Achievements

[Post New]by Timsbabe7707 on Dec 1, 12 5:52 PM
Has anybody gotten the "Rat Catcher's Tale" achievement? I've played the game twice (missed a couple of dolls the first time), but I still didn't get this achievement.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Achievements

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 1, 12 6:24 PM
I've got all of them except the gold statue for no skip or hints in main game. I replayed the game to get it being very careful when I hit continue but I must have when clicking a scene accidentally hit it twice and then it skipped it?

I got that one both times- the rat's catcher tale but it was just a cutscene in the game can't remember exactly where (and I played it twice ) it happened but you didn't have to do anything for it. Sorry can't remember exactly when and where.

Sorry not much help, did you get the gold statue? Maybe I skipped the first main scene before the main menu came up to even click on play and that was it?

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Dec 2, 12 8:08 PM
I think there may be a bug with the achievments perhaps. The rat catcher's tale one should be an auto(Unless skipping the cutscenes voids it maybe?.)

I know I never used any hints or skips, only the strategy guide once or twice, and no gold statue for me.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 8:08:37 PM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Dec 2, 12 11:41 PM
There is definately a glitch in the Achievements. I did not use a hint nor did I skip any of the puzzles. I received both awards but did not receive the golden one at the end of the game.
Also, the rat catcher can be found in the dungeon where you need to pour the acid on the bars. Once you pick him up, you should get the story, etc.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 11:42:33 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 3, 12 8:17 AM
Ditto on no hints, no clues - and no statue

Elephant games has put out 2 or 3 other games with achievement glitches - but that was a while ago & it seemed they'd gotten on top of that! Maybe they were in a bit of a rush to get this one out for the Holidays??

Crossing my fins we get a patch to fix the corrupt data issue & that will fix achievements as well!!

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 12:52:15 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 3, 12 11:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that it looks like some of the Achievements aren't working correctly for you!

If it does seem like this is a glitch with the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, so they know to collect info about it and contact the game developer about getting it fixed. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Sunbonnet
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbonnet on Dec 8, 12 3:24 AM
How strange. I skipped the flag puzzle and the animal tile puzzle and at the end of the game I had a gold statue with big wings ("A Light in the Darkness" statue) that said it was for not skipping any puzzles! I also didn't get the rat catcher award even though I picked it up and saw the cut scene. Maybe there'll be a fix.

Edited on 12/08/2012 at 3:26:54 AM PST

[Post New]by mhgbear on Dec 11, 12 9:58 PM
I found 24 dolls but have no idea where the 25th is. I think I'm going to submit a tech support ticket. There may be a glitch where it told me that my profile was corrupted and all progress was lost, and it was! I was a crab, and really steamed! (I can hear the groans now!) I found the file(s) in question in the deep dark recesses of my hard drive and am backing them up each time I exit the game. Overkill, perhaps, but I am a professional computer geek, and I don't just cover my ****, I armor-plate it!

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Dec 13, 12 7:50 PM
Did you check back at the 1st scene, there was no doorman and a doll there instead. I was a fair way into the game when I found it. With regard to the achievements I managed to get the one for no skips when in fact I did skip two puzzles. The "flag" one and the "put all the colours into their slots" where I had to click on a one and it would move the outer ones around so I was surprised to get it until I read the forum and realised there must be a glitch. Not as frustrating as achieving something and not getting the award which has happened in other games.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 23, 12 3:35 AM
Oh Elephant Games why do you do this to me?! I absolutely adore all their games but this is the second game where I have tried to achieve all the awards and not been given them.

I have now played in all 3 modes (in case it was a glitch in a particular mode) and no gold statue .... and to add insult to injury, now I am not being given the 'Meet the Rat King' award either, which I did get the first play through!

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Dec 28, 12 11:04 AM
Ok I see I'm not alone in this glitch. I did not get the gold statue for not using skips or hints either. I am 100% sure I didn't even accidentally use them and since several of us are reporting it there must be a glitch there. Bummer, the achievements are fun to work on and often the reason (or at least in part) why some of us like CEs.

Lotus256
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Lotus256 on May 25, 13 10:28 AM
There is definitely a glitch in the game. I have played in all three modes and didn't get the gold statue. I did get all the other achievements.

I sent an Email to Customer Support on the Elephant Games website. They said sorry to hear you have a bug in the game, but contact Big Fish Games customer Support. Hopefully Big Fish might get them to create a fix.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 10, 13 4:27 PM
So may I assume that this glitch concerning the achievements still has not been fixed? I'm more than a little irritated, as I just bought this game this past weekend (glad I only paid $8.99 if this glitch never gets fixed)! I played the game through once so far and did not get the achievement for the rat story although I did find him and saw the cutscene. This game should have been fixed by now.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 14, 13 5:14 PM
Okay, so I played the game all the way through again and I got the gold statue even though I skipped a few puzzles. I did all of them until I got to the one with the flags. Believe me, I tried and tried but couldn't figure out how to beat that game so I skipped it even though I hadn't used any hints at all. I figured I'd lost the chance to get the statue for sure so I skipped a couple more puzzles later but never used any hints and I still got the statue! Was I ever surprised! It seems I collected all the other achievements too even though the one still says "unsuccessful attempt..." but its box opened to reveal a male doll in it. I'm assuming this is the achievement even though someone here said it was an auto? I don't know why then something else appeared in the box or why it still says "unsuccessful attempt". Everything else opened up to reveal something so it looks like I have all of them. I just wish the game gave you a message clarifying it because I expect more information forthcoming especially from a collector's edition. But try playing the game just by using the strategy guide for your help like I did and avoid the hint button altogether. I was able to do that and skip puzzles and still get the gold statue. And please post back with your results!

Go to: