bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Nov 25, 12 4:35 AM
I “dropped" the second stag eye when I went to put it in and now it is missing from my inventory. I can’t go back to the stag, either. What happened to the eye?

sw0p
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Technical disaster in viewing and screen

[Post New]by sw0p on Nov 25, 12 4:45 AM
Opening the game did not give full screen mode but next to the screen a flickering screen. Also I had to put the cursor 2 centimeters above what I wanted to do.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 5:30 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems the game is causing!

eskimo1203 - In cases like this it often helps to uninstall and reinstall your game as this should get all files back into their right place.

sw0p - Display issues like you are experiencing them are often connected to the software on your computer needing a bit of updating. You can find some steps on how to get your machine up to date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Nov 25, 12 12:05 PM
When I go to use the amulet to get into the church crypt, the screen goes black and there is an access violation code that appears. I can only close out of the game in the task manager and cannot go any further.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 25, 12 12:48 PM
Hi LKlimo,

From what you described, the information in the help articles below may help get everything running properly again:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation Errors

If you try those troubleshooting steps and are still having trouble, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve in to how the game is running on your particular computer and work with you directly to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

littlefawn99
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by littlefawn99 on Nov 25, 12 3:11 PM
When I installed the game it already said that the trial expired.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 25, 12 4:25 PM
Hi littlefawn99,

When this sort of thing happens, it means there was a little hiccup when the game downloaded originally. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version again as that will usually get everything straightened out with the timer. We go over that process in our help article here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 26, 12 1:00 AM
Trying to play this on my Mac running Mountain lion. Latest version of iOS X.
Just get a quarter screen box, and need to put cursor well above exit just to get out of it.
Have reinstalled and same issue.
My W7 PC away for repair...so I'm stuffed on this game :-((

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 3:10 AM
Heya belamba,

I'm sorry to hear about the display issues you are having on your Mac! It could help to make sure that you have all the latest updates installed, especially for Adobe Flash and Shockwave. You can find steps for how to do that on a Mac here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Nov 26, 12 6:22 AM
and yet more issues with BF games. I am really so over this stuff. I have reached the Bonus level and EVERY time I click on HINT it says: "YOU HAVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE" I tried 5x to get into the cemetary to get more artifacts but every time I go through the gate, it brings me back to the church. gahhhh!!

The main reason I don't mind spending $13.99 for a CE game is because I feel with the BONUS Game, it's worth it but not when I can't complete it. Now what? Am I supposed to just stop playing the bonus game and chalk it up?

Really fed up!!

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Nov 26, 12 7:49 AM
Is there no custom cursor?

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Nov 26, 12 7:51 AM
jdelbove wrote:and yet more issues with BF games. I am really so over this stuff. I have reached the Bonus level and EVERY time I click on HINT it says: "YOU HAVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE" I tried 5x to get into the cemetary to get more artifacts but every time I go through the gate, it brings me back to the church. gahhhh!!

The main reason I don't mind spending $13.99 for a CE game is because I feel with the BONUS Game, it's worth it but not when I can't complete it. Now what? Am I supposed to just stop playing the bonus game and chalk it up?

Really fed up!!

Hi Jdelbove,

Thanks for buying The Beast of Lycan Isle.

Hopefully this will help (SPOILER ALERT)

"YOU HAVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE" is actually a clue meant to lead you to the grave yard by the church. It is here that you will find one of the many artifacts to return to the museum. This will allow access to the main extra game play of the CE. We added cryptic clues in the CE content to make it a bit more of a challenge. Truly sorry if you found this frustrating. Hope this will allow you to keep playing.

Cheers

Willie

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 8:11:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Sylvilou on Nov 26, 12 3:12 PM
Willie, you didn't read properly what jdelbove wrote. He says: "I tried 5x to get into the cemetary to get more artifacts but every time I go through the gate, it brings me back to the church." I have the same problem. How do you solve it?

[Post New]by jllangsett on Nov 26, 12 5:25 PM
i got to the door to the gravyard where you push the three stones . the stones won't push and i cant skip puzzle????

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Nov 26, 12 5:47 PM
Sylvilou wrote:Willie, you didn't read properly what jdelbove wrote. He says: "I tried 5x to get into the cemetary to get more artifacts but every time I go through the gate, it brings me back to the church." I have the same problem. How do you solve it?

Thanks for pointing that out jllangsett.

I see the confusion now. When you are in the graveyard you are looking toward the gate. When you leave the gate you are on the other side looking toward the church. At that point you can back up the way you arrived the first time to the church.

Hope this helps.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 27, 12 2:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

LaDeeDah, as mentioned by Valdy in her review:
There is no choice of a cursor.

jllangsett, what does the Hint button shows you when trying to push the three stones?

Thanks EOTD for helping the Fishies out!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 2:18:28 AM PST

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Nov 27, 12 5:09 AM
Thanks Willie for trying to clarify and even though I suspected the HINT was a clue because the word grave was capitalized, I still cannot get through the gates. It brings me right back to the left side of the front of the church with nowhere to go from there.
If there is something else I should be doing, please let me know. Otherwise, this game is a wash for me and I am going to request a refund or credit.

Regards~~JoAnne

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 5:10:31 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 28, 12 6:46 AM
Heya jdelbove,

Sorry to hear that you still can't get through the gates.

If the description EOTD left doesn't help, you could also try to give your game a quick uninstall and reinstall as this will make sure that all files are in their proper place.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 5:48:53 AM PST

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Dec 15, 12 6:38 PM
After I left the old lady's house to go fix the statue the screen went blank and I could not go any further. Still have 14 min to go. I started to like this game and would have bought-but will not do it now.

Go to: