bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Patchworkz™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 3, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Patchworkz™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 3, 12 4:47 AM
Twice I have D/L and Re-installed this game with the same result and not able to play this game even though my free trial minutes are still counting down. I am getting the following in a dialogue box when I hit play that I have never encountered before and don't understand what it is
Error occured! Press "Yes" for create full dump (large size), "No" for create mini dump or "Cancel" not create dump; Please send crash.mdp to developers! Thank you....
I have Win 7 64 bit laptop - any clues as to what this is and has anyone else received this message
Thanks

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Dec 3, 12 4:53 AM
Downloaded and installed the game twice, the game crashes as soon as I click "Play Now".

I'm using a Mac Pro running Mountain Lion.

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 4:53:26 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 3, 12 5:15 AM
Heya limey_scale,

That sure is a strange error you are seeing when you try to play the game!

To find out what exactly is causing this and as you already tried to reinstall the game, I would recommend that that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team and send them a description of the issue, the crash report and a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. They'll be more than happy to have a look at everything for you!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 3, 12 5:19 AM
Heya Stardancer001, welcome to the Pond!

It definitely isn't nice that the game keeps crashing on your Mac.

By clicking here you can find some useful tips on how to make sure that all your software is up to date so the game has the best chances to run.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

meemawsue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by meemawsue on Dec 3, 12 6:19 AM
I too am attempting to play mac version, can't get past the "play" button - game closes immediately at "Play."

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 3, 12 7:18 AM
Upon trying to replay a puzzle to get all 3 starts lit up I can't pick up the pieces. This did not happen on original play and does not happen every time on the replay. I've had to leave and go back out to "Select Level" several times to get the puzzle to play. Eventually it works - one thought I had it that different puzzle pieces come up each time you play so perhaps I have to find just the same puzzle that I'm trying to replay. Don't really know the answer.

[Post New]by biggerstfish on Dec 3, 12 9:27 AM
Me too! I cannot play, the game crashed after clicking on play! Also Mac and Mountain Lion. Did the Game-Developer allready tested the Game bevore they put it on bigfish?

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Dec 3, 12 9:28 AM
I am having problems with the game lagging.when i try to move the pieces the cursor moves and the piece moves a bit lafter. Even placing the pieces is tricky as they move too late, after you move the cursor. I took off the custom cursor too.

I would like to buy this game but there is no point if it doesnt work properly

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 3, 12 10:49 AM
On my Mac running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), I got an Error Code 900. You won't find this code in the Tech help section, but I've learned that this means that the Game Manager has loaded the game into the trash can. I pulled it out and the game ran after that.

Also, if you move one of the puzzle pieces too quickly to the side, it gets stuck. You have to let it go and click and drag it again to get it in place. Not fatal, but you lose that 100% Accuracy star.

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Dec 3, 12 10:54 AM
I was thinking about purchasing this game. I was tried the different type of puzzle, ie wood, metal etc. Sometimes after choosing a level I would get a blank screen. I would have to hit alt + f4 to get out of the game. I am hoping you can fix this bug.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Dec 3, 12 11:34 AM
I get a screen to input my name and then when I click play the screen is white with a cursor but nothing else, I even gave it a while to sort itself out, nothing, and then I couldn't exit either. Grrr!

I am using Windows XP.

Just recently I updated all my drivers due to complications with other games, so I know that can't be the problem.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 3, 12 11:39 AM
cant find any way to change the option from fever mode with its wretched timer. have changed ny bame and restarted, the game is set at fever and that is that.
any suggestions?
kris

Granfran1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Granfran1 on Dec 3, 12 2:30 PM
I have the same problem as RainbowElf - a white screen with background music. I'm using Windows 7.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 3, 12 5:12 PM
I am having the same problem as SallyJane13.

Glass and wood worked fine. Stone just gave me a blank screen with a tiny bar on the left edge.

Too bad. I was about to buy it.

[Post New]by differentdances on Dec 3, 12 5:29 PM
Game crashes for me as well whenever I click on 'Play'. I already updated all my drivers to try to solve my Shadow Lake problems, so that's not the issue.

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Dec 3, 12 8:25 PM
Everything was going fine until I went to play the game. Got to a certain level and my computer turned itself off. When I went to start the game again I get a pop up telling my saved data was corrupted and has been deleted!

Very disappointed-especially since I bought it.

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 8:26:57 PM PST

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Dec 3, 12 9:31 PM
Somehow i fumbled around after many many tries, and was successful to exit the game. I did so much stuff that when i turn the game back on, i will be clueless on how to exit the next time. There needs to be a more sensible way to exit the game.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 3, 12 10:04 PM
I was just about to buy Patchworkz when it froze during trial, the one that was circle with curved shapes inside, when it totally froze! like it was a 30 below freeze Still had about 15-20 min left..but spent 20 min trying to get the dang thing to close.!
Finally ordered pc to restart and it kept telling me Windows waiting for program to close & I told it Shut Down !!!!. After reboot I used windows to delete game !
Was really starting to like Patchworkz and may try it again someday.. Pretty music - sounds, just plain nice eye-candy. But I want my games to work :/

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 10:12:21 PM PST

Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Dec 4, 12 1:56 AM
I'm having the same problem as a lot of other Mac & Lion users; I hit play and it automatically exits the game and tell me that something went wrong. It's not my mac that's at fault, it's the game. It seems it can't handle lion or something

Go to: