bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 2, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 12:46:01 PM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 2, 12 12:46 AM
Yet another CE that won't run on my Mac! I've got the latest video card on my Macbook pro according to the dr felix report I sent last Sunday. So these games aren't compatible with my machine. My machine was made in 2011.
So, BFG say there's a Mac version, but seems my Mac is excluded.
This is so frustrating. I've got Mountain lion and 10.8.2 iOS X.
My W7 machine away being looked at, so no CEs for me boo hoo.

Edited to say the fault again is a box in quarter of the screen, and loads of lines on the rest of the screen!

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 12:52:40 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 2, 12 1:13 AM
Heya belamba,

I'm so sorry to see that our recent CEs are causing problems for you. I can definitely understand how frustrating that much be for you.

While I can see that you have only recently contacted our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, I would recommend that you do so again so they can have a closer look at this.

As this issue seems to exist with several games, these reports will help us to look further behind the problem. The more of them we get, the deeper we can look into the issue and try to solve it.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by julesm on Dec 2, 12 3:26 AM
The game stops working at the pottery shop when u try to add the card suits to the bust,why???? Please can i have a answer big fish, thanks.

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Dec 2, 12 4:00 AM
My game also quit running in the pottery shop when adding card suits

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 7:57:46 AM PST

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Dec 2, 12 4:03 AM
julesm wrote:The game stops working at the pottery shop when u try to add the card suits to the bust,why???? Please can i have a answer big fish, thanks.

It has done the same for me and there appears to be no way round it. I have tried the usual tricks such as closing the Games Manager and re-opening, closing the Games Manager and leaving it closed while I access the game via the desktop shortcut but nothing works. It allows me to place three of the suits but as soon as I try to add the fourth (in my case the diamond, don't know if that makes any difference) the game just stops dead.

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Dec 2, 12 4:03 AM
My game also quit at this action in the pottery shop. My 4th suit was the spade when it quit.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 4:04:56 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 2, 12 4:16 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing problems at the pottery shop.

When getting stuck in a game like this, it could be a sign that some software on your computer could do with some updating. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up to date here.

Should keep experiencing these issues, please get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team and if possible include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message. This way they'll have all the information right at hand and can have a closer look at the issue.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Dec 2, 12 5:47 AM
Having the same problem in the pottery shop. Sent a Dr. Felix with along with everything I've done trying to resolve the problem. Nothing works so far, but I'll keep trying. Everything is up-to-date with my Dell Inspirion 560 Windows 7 4G ram system.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Dec 2, 12 5:55 AM
Sadly, I also have the same issue. Error violation and game shuts down after putting in final card symbol on the chest of the bust. New computer with all the bells and whistles, updated....etc....Very seldom that I encounter game glitches soooooo... Here's hoping for a fix real soon.

[Post New]by morriswidow on Dec 2, 12 6:05 AM
Also having the same problem with this part of the game! Glad it's not just me!! Hope it gets sorted very soon.

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Dec 2, 12 6:14 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing problems at the pottery shop.

When getting stuck in a game like this, it could be a sign that some software on your computer could do with some updating.

As so many of us appear to be encountering exactly the same Access Violation error at exactly the same point in the game I suggest it seems likely that any software problem is more likely to be with the game itself rather than any of our computers. For myself I am pretty certain that my PC, drivers etc are fully up-to-date and I don't have any problems playing any other games so I don't think the problem is at this end. However I have sent a Dr Felix Report anyway, I hope this problem will be corrected before too long.

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cutter1 on Dec 2, 12 6:15 AM
Pottery shop. Game freezes when I put Club button in. I get Error Access violation at 0x07CFA457 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Dec 2, 12 6:16 AM
Same goes for me, error when I put in that last card (mine was club) Updates are all in, hopefully this will be resolved soon.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Dec 2, 12 6:24 AM
I'm also experiencing the same problem at the pottery shop. It's the heart for me but I don't think it matters which card you are trying to put in it appears that there is a problem with the game as soon as you go to put in the last card. It must be a problem with the game rather than individual computers. For soooo many gamers to get stuck at exactly the same point is too much of a coincident. I really hope that BF gets this problem sorted very, very soon and I just hope that we don't have to start the game from the beginning.

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by daisey88 on Dec 2, 12 6:55 AM
I am getting the game starting in about 1/2 the screen with flashing white screen behind and around it. Tried changing resolution but nothing worked. This also happened with another CE I tried last week. Using Macbook Pro OS X 10.8.2

Ok, I fixed my issue. I went into options and clicked on full screen which turned it off. Then I clicked on full screen again and lo and behold it worked. No half screen and no flashing. YAY! I just hope it stays that way. Just wanted to post in case anyone else has same issue.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 8:36:15 AM PST

lindaol
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lindaol on Dec 2, 12 6:56 AM
Tried the help-steps and now the game won't even start from the game manager. I don't undrestand why BF releases games when there's these problems with them???!! We pay money for these games, and we're stuck with finding the problems with the them!!! This is the second game within a month I have a problem with!! I want to play, not sit in front of the computer for hours trying to find a solution to the problems with a game I PAID for.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Dec 2, 12 7:03 AM
I'm stuck too at the same point ... the Bust!

I have ran a Dr. Felix, hoping for a fix, or another refund? I refuse to start this game over.

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on Dec 2, 12 7:16 AM
The game stopped working after talking to the Grimm Bros. Access violation 0x7769E3B3
Restarted the game and then it froze up reading the journal.
After reading everyones post I don't think its with my computer.

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Dec 2, 12 8:07 AM
Same problem as everyone else, game freezes at the pottery shop. Obviously, it's a bug in the game itself. Since this seems to be happening to a lot of us, I don't know how it got released this way without testers catching it.

Go to: