bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 26, 12 5:11 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

Re:Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by pjmatt on Nov 27, 12 9:17 AM
Thank You for the fix

[Post New]by Firthheart on Nov 30, 12 7:50 AM
What fix? How did you get it? I'm having the same problem--the boat scene keeps freezing. Thanks!

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 30, 12 7:57 AM
What about the audio. Has it also been fixed?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 30, 12 10:05 AM
Hey Fishies!

Just swimming through and thought I'd stop by!

Firthheart: An update for the game that fixes the freeze at the yacht was released a few days ago. To get that update just uninstall and reinstall the game! (Click on the blue text if you'd like to see some specific instructions.)

Butterflyshrimp: While the fix didn't specifically address audio issues it's definitely possible that uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get that update may help.

If the yacht is still freezing or the audio is still not working correctly please contact Tech Support. They have the resources to really dive in and figure out what may be causing those issues.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/30/2012 at 10:08:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Firthheart on Nov 30, 12 11:37 AM
Thank you, thank you! I'm back to the game!

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Dec 1, 12 3:00 AM
Well I didn't install this game until after the fix and initially the sound did not work. So I reinstalled the latest version of the C++ for my system and the sound worked but I didn't have time to play for long. Just opened it now and again the sound does not work. Doesn't really matter to me but I thought you should know it is still an issue.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Dec 1, 12 4:56 AM
i didnt have problems, maybe not yet, but when i started playing the game from where i left off it got frustratingly slow.

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Dec 1, 12 5:23 AM
quynne77 wrote:Well I didn't install this game until after the fix and initially the sound did not work. So I reinstalled the latest version of the C++ for my system and the sound worked but I didn't have time to play for long. Just opened it now and again the sound does not work. Doesn't really matter to me but I thought you should know it is still an issue.

I also still don't have sound when returning to game. Did a Dr. Felix previously and installed the update, just reporting to keep those working on this updated on the sound problem. Not an issue for me, either, just wanted you to know.

Thanks for the fixes and working on this great game!

[Post New]by bluedog1 on Dec 1, 12 7:45 AM
no sound. had it and it stopped when ileft game and reopened it later. installed update. no sound. then uninstalled game and reinstalled- still no sound. on pc with vista.

granna2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by granna2 on Dec 1, 12 10:32 AM
WooHoo!! YAY!! Got to finish the game with no other probs after getting "THE FIX"!!
Thanx loads to all who worked on the issues.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 1, 12 12:14 PM
Hey there Fishies,

Sorry to hear about those sound issues. It's never fun when that happens.

If you haven't already I would definitely contact Tech Support and include a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help get those issues resolved.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 1, 12 1:00 PM
I still have no sound, either. I've tried re-installing both before and after the game was updated. I also tried adding the prompt and also ignoring the prompt and neither worked AND I send an e-mail with Dr. Felix to tech support. Now my trial has ended so how can I know if the sound has ever been fixed without purchasing the game? I'm still waiting.

Edited on 12/01/2012 at 1:00:50 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 22, 12 3:01 PM
Downloaded today and I have no sound. Took forever to download; so think I will just forget this one.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Dec 26, 12 5:17 AM
Don't know about the sound but I have a problem with the writing. It looks like gibberish and I cannot read it. Will try to re-install cause I like the looks of the game and was thinking of buying it.

sj139
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by sj139 on Jan 19, 13 7:05 AM
I have downloaded this game multiple times and still have no sound, any other suggestions. Please help.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 19, 13 10:35 AM
Thanks Fishies for letting us know that the sound still isn't working in the game.

If trying some of the tips and tricks from the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article don't help, please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix.

One of our Reps will work with you directly to try some additional troubleshooting steps and options for the game.To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thank you!

bfgIzara

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Jan 30, 13 10:46 PM
What the heck is a "key lock" that a prompter says I need BEFORE I can play this game! I've uninstalled the game and in the process of downloading this confounding game once again. Hope that's all the fix required. Otherwise its being trashed. Who has time for this kind of nonsense!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 3, 13 12:32 PM
Hi uglyteacup,

It sounds like the Game Manager may be prompting you for a key code before launching this game. This can happen when changes are made to the computer and the Game Manager doesn't recognize the exact same set-up as was in place when the game was originally purchased. This is a measure to protect against piracy.

Not to worry, though! Our Tech Support Team will be able to send that code to you and you'll be all set to play again from there.

Please contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by IvymoonCorvus on Feb 5, 13 3:23 PM
I don't think this has been posted before. I have hit a bug at the bottom of the stairs where the wolf puzzle is (wolf statue). I had to quit the app, and since going back into it, I can go back into the puzzle, but none of the puzzle parts will move.
Help!
Thanks

Go to: