12 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh that means you still have a lot of gameplay ahead of you! Have any new locations opened op on the map recently? If you have the ladder and the extension cord it means you still have to do the pharmacy/doctor's office downtown for example. I'd go downtown and see what's happening there.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 12:27 AM
Ok I'll go back downtown and try that. I don't have any new locations that I haven't been to so I'm clearly missing something. I wish we could page through the SG to find our spot... I'm not a fan of the pictures without text anyway but at least if it worked right it wouldn't be so bad. I hate the wandering lost with no clue feeling. Seems like I'm missing something simple because, honestly, the game has been so easy until now... it's just so strange. If the game would give me one little hint it would be nice.

But as long as Snape to my rescue...

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 12:56 AM
Ok tried downtown... I have the key in the car and push the gas but get the message "I'm not driving in by myself I need help"... can't zoom into either the doctor's office or the pharmacy to try using the ladder and just get the clunking sound when I try.

I went back to the warden's office as directed by the SG and hint "just in case" and when I click hint there it circles on the typewriter. But nothing I try to do with the typewriter seems to have any effect and as I mentioned the shelf has already been put back as it was (and the drawing matched up).

This is seriously becoming un-fun.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 23, 12 1:07 AM
Have you found all items that Cassandra asks you for in the locations you've been? If the hint button circles in on the typewriter it means there's something there you still need to find, though I can't think off the top of my head what it could be.

And did you find all the spirit drawings she's given you so far? At some point, after you've returned another set of drawings, you should be able to go back to the car and zoom in on the doctor's office to find a bag of sand or garbage (don't remember - big bag anyway) that you can use to push down the accelerator in the car after you've replaced the wheel and filled the petrol tank.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 1:18 AM
Yeah returned all the drawings to her and was told to go downtown. But when I went downtown didn't seem able to do anything. Funniest thing though... I totally exited out of the game and went back in thinking maybe there was a glitch and now my SG says 47% instead of 37%... even though I didn't do anything and the pictures are exactly the same. So strange. Oh and yes, I found all the hidden objects... don't have any left in the list to find. Yeah I've replaced the wheel and filled the gas tank and started the car, I just can't zoom in to find a bag.

Maybe it's bedtime and Cassandra will visit my dreams and tell me the answer...

Thanks for all the help though... I appreciate it!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 23, 12 3:56 AM
Ok this is funny. I finally decided I'd try going back to Cassandra and for some reason this time it "took"... even though I couldn't get in to see her when I went back to downtown this time I could zoom in.

HOWEVER in the bizzaro-world that is my version of the game I am now at 59% complete and the SG STILL shows the picture of the shelf with the fan... I kind of wish I'd taken screenshots of it all along so I could send it to big fish and show them the "stuck" SG with the moving percentage. So funny... maybe it's the ghosts...

Go to: