[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 27, 12 1:29 AM
Any comments fishes?

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Todays DD November 27 2012

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 27, 12 10:36 AM
Not exactly a mind bender, but after a long day, so easy and relaxing ,no demons ,noise ,blood and miles of hidden passages ( all of which I love) but tonight , feet up ,laptop balanced, glass of wine, dark November evening ( No rain tonight! wow)
I am going to chill for a little over £2.00 thank you Devs and Big Fish.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 27, 12 2:32 PM
No walkthrough, comments about it being short AND it's both a DD and one of the weekend's 2.99 special. Looks like they are really trying to move this game.

Still i gave it the hour test drive but it's a no buy for me.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Nov 27, 12 7:41 PM
I didn't try this game until late in the evening because of all the poor reviews, and when I saw the substandard cut scene at the beginning, I exited the game. However, I did go back and I am glad that I did so. After hours upon end scouring the internet for gift ideas, deals and product reviews, I was so stressed and ready for a break. I really enjoyed this game!!!

I found the music relaxing and theme appropriate.

The graphics in the scenes were nicely drawn and clear.

The options include music, sound, fullscreen and cursor control.

There are two modes of play - casual and expert. You cannot change mid-game between the two modes of play.

I normally play in casual mode, but in this game, I must admit that I was annoyed by the bright magnifying glass, sparkles etc in every scene. I would advise playing in expert mode, as it is so much more enjoyable and there is still plenty of help offered.

There is a description of the task noted above regardless of mode of play. As the game progressed, I didn't find that too annoying ( as a usual "casual" mode player), as there was still plenty of browsing and guessing on the details. However, expert mode players may still find this an annoyance.

Hints: In casual mode, hints took approximately 45 secs to recharge, and were limitless.
In expert mode, hints took approx. 2 mins to recharge, and also limitless.
Hints also worked outside of the Hog scenes.

HOgs: There were only 5 "find items listed" HOgs in the entire game. Items were easy to find, and scenes were well drawn.

Puzzles: There are 27 puzzles in the game, including gears, pipes, jigsaw, piece together broken object, match 2, weights, repeat pattern etc. I found them to be very enjoyable, though not always easy.
Puzzles can be skipped. The skip button takes approx. 3 mins in casual mode and 5 mins in expert mode.

Note: There are some actions that are skippable, like a puzzle, but I wouldn't classify them as puzzles, more as interactions eg. cut something with a scissors, clean something with a cloth, use a key, distract an animal with something etc. There are 19 of these skippable simple interactions or tasks throughout the game.

Storyline: I enjoyed ready the story, and there was not too much to read...just a pleasant distraction.

The game took me approx. 2 hrs 45 mins to complete in expert mode.

Overall, this game improved as it progressed and I became involved in the story. Give it a try!

Go to: