ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

The ending

[Post New]by ValerieG on Dec 3, 12 9:44 PM
This is when Iwish I could rewind the last couple scenes and play it back! I guess I skipped the text too fast because I am quite confused with the ending.
Spoiler, hover over to see my question Was kevin the wolf????

To answer my question, either PM me or respond with the answer in the "spoiler mode"......don't know how to better word that

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:The ending

[Post New]by ValerieG on Dec 11, 12 2:40 PM
Sorry Shirley, didn't get a PM. Yes, I think Kevin is the ghost but the ending didn't make a lot of sense to me either

[Post New]by felixgarnet on Dec 17, 12 5:51 AM
I wish I could "rewind", too! It looks like Kevin was the villain in the end but I think the maybe the killer had corrupted him so he became murderous when he donned the wolf mask. Who was the guy Red Riding Hood shot? It can't have been Kevin - so was it the killer or someone he was holding prisoner? I hope someone can find out from the game's designer as the rest of it was superb.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 22, 12 5:01 PM
I agree the game was great but the ending happened so fast I'm confused!

[Post New]by pinkcricket10 on Dec 26, 12 2:03 PM
I'm with you guys! I came here for an answer. It does look like Kevin was the bad guy. And who WAS the man in black? Someone help me understand the ending? but if you look at Kevin opening shot he looks different. So, maybe Kevin was shot with tranquilizer and the killer was in the coffin.

TGQOATAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by TGQOATAS on Dec 28, 12 8:49 AM
I'm with you guys. What happened at the end??? I am hoping someone here can tell me not only that but what the entire story was about. It was a lovely game but WAY too vague for me.

Barb

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 29, 12 11:29 AM
Ditto!

Came here hoping for some clarity.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jan 12, 13 10:37 AM
felixgarnet wrote:Who was the guy Red Riding Hood shot?
She shot a mannequin. When the figure fell you could clearly see its exposed wooden mannequin hand-mitts.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jan 12, 13 10:42 AM
TGQOATAS wrote:I'm with you guys. What happened at the end??? I am hoping someone here can tell me not only that but what the entire story was about. It was a lovely game but WAY too vague for me.
My take: unbeknownst to her, Red was dating the storybook killer all along. But don't expect logic about how he set the whole trap for her step-by-step -- waaay too many liberties taken (poetic license?) along the way.

But it sure was fun, wasn't it!

ETA - It's not a big stretch to assume this is Kevin's MO, and that he probably dated the "Snow White" girl before murdering her, and so on.

Edited on 01/12/2013 at 10:51:28 AM PST

[Post New]by Readwritelove on Feb 8, 13 5:42 PM
I too was confused by the ending. The cut scene went too fast. I think it's something the developers should revisit with an update.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 6, 13 3:53 PM
Only Kevin and Alice had access to set up the cameras. This is alluded to early and explicitly stated at the end. Alice didn't do it, therefore it was Kevin. I agree with RenaissanceMom he probably dated all the victims before killing them. I also agree with pinkcricket10 that the Kevin in the box doesn't look exactly like the Kevin at the beginning, but Alice clearly thought it was Kevin, and she'd been dating him, so she should know.. Also, as RenaissanceMom states, it was a mannequin she shot with the first dart, which you can see if you are looking for.

There really were clues throughout that the Storyteller was Kevin (if that was really his name). "I've always wanted to give you this." "I am very close." And other notes. If you play it a second time and look for those ambiguous clues, it will probably make more sense. I doubt if I even caught all of them, but I did catch enough to red-flag me to the possibility so that I went into the final scene not thinking "Will she save him?" but "Is he or isn't he?"

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Nov 25, 13 5:07 PM
My opinion is that Kevin was the killer. However, he either escaped from custody while she was recuperating or he had an accomplice. Either way, the teddy bear was an indication that the threat is still out there, and the villain wanted to be sure she knew. Kinda like the ending in some thriller movies were the supposedly-dead bad guy moves in the last frame of film, or you see an egg left by a slain monster. I think it was a cheap shot since they probably won't make a sequel and we're left wondering who sent her the bear.

Go to: