Confused about this developer

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 30, 12 4:17 PM
I'll admit to some confusion here. I didn't recognize the developer's name but this *is* an ERS game, isn't it? Everything about it looks ERS, including the "Well done!"s whenever you pick something up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Confused about this developer

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 12 12:10 AM
Hi RenaissanceMom

If this had been an ERS game, you would have seen the name "ERS" and their "white rabbit" at the beginning of the game.
However, this, and the game before that, which was "Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor", are from a different developer whose name we are not allowed to give. But you will see the name come up at the beginning of the game.

Hope this helps.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 1, 12 12:27 AM
Hi there RenaissanceMom,
The developer of this game according to the credits at the start of the game is M a r i a g l o r i u m ( or something similar), They also did the Lockwood Manor game.
Cheers

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Dec 1, 12 3:04 AM
I know what you mean, RenaissanceMom,

it looks and feels like ERS indeed. I only did the trial hour but my impressions were similar.

This triggers one terrible question: Will we have more and more developers like ERS? Does an increasing number of games turn out tedious, pathetic, cheesy and simple?
Has you-know-who taken over at last?

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 1, 12 4:36 AM
banshee10 wrote:I know what you mean, RenaissanceMom,

it looks and feels like ERS indeed. I only did the trial hour but my impressions were similar.

This triggers one terrible question: Will we have more and more developers like ERS? Does an increasing number of games turn out tedious, pathetic, cheesy and simple?

Yawn...this triggers one enlightening answer... NO!

There are more then enough dev's out there to pick from so that all gamers needs are met
Freedom and tolerance of diversity for all gamers and devs allows for that

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Dec 1, 12 7:12 AM
Thanks for all the replies!
Yes I did see that other dev's name & logo come up but the artwork, style, everything about his game said ERS to me in bold capital letters. I was wondering if this was a sister offshoot or something.
banshee10 wrote:I know what you mean, RenaissanceMom,

LOL!

Edited on 12/01/2012 at 7:13:26 AM PST

Go to: