jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Welcome to Waterscape Solitaire: American Falls forum

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Jun 2, 10 2:23 AM
I just trialled the game, I loved it and bought it. It is as mentioned elsewhere in the forum more a Mahjongg game than solitaire, but i like both types of games. It is excellent value as a Daily Deal. An interesting game and as a Bonus the beautiful scenery of American Waterfalls. It is a great game for people who love Solitaire and Mahjong games.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Jun 2, 10 8:19 AM
I bought the game some time back, love it! Beautiful scenes and a lot of information on the sights. Nice soothing music too.

[Post New]by FunkyFabFinds on Jun 2, 10 9:45 AM
Sweet!

Love the use of both traditional Mahjongg music with waterscape sounds, and that each feature's volume can be adjusted separately.

Graphics are rich, crisp and beautiful.

Am only a few hands in, but thus far gameplay is no-pressure, no-timer, match-the-cards with helpful powerups if needed.

Though game file is tiny by comparison to most nowadays, game development appears to be from skilled hands and thoughtful minds. A very nice package indeed.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 2, 10 10:46 AM
Hi Folks

Having NO idea what mahjongg is but as a nature lover, I was curious as to what everyone was talking about and WOW, to say that the scenery is beautiful with the accompanying soft (don't play when tired, it'll put you to sleep ) I played and bought this game -- it's still downloading while I write this.

I almost did NOT buy it because on the 2nd falls, I kept on getting stuck with no re-shuffle left and so had to start over again; after the 3rd restart, I told myself that there must be a trick to this and then I realized that I'd forgotten about the "free space" and did that and I don't remember (was already in the middle of Yosemite Falls -- where I've been SEVERAL times during ALL the seasons while living in the state of California-- when I was stopped and had to purchase) but I think I did have to do 1 re-shuffle and then was able to continue on and complete that stage/area falls of the game.

WELL worth the DD price and think even at full price it would be worth the

Happy June everyone -- new spending month !!

MEnr56

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 10:56:56 AM PST

[Post New]by FunkyFabFinds on Jun 2, 10 10:47 AM
Have now seen that game goes on auto-pause, covering game cards with a "resume" choice, when clicking anywhere else other than directly in the game.

As game is single-player only and there is no timer during regular gameplay (except during occasional bonus play), not sure why game should ever be paused and cards covered.

Main issue with pause feature is that the soothing, relaxing music stops completely when clicking anywhere outside the game. I'd very much like to continuing hearing the soft music while briefly checking an email or doing other tasks until I get back to the game.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Jun 2, 10 11:35 AM
Waterscape Solitaire: American Falls Review
WS:AF is a pretty stock card matching-type solitaire game with scenic backgrounds and relaxing flute music in the background.

The good:
No timers
Nice graphics
Inoffensive background music (I'm sure it must endlessly loop but, honestly, is relaxing enough it didn't bother me)
Has a 'parking space' for an unwanted card
Extensive tutorial
No custom cursor

The bad:
The number of cards left on the board at the end of the game figure heavily into the total score - those folks who like to clear all the cards are penalized for doing so

Not particularly challenging - the cards the player needs to collect are visible (and even have sparklies) from the beginning of the game

Collected powerups (undo, etc.) are not carried forward between levels

Does not appear to be any way to save a level in progress

Who will love this:
Folks looking to play a game to relax and destress
Folks who prefer a beautiful game

Who will hate this:
Folks looking for a challenging solitaIre game

Karolyneb's soapbox:
I'd recommend that even folks who prefer their solitaire games with a side of difficulty still check this one out to see if it is their cup of tea. After all, everyone has those days when they just need to get some of that stress out and sometimes, it is nice to do that without playing a FPS.

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jun 2, 10 11:56 AM
I finally had to give in and get this. I love waterfalls and I love the fact that I can make the game go away and just look at the picture of the waterfall on my screen. It's fun to play, too! But I'm one of those people who like to clear all the cards off the table and the goal is just the opposite. To remove the two target cards and leave as many cards on the table as you can. It sounds easy but as I got into higher levels, it was not easy!!!

It also has a reshuffle and an undo that you can earn in addition to the free space so it's nice to have those to work with, too.

I loved this game. It's a real bargain for $2.99............

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jun 2, 10 3:38 PM
Oh, my, what a zen game! Beautiful, relaxing music, gorgeous scenery and a card game to boot. A great game for when you want to chill out at the end of a long and stressful day.

Nana Loona

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 2, 10 10:21 PM
NanaLoona wrote:Oh, my, what a zen game! Beautiful, relaxing music, gorgeous scenery and a card game to boot. A great game for when you want to chill out at the end of a long and stressful day.

Nana Loona

By far one of the most beautiful solitaire games ever.
One of my favorite things were the beautiful quotes at the bottom of the page after each round.

By the way, the sparklies go away if you turn off "help" in options.
It also becomes more challenging as you move along.

Karolyneb, that was a wonderful review and please don't think I am denigrating it at all by saying, jeeze I miss poodlebear.

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 9:03:29 AM PST

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jun 8, 10 3:43 AM
Yet another for this relaxing game. No hidden objects to ruin your eyes searching for, no timer so no stress, gentle music if you like that kind of thing. I had to have this one.

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Sep 15, 10 10:57 AM
The scenery is beautiful and the cards are nice. The music is peaceful. But this is the easiest game of solitaire I have ever played. It's a match game with the cards. I was able to get up to 1/2 way through the 4th level on the trial. I won't be buying this one. I prefer Heartwild Solitaire I & II.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 16, 11 12:41 PM
scrpbkr wrote:The scenery is beautiful and the cards are nice. The music is peaceful. But this is the easiest game of solitaire I have ever played. It's a match game with the cards. I was able to get up to 1/2 way through the 4th level on the trial. I won't be buying this one. I prefer Heartwild Solitaire I & II.

It starts off easy but believe me by the time you're in the Southeast, you're starting to get VERY frustrated and I ended up on the last scene area, 2nd level of the Northeast area, using the SKIP button because I'd played it so many times but just could not seem to collect the right cards in the right order to be able to uncover the gold cards.

Have just finished this game and I the beautiful scenes and the quotes at the bottom of each finished gameplay.

MEnr56

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 12:43:44 PM PST

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

No Buy For Me

[Post New]by kklohr on Nov 7, 11 4:33 AM
First let me state that the pros are just what everyone else has described, primarily the scenery and the music. However my problem with this is the game itself. There was one screen on the second level where only 6 cards were turned up, which of course covered the rest of the playing field. None of these matched, nor were any of them wild cards. So I was forced to use a shuffle right off the bat. Now I had earned at least 3 shuffles in the first round, but I only had 1 shuffle at this point, and I only used 1 shuffle in the first round. So apparently the game resets your undos and shuffles each level.

Even after reshuffling the deck, the 1st time I did it, the cards that appeared didn't match up either! After restarting the round, I found that I was still stuck with the original cards, but when I reshuffled I finally got different ones. This is BS! That was a deal breaker for me.

out of 8.

Trial is better than purchase!

[Post New]by savedays on Jan 16, 12 10:36 PM
Very disappointed in this purchase. I tried writing a review, but they will not post it. The trial version gives you "Bonus Rounds," but they are not included when you purchase the game! The game will not save your levels, so unless you are committed to play for a serious length of time, you have to start all over at level One when you go back to the game.

I feel ripped-off, since the lack of bonus levels when you actually PURCHASE the game was not disclosed. And playing the trial version for one hour does not give you any indication that your levels will not be saved.

Go to: