error message while playing game

[Post New]by Lise2007 on Feb 16, 09 12:20 AM
This game stopped playing a few times on me but once I start the game again it's ok for a while. Has anyone else have this problem?

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Violation Message in middle of game

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Feb 16, 09 1:37 AM
Click in game. I got a violation message in middle of game. Game quit, and I had to restart the game.

Re:error message while playing game

[Post New]by loopy1966uk on Feb 16, 09 2:06 AM
I have been playing this game for ages on other websites so was really excited when it came up on BFG. The excitement went very quickly however when I immediately had an error message when starting up the game, something about error violation in chapter 2 and the game won't play at all. I am gutted as I wanted to buy this from BFG.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 16, 09 5:47 AM
I"ve had an error message twice in the last half hour.. the game pops up the message then when I click the x to make it go away... the whole game goes away. Yesterday it froze up on me and I had to control,alt , delete to get out of it.

It's a pretty good game though.. and sure long enough.. but the error message are getting to me... Not good.. !!!

rita9720
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rita9720 on Feb 16, 09 6:15 AM
I've been having the same problem. It is annoying and hope you can straighten it out. Thank you.

[Post New]by renatemunro on Feb 16, 09 9:08 AM
I also have this game freeze on me several times and I've had to reboot my computer. Sometimes I get an error message and sometimes I don't. Is there a fix in the works?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 16, 09 9:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear that some some users are having trouble with Cate West: The Vanishing Files, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. Please be sure to include the exact error message you are receiving. If there is a problem with the game, the support team will be able to help sort it out with the developer.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

bfgErie

[Post New]by dogmuthr on Feb 16, 09 12:30 PM
I have gotten the same error message about buffing error, twice now. I can't even get the game to start

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 17, 09 12:19 AM
I have had it freeze on me twice now but have not had an error message. I was able to get out of the game by hitting the Space bar. I have never had this happen with any other game. I am using a PC with XP Pro.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Feb 18, 09 5:08 PM
same problem

Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by 0528 on Feb 18, 09 5:16 PM
I am on Chapter 5 and have not had any problems.

sorcha1970
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sorcha1970 on Feb 19, 09 8:14 AM
Hello, I am new to the forums.
I just sent customer support a copy of my systems error log generated by the shut down.
I hope that helps them fix the game.

octavia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by octavia13 on Feb 19, 09 11:24 AM
I also had error messages but managed to restart, but from Chapter 7 onwards, after finding all the clues the whole thing froze and the pointer disappeared. Even doing c,a,d didn't help and I've had to reboot the whole thing. When it restarts you are further on than when you stopped, very annoying as I'm only on Chapter 9 and it look like a long way to chapter 15 if I have to go through this every time!

[Post New]by diannamari on Feb 19, 09 5:13 PM
I have same error message. i uninstalled the game and redownloaded it, but it was the same thing. I also wanted to buy it.

sorcha1970
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sorcha1970 on Feb 20, 09 9:53 AM
I believe it has to do with DirectX application.
A person from BFG suggested running a diagnostic.
I hope that helps somebody having problems.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Feb 22, 09 10:07 AM
I am having the same problem. The error message appears then shuts the game down so fast I can't copy it to tell customer service. How do you run a diagnostics?

sorcha1970
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sorcha1970 on Feb 23, 09 8:35 AM
I went into the control panel option from the start menu.
There is an option called system and maintence.
7th option should be problem reports.
i am running vista but it should be there for xp as well.
I upgraded my DirectX and have played and not had anymore problems.

zombiekop1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by zombiekop1 on Feb 23, 09 9:29 AM
I am getting the same error message throws me out of the game and I also have the small screen. I have rest my display but now I can't get to anything on the bottom of the screen. I have only been playing for 10 mins and so far it has thrown me off twice. I think they should check these games before letting us buy them

Denise

ros13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ros13 on Feb 26, 09 1:07 PM
I am receiving the message-access violation at etc. and the game shuts down. I will contact Support (but no to-night). I agree-it's very annoying!!

[Post New]by Nadesico on Oct 3, 09 5:50 PM
I played it and it then threw me off with an error messege but now i cant pass it as it comes up everytime... i have tried the Control Panal and theres nothing there that can help me... well i cant find anything to help me out.... i dont know what to do and how to pass it.... can someone help me?

Go to: