bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 22, 17 12:22 PM
Hello swedane and mysteryaffician,

Thank you both for taking the time to report issues being seen in the iOS version of Midnight Castle. I'd like to try to help out if I can as well as provide how to reach our Support Team for more assistance.

mysteryafficiana, I'm sorry to hear that the items needed do not seem to be dropping. If there are multiple quests or tasks to complete that require items from the same location, the game will default to the item that was necessary for the first accepted quest of the list of quests that location helps provide items for. After that quest is completed, the game will move to the next item. This might be why the item that is wanted isn't dropping, and I recommend completing the task or quest with the items that have been obtained as this should allow progression towards a new quest to begin.

If after clearing a few quests, the items you need to create the right crafted items does not drop, then I recommend contacting our Support Team using the steps provided below.

swedane, this sounds like a display issue and I'm sorry it impedes play. Since it sounds like the gold coin pile is still there on the screen, even after closing the game completely down and reopening it, we would definitely like to know more about this particular issue. I recommend using the steps provided below to contact our Support Team with a screenshot.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps for taking a screenshot:

Taking a Screenshot

For players that need additional assistance outside of our Help Pages, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID. Our Reps are always happy to provide help and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

I know most players know how to find their in-game ID for our games, but for players that are unsure, the following page contains a guide for finding an in-game ID for most of our games:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please PM any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Feb 23, 17 1:34 AM
Hello bfgIlinalta,

Thanks so much for your quick reply! The gold coin pile has disappeared! Wondering if it was due to installing the next chapter? Anyway, it's thankfully gone. Also thanks for your link to: Taking a Screenshot. Still learning my way around iPad and the games one can play on it!

Have a great weekend!

Edited on 02/23/2017 at 1:36:46 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 23, 17 6:38 AM
Hi swedane,

Thank you for replying to bfgIlinalta. I'm glad to hear that the display issue has resolved itself. It is possible that certain aspects of the game didn't fully update with the latest installment of Midnight Castle. If you were able to provide a screenshot of that issue before it resolved, feel free to provide that to our Support Team as bfgIlinalta mentioned. The support team has the tools to provide this information to the appropriate teams for further investigation. If you continue to have issues on your iOS device, the following help article is specific to this system:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Feb 23, 17 2:52 PM
Hi bfgBellerophon,

By the time I learned how to take a screen shot, the problem had resolved itself!
Until next time??

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Unable to access friends

[Post New]by Skdu on Feb 24, 17 11:04 AM
I am playing on iPad. I can see my friends' list , but cannot send a gift. When I try to access a private room... I get a message that 'my friend doesn't have a private room yet'..... this is for friends that I have been exchanging gifts with for months....

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Feb 24, 17 11:38 AM
I have the same issue as Skdu. Please mods could you look into this for iOS players?

Hilltop83
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Unable to access friends

[Post New]by Hilltop83 on Feb 24, 17 11:55 AM
Skdu wrote:I am playing on iPad. I can see my friends' list , but cannot send a gift. When I try to access a private room... I get a message that 'my friend doesn't have a private room yet'..... this is for friends that I have been exchanging gifts with for months....

Me too!

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Feb 24, 17 12:07 PM
Another iPad player that cannot gift or access private rooms.!,

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Feb 24, 17 12:30 PM
Same here. Can't gift but I can get to the private rooms

i2354287

[Post New]by Connie6143 on Feb 24, 17 1:14 PM
Me too. Ipad player. Can't send gifts to my friends. Please help! I gotta help my friends!!!
:0)

[Post New]by Connie6143 on Feb 24, 17 1:16 PM
Oh, and I can't access my friends' private rooms either, except Just John.

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Feb 24, 17 1:41 PM
Same here! Just checked again and one friend has a gift list, all the others are blank.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Feb 24, 17 1:58 PM
I just checked again, and 5 friend's lists were there, so I quickly sent off gifts, checked in the private rooms and can't access them. Went back to friend list and all the arrows were gone again!!
But at least I was able to gift 5
Hopefully they are working on this

[Post New]by Suzjcuk on Feb 24, 17 2:07 PM
Have same issue with wish list disappearing and of 11 pages of friends could only see 6 friends who I could gift. The others I could not access. I can also only access John's private room, all others are unavailable. Hope this gets resolved quickly

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 24, 17 2:21 PM
Out of 87 friends, only 9 have wish lists, & some of those 9 I know are on break.
I also cannot access my friends' private rooms, except John. After getting stuck with "please wait", I get the message "your friend does not have a private room yet", even though they definitely do.
And it looks like the last 3 gifts I accepted didn't make it into my inventory.
On iOS, version 10.2.1, iPhone SE, Druid

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 5:26:32 AM PST

Mshubin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mshubin on Feb 24, 17 3:22 PM
I1594621 I can't give friends gifts none of them have private rooms.

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Feb 24, 17 3:44 PM
Unable to gift my friends. No arrows.
I'm i2010690

[Post New]by huskyandpittmom on Feb 24, 17 4:01 PM
i am also unable to gift friends. sorry to all IOS friends of lisa Husky&PitMom.
Please fix i like to help my friends

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 24, 17 4:10 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing these problems in the game, and I want to thank everyone who's taken the time to report the issues in this thread.

I've checked in with the Midnight Castle team about this, and they're aware that some players have been unable to visit friend's private rooms or send them gifts. All of our teams here absolutely want people to be enjoying the game, and they're in the process of looking into this.

Because of the number of variables that can go into technical investigations, the Forum Moderation Team generally doesn't receive information regarding their statuses. However, I want to assure everyone here that we've made sure to pass along the posts in this thread, and we'll be updating the forums if we receive any new details.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience, and I hope that this information has been able to help.

bfgPanthalassa

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by lizziefin on Feb 24, 17 4:16 PM
Just in case there's strength in numbers, I also have friends with no turn arrows to enable gifting and private rooms are not appearing.

Go to: