bfgBiwa
3,458 Posts

Post any Strike Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Strike Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 26, 12 10:42 AM
Well, I wanted to try the game out, but for some reason none of the buttons after the first click will work, I can hit play, but it won't let me get past the mode screen, I can go into options, but not close the window, I can go into trophies, and not be able to close the window.

Going to try some compatibility settings, but past that I think i'll pass on it, because I have my computer updated fully, and I don't think it's anything tech support would be easily able to fix without making me jump through hoops i'm not in the mood to jump through again.

Edit: Did let CS know about my problems.

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 11:17:08 AM PST

Dialogue
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 26, 12 12:08 PM
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Well, I wanted to try the game out, but for some reason none of the buttons after the first click will work, I can hit play, but it won't let me get past the mode screen, I can go into options, but not close the window, I can go into trophies, and not be able to close the window.

I had the same thing happen in different areas of the game on my computer. I couldn't get out of the help screen without a reboot but after awhile the other screens changed.

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 12:09:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 26, 12 12:44 PM
Dialogue wrote:
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Well, I wanted to try the game out, but for some reason none of the buttons after the first click will work, I can hit play, but it won't let me get past the mode screen, I can go into options, but not close the window, I can go into trophies, and not be able to close the window.

I had the same thing happen in different areas of the game on my computer. I couldn't get out of the help screen without a reboot but after awhile the other screens changed.

Ironically I redownloaded it after updating flash and shockwave via IE, which i had a while back but i guess a nwe one must have come out within the past 2 weeks, as now the game's working for me.

Dialogue
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 26, 12 5:17 PM
Thanks Spirit_of_Auron. Although I have recently updated Adobe Shockwave and Flash players I will do so again. The updates might work for me too.

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Nov 26, 12 7:56 PM
Same problems as Spirit. Have decided it's not worth the time it takes to update, as I want to play a game NOW, not wait. So I am moving on to something else!

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 26, 12 8:16 PM
Dialogue wrote:Thanks Spirit_of_Auron. Although I have recently updated Adobe Shockwave and Flash players I will do so again. The updates might work for me too.

Yeah i had recently to, just did it via IE this time instead of Firefox like I normally do since they always say the manager uses IE.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,518 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 26, 12 10:17 PM
i was able to play for about 20 minutes and then game froze i ended up bringing up task manager and then went back in the game played a few more minutes and froze again.

game not worth trying to figure out why as i have already updated computer late last week.

bfgTokoro
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 27, 12 1:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry that you're having those troubles with the game.

As mentioned by Spirit_of_Auron, it's a good idea to make sure that Internet Explorer version is up to date as it is the back bone of our Game Manager. Updating the graphic softwares Adobe Shockwave and Flash players is also very helpful.

You can check more details about these updates here.

If none of these tips is helping to improve the game performances, the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,859 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 27, 12 11:10 AM
I didn't see anywhere were Spirit_of_Auron said she updated her IE. She used it instead of FF.

Anyway, all my stuff is updated, and I see that I am not the only one whose game froze. Mine did it in the third frame of the first match. I played, minded my own business, when zap, the game froze. Had to exit via Task Manager.

I would strongly suggest the developers have another look at the game - seeing that there are several people (I am sure it would have been more people if more people had tried this game and bought it) are having this issue.

Strangely enough, when I played the demo yesterday the game did not freeze on me - I was quite far ahead before I stopped to buy it.

Anyway... it would be a good idea to learn from past experiences, namely from the Solitaire game "The Chronicles of Emerald Solitaire". People kept saying (me included) that the game froze whenever you stopped playing for a minute or two.

And didn't we all get the usual "update this and that, and if it doesn't help, contact CS" posts. And what happened? In the end, the developers took another look at the game, fixed whatever needed fixing, and brought out a new version. And voila... no more freezing.

Just wanted to add that when I went back into the game, and replayed that frame, everything was OK. Didn't freeze this time round. I am sure there must be a glitch or two that freezes the game from time to time.

More ETA: OK, the game froze again, this time in frame 7. I have noticed that each time the game froze (twice so far) was when a word came up: "Bonus" or "Strike". And that's when the game froze right after. Just thought I'd mention it, in case the developers are reading this.

--- --- ---

When I get back into the game, I can contine with it. I will just have to repeat the frame I was playing. No big deal. But it would be nice if something could be done so that it doesn't happen. It is interrupting the fun of the game.

--- --- ---

OK, paid attention with the words that came up when it froze a third time. It was "Immediate Strike" that caused the game to freeze. It never freezes when I remove the cards, only the odd time when words like that come up.

--- --- ---

Additional: OK, I made it through the first match and no other freezes appeared after the last one, which was in frame 7 (there are 10 in all in 1 match).

So hopefully, the game has stopped mucking about and I can continue to enjoy this really lovely Solitaire game.

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 1:44:29 PM PST

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Nov 27, 12 10:11 PM
my game started off with music skipping and freezing but game played ok. then about 5 minutes into the game it just flashed and said i won the round and came to the next game of placed cards. about 10 minutes into the game it just froze completely and i had to turn the tower off to gain control. i don't need this game and won't waste time on those that don't play when released.

bfgBiwa
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 28, 12 6:30 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry about the freezing issues you are seeing with the game. I know how frustrating it can be when you just got into the game and are enjoying yourself.

As it isn't always easy to find out what exactly is causing an issues, simple steps like uninstalling and reinstalling your game and updating your drivers are always good first steps to make sure that everything on your computer is up to date.

If this doesn't help though, our Tech Support Team would definitely be happy to look at this though. They don't just check if the error is caused by your computer either! With the help of our Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report they try to look behind the problem to see if maybe it's an error in the game. We can then forward these information to the developer to take care of a fix for you.

So if you have tried the steps mentioned above and still see your game freezing, contacting them would definitely be a great help and could speed up a possible fix!

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 5:52:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 28, 12 8:33 AM
Just saying it here to clarify, I didn't update my IE browser version, I just downloaded flash and shockwave through IE instead of Firefox, and redownloaded the game. I just more meant that i thought my problems might have involved needing the latest of flash(though thought I had it) and shockwave, but thought it might have been in my personal case a need of needing it to do it through IE instead of FF, since CS told me before that because the manager uses IE, it ignores what version FF uses and only uses the version IE has.

anyways I haven't had any further problems, but i Haven't played more since I got it to work, though I had an immediate strike and no freeze myself.

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 28, 12 9:39 AM
Thanks for that clarification Spirit_of_Auron for those other Fishies! It's definitely possible that updating Flash and Shockwave through either Firefox or Internet Explorer helps to get the game running better.

I've included a link here that has instructions for updating Adobe Flash and Shockwave. It also has some other suggested updates that may help as well.

If there are any further issues, though, please be sure to contact Tech Support so they can help! The more people that write in the more they'll be able to figure out about those issues.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

qtpi1203
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Freezing issues

[Post New]by qtpi1203 on Jan 6, 13 8:10 AM
I too played the demo before deciding to buy and had no issues. After buying the freezing started. The music skips and like another fishie stated when words come up like Strike or +900 it freezes right up and I have to use task manager to get out of the game. Am sorely dissappointed in this issue which obviously has been going on for some time and no one has fixed it.

Go to: