bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Finders Keepers Christmas

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Finders Keepers Christmas ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Finders Keepers Christmas page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Finders Keepers Christmas

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 23, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Nov 23, 12 6:39 AM
Graphics is ok, but its more difficult to play thru, compared to the 1st series. By level 3 I died 3x until the configuration was "better" and I managed to win that level. Not so fun, but die hard fans can consider using free stamp

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Nov 23, 12 11:27 AM
It's a cute game - cute concept and a few original things from the other similar games - like feeding cookies to the kids. There are challenges in being quick and avoiding things and it does require some strategy. There are 3 levels of difficulty. I played on the easiest as you have to start there and I could play straight through getting the required scores - I think it was only one level I had to play it twice.

However, I finished the game with 11 minutes remaining of my demo hour ... so I don't think I'm going to spend any money on a game that is less than 50 minutes long for the full game.

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Dec 2, 12 12:37 PM
Didn't like this game at all

Poor graphics, poor gameplay, poor everything.

[Post New]by Lene716 on Dec 23, 12 4:01 PM
You need more levels for the price. I don't belong to the Big Fish Club, so the game cost $9.00. I have the original game.....there are seven levels to that game and about seven or 8 games to each level, the graphics are better, so build up on this game.
Not crazy about the elves level. Can't imagine the more difficult level for the elves. But most of all, need many more levels.

[Post New]by Aphelia88 on Dec 23, 13 5:15 PM
I just finished playing through the Trial Version and I agree with Lene and Janette - the game is too short! I had 16 minutes left on my version, and I was playing at a normal, relaxed pace.

But this is a really cute game, and lots fun for the festive season! I do recommend trying the free online version first, and if you like the gameplay, try the trial before considering buying The original game is a better investment for all-season gameplay and it has great replay value, so you might want to buy that instead

The gameplay is very much like the original Finders Keepers, only there is no Two Player option. Instead of gems, Floyd and Goldie the Cat hunt down Christmas cookies, which are "fed" to the children at the end of each level. The cookies are pink, green, yellow, blue and brown, with a white cookie created from Peppermints if you buy the conversion cookbook on a level.

There are lots of extras and upgrades which make playing more fun, and the options vary randomly. My favourites were Spinach (Strength), Cable (strong cord) and Clock (extra time). There are also three claws to buy - a Push Claw, a Vacuum Claw and a Peppermint Claw. I tried all three but stuck with the basic claw until the very last levels where the Push Claw is very useful.

There are three levels of play - Normal, Hard and then Master (which is locked until you finish the game in Hard mode). I played in Normal. More points are awarded for difficulty.

There are four areas of play: Peppermint Tundra, Ice Floe, Elf Valley and Twilight Valley. The first two were my favourites, and the last two were a lot harder than I expected! Elf Valley is populated with evil cookie-switching and cookie-crushing elves, and Twilight Valley has those plus even eviler electric-elves and bomb-throwing elves (not so cute for young kids).

In "Finders", you play through these four areas. This unlocks "Keepers" - like in the original game - where you can select the levels you want to play, so you can omit any you don't like. The screens change so you aren't playing the same scenario over again, which is a great feature and gives seasonal replay value!

Finishing "Finders" also unlocks a bonus game, "Santa", which I didn't enjoy at all. Santa drops presents and coals to nice or naughty children from his sleigh. The controls were awkward and the bonus game was very disappointing.

All in all, this is a fun festive version of the great original game for all ages! But far too short

Edited on 12/23/2013 at 5:17:24 PM PST

Go to: