bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Strike Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Strike Solitaire? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Strike Solitaire page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 12:36:54 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Strike Solitaire

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 26, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 26, 12 4:43 AM
Hello fishies of Pondyland...

I see from the comments and reviews that this game is a HIT !! LOL

Well, I prefer solitaire games like Fairway, where you have to pick up a card that is 1 higher or 1 lower than the base card. But this game is not of that type.

Nevertheless... once you get into this game, it's not bad at all. I still don't quite know what all the little extras are about, but the basics are that from the hand, you have to pick 2 cards that have the same ranks, regardless of the suit. For example, you have to pick 2 Queens or 2 Fives, etc, and it doesn't matter whether it's a blue or a red card.
When there are no doubles left, you click on the deck and 2 cards will pop up, which you can use to get rid of a card in the hand.

You will earn money, with which you can go to the shop and buy "Shuffles", to put all the cards back in the deck and deal new cards.

Or you can buy a "Joker" that, when used, changes any open card into a joker, and can be removed with any other card.

Or you can buy an "Additional Card Slot". This enables an additional maneuver to gain a higher score.

There are also 24 trophies to be won.

You can play the game in "Junior" or "Profis" mode. The Junior Club mode allows you to replay any frame, but with the Profis Club mode you can only replay the whole match. There are 6 matches in all, each one has 10 frames. So that means that you get to play 60 games. Not the longest Solitaire game, but still...

You have a choice of Game or System cursor.

You can choose between 3 different card fronts and 12 different card backs.

--- --- ---

I quite like the colours and the graphics are nice too. I am not sure whether I want to get this game, because even though there is a "Help" section, I am still not quite sure about various things. Also, I can see myself getting a little bored with it very quickly, because apart from having to remove all the gold-coloured cards from the table, there doesn't seem to be anything else to do to win a round or rather win a match - unless I am missing something.

Edited for spelling

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 7:15:08 AM PST

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Nov 26, 12 6:38 AM
OMG...what a awful game............definate NO BUY..........it's awful

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 26, 12 7:17 AM
Just to add to Valdy's excellent review.

In the junior section there are 12 games to play, you need to press the arrow on the right of the first 6, to see the 2nd set of 6. The same for the profis mode, making 240 games in total.
It is a matching pairs game and I discovered that every frame can be replayed in both modes but you cannot choose particular frames in the profis mode, only to replay the one that you have just completed.
Nice game for pottering in, when I am not in the mood for a deep and interesting ihog or adventure hog. LOL!
Worth at least trying the demo.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 26, 12 8:10 AM
peglegann wrote:Just to add to Valdy's excellent review.

In the junior section there are 12 games to play, you need to press the arrow on the right of the first 6, to see the 2nd set of 6. The same for the profis mode, making 240 games in total.
It is a matching pairs game and I discovered that every frame can be replayed in both modes but you cannot choose particular frames in the profis mode, only to replay the one that you have just completed.
Nice game for pottering in, when I am not in the mood for a deep and interesting ihog or adventure hog. LOL!
Worth at least trying the demo.

Oh... thank you very much for that info, Ann. I didn't know that there were more matches than the 6 I saw on the screen.

I think I will get this game with a PCC. It kind of grows on you, after you have played it a while. And I do love Solitaire game that are a little different from those like Klondike.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Nov 26, 12 10:16 AM
Others have explained how the game works better than I can. I appreciate their comments that led me to try it.

I played 40 minutes of the demo and it was okay. I have to give credit for someone to think this game up but many things happened that I didn't understand. Many times the game would say I got a strike in the middle of play and it left me wondering what happened. I've got a cold and may not be using all my mental powers. I have been playing on a laptop and I think the game would be easier with a mouse. I often turned cards without meaning to.

I'll let hubby give it a try and if he likes it I'll get it.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 26, 12 12:00 PM
PurrrThang. I have to give credit for someone to think this game up but many things happened that I didn't understand. Many times the game would say I got a strike in the middle of play and it left me wondering what happened. [/quote wrote:

PurrrThang,

I didn't understand how I was getting strikes either until I read the Help section. The player gets a strike when all the bright yellow cards are gone. If it takes two tries to get rid of all the yellow cards (I think they call them bonus cards) you get a spare. I really enjoyed the game but from time to time the game would lock up. I had to reboot my computer once when this happened. I like the game and would buy it if this intermittent problem did not occur. Since no one else has written about this, I assume that there is something about my computer that is causing the freezing.

I rate this game and a . The game is not fun if it keeps freezing.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 26, 12 2:51 PM
Not a bad game.. It kept my interest until time was up. First I didn't know what the heck I was doing, but as game went on, I figured it out. Hate to pay $6.99 for a Solitaire game..

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 26, 12 3:14 PM
I like this game. It is relaxing and the graphics are good. I did find the tutorial somewhat intrusive because I wanted to play but had to follow the arrows first.
I am also very pleased there isn't a stupid beaver/gopher snickering and laughing maniacally.

I will buy this.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Nov 26, 12 4:16 PM
Nobody has mentioned the music yet. I really loved the music and found it very relaxing. The game itself was just okay. There is some strategy involved as you need to uncover the gold cards so that you can get your strike. There are certain cards that are not on top of other cards that can be saved and used at the last when you need to get to the gold cards. Well, that wasn't very clear, but just let me say that I enjoyed the game and MIGHT purchase it if it became a daily deal, but not at full price.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Homboyx on Nov 26, 12 7:29 PM

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 1:54:36 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 27, 12 9:52 AM
this game seems to be fun, we recommend it to all card game lovers.------------------------------------doug & lisa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 27, 12 11:17 AM
After buying the game, I started over and paid more attention to the tutorial, and what with I already knew from yesterday when I played the demo, I now understood the game far better than I did before.

And I am happy to say that I enjoy the game. It's a challenge in itself (and the only one in the game, from what I can see) to make sure you get all the gold cards off the table.

Too bad the game froze on me when I played the second frame just now. Didn't happen in the demo. However, when I went back into the game and started that frame again, it was OK. So, fingers xxx

ETA: So far, so good. No more freezing for now. I really love this game, now that I understand the rules better. LOL It seemed like a dull game to begin with, but once I got into it, it started to grow on me. Quite addictive, actually. But... it would have been nice if there had been an "Undo" button. Sometimes I choose a card, and then realise that another one would have been better.

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 12:19:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 27, 12 2:52 PM
Maybe as a daily deal, but not for 6.99

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Nov 27, 12 10:25 PM
I tried this game and find it quite enjoyable. It is different and good for times when you only have a short time period to play and want to take a break from things or games requiring more brain power.

Valdy, I agree with you about the undo button, but I did realize that if I chose the wrong card by mistake, just click on another card that won't make a pair with your card. This voids your first selection. However, if you select a pair and then realize you made a mistake, you are SOL which is why an undo button would be nice particularly on the easy difficulty level.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 28, 12 12:54 AM
Delta77 wrote:Valdy, I agree with you about the undo button, but I did realize that if I chose the wrong card by mistake, just click on another card that won't make a pair with your card. This voids your first selection. However, if you select a pair and then realize you made a mistake, you are SOL which is why an undo button would be nice particularly on the easy difficulty level.

Hi Delta

What I meant was that I had already picked 2 cards and they were already gone. Also, and I do this far more often, is that sometimes I click too fast on the deck and the cards move twice to the open at the right, so I am missing the last set, which I can get hold of again, if I happen to use those 2 cards that are on top of those I missed, but more often than not those were the cards I needed at the time. LOL

But never mind. I like the fact that if I don't get all the gold cards, I can just go back and replay that hand as often as I like. It saves me $5000 each time I don't use the "Shuffle" button.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by MsHamster on Nov 28, 12 7:45 PM
First off, I enjoyed the demo. BUT - this is a no buy for me ....

[Removed by Moderator]

I agree that an undo option would be nice to have - there were a couple of times that I could have used it

I probably should have paid a little more attention to the tutorial hints - but eventually figured out how the items in the shop worked and also that the gold cards were the "pins"

I enjoyed the overall theme of the game and would have liked to see if there was more to it then just the bowling game but matching pairs is not a game I get too excited about - much prefer the "golf" solitaire games such as Fairway

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 2:22:26 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 29, 12 1:13 AM
Hello Ms Hamster...

I had no idea that the gold cards were the pins. I don't think that was explained. The tutorial only said that you get a point for each gold card you take off the table.

I do wish the turorial (and the "Help" section) had been more extensive. I am still in the dark of why I get certain strikes, and why peeps clap for me when I get a certain hand, but don't clap when I get all the cards off the table.

Edited on 11/30/2012 at 1:14:30 AM PST

jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Nov 29, 12 10:43 AM
I played 35 minutes. That was the time it took me to play the first Junior game. I didn't know what I was doing, but got mostly strikes.

I love solitaire games. I've been playing alot of Fairway. This will be a nice break from that game. I don't mind buying solitaire games because they have great replay value.

Go to: