bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for World Mosaics 6

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 4, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mosaics 6? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mosaics 6 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for World Mosaics 6

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 4, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Dec 4, 12 4:08 AM
I love these games! Have played every one I've found - Gemsweeper,WMosiacs, Arizona Rose, World Riddles - this one I thought they were going to put a new spin in this game as I saw a jigsaw forming up as I went through the first bank of puzzles. I thought, that's a nice changeup - but no, when I got to the end of the level the pieces assembled themselves. Hmmm. Well, I would have liked to do that. That might have been fun, as long as it didn't take too much away from the mosaic portion.

The story is totally nonsensical but honestly, who plays these games for that -but it might be nice one day to take real thought for the backstory. The first picture - well, I won't describe it because that would be a spoiler but lets say I hope the rest of the game has nicer pictures. Other than that, so far it is much like the other WM and I am quite enjoying it, as I always do - but for the puzzles, not the story. Perhaps it might be nice to illustrate an old classic one day, or spend some time really developing a nice backstory. Or at least one that sounds somewhat plausible, even if it is a fantasy.

I did notice they started out with 10x10s, at least in the non tutorial mode. That's nice to see. I know I get frustrated with grids that start out too small. The beginning also had a higher level of difficulty than I've noticed previously in the starter puzzles, although people who do these regularly will probably breeze right through it.

I would like to see a "restart" option, instead of having to totally exit. If I make a mistake, I restart. I'm one of those who plays to reach the "perfect" levels. It would be nice to have a map with scoring or gold levels, like other games - some sort of recognition of all gold.

All in all, if you've liked the previous WM, and played them obsessively (like me), you'll probably like this one too. Was thrilled to see this out this am.

Edited on 12/04/2012 at 4:12:23 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 4, 12 4:55 AM
awesome, i didnt even know another was in the works,, i adore nanogramn, they are my go to games, love that thius starts out with 10, by 10 grids, as the last one in this seroies started and stayed pretty easy, hope the challange ramps up,

ok done with the 1st level,,and the challange is indeed ramped up from the get,,,,great that something other then a hog got tgt status,,,could it be that bfg is listening to those of us that want more variety in the offerings...wtg dev, and bfg

Edited on 12/04/2012 at 5:19:54 AM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 4, 12 5:27 AM
I have the 5 previous WM games, and play them when I want a break from HOPAs and HOGs. Played the demo through the first location and enjoyed the challenge. As lovemybook said, it would have been nice to put the puzzle pieces together myself at the end of the level. This is a buy for me.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Dec 4, 12 5:46 AM
World Mosaics 6
Also known as nanogram, picross, griddlers, paint by number, and any other name that refers to logical number games. Similar games available here at BFG are World Mosaics 1-5, Gemsweeper, World Riddles: Animals, & Arizona Rose & the Pirates Riddles. In past WM versions you restored the Atlantis World Museum,then went on as an apprentice and had schooling in chronology. Traveling through time seems to be a trait of each edition. This version you are gathering evidence against a cat burglar named LaForge who has stolen the hour glass from the Atlantean Museum, LaForge taunts you by leaving these puzzles behind as clues to where he is traveling next.

Requires 1024 RAM and 71 MB hard drive. On the main page along the bottom of the screen are the following: Options, Credits, Bonus, Tips, & Quit, the Play button is in the center of the screen. Options, allows you to set a slider for your music & sounds. Then there are boxes to check or un check for Disable Hints, Custom Cursor, Right Click swap, Show selection of Numbers, Full Screen and Stretch screen which allows you to customize the game to your own preferences. Bonus content is 150 bonus puzzles in addition to the 100 puzzles in the main game.

Upon completion of each puzzle your time used, hints used, mistakes made are listed so you can replay to improve your performance.

A few sounds are reused from the past versions, but the majority of the music is new, to me it sounds like Jazz detective music, I liked it, but for those who don't, the slider can easily turn it off for you.

The first location was in one of the old Soviet countries and involved ***guards, barbed wire and nuclear weapons being launched.**** There were 10 boards in that section & all were 10X10, the picture in the background was dreary, to say the least. Each completed board earns you a puzzle piece but the game puts them together, not you, which was a lost opportunity in my opinion. The second area had 10 boards also, & was a past Dutch Olympic location.

Two of the sample boards on the BFG game page show 15X15 boards so they will get bigger but I had almost finished the second group of 10 when my demo time ran out, and had only solved 10X10 boards so far. Hopefully there will be larger boards and SOON. Up to now the boards have been rather easy.
I will be purchasing with a pcc.

I will edit my review to add the range of board sizes and when they appear and how difficult the boards become.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 4, 12 8:09 AM
LOVE these games. I own every World Mosaics and find them the best of all the grid type puzzles. I was surprised when I saw this one and purchased it right away. Whenever I have one of those sleepless nights, these are my go-to games and I have played them over and over and over again.

Unlike a previous reviewer, I am enjoying the story and the puzzles. I too like that they start out with a bit more difficulty right at level one.

Great game - keep them coming please!

As always, thank you BFG - you bring us the best games on the market.

FlagCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by FlagCat on Dec 4, 12 3:07 PM
Wow! my all time favorite type of game for a very droopy kind of day. Tempted to buy immediately, but will contain myself cause I've got a whole hour to try it. Thanks for cheering me up, way up.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 4, 12 4:03 PM
I love these kind of games and have everyone of them. I wonder why no widescreen for me? You can reset by hitting desk, it will take you back to start over. This game will keep your mind sharp, without overtaxing it..... Excel game for those wintery indoors days.....................OR AFTER X-MAS SHOPPING.....................

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 4, 12 5:33 PM
I love these games. They are called hanograms and I play them all the time. There is actually a site online for this type of game. I usually purchase the books which contain much more difficult puzzles. If you like these type of puzzles, Games Magazine has several of them every month. I was very happy to see this offering today. Not the usual fare for this site, but enjoyable for me. But, I realize this type of game does not appeal to everyone. These come out twice per year so they are rare. But as I have stated, you can find this type of puzzle through another website which specializes in these type of puzzles.

boscocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by boscocat on Dec 4, 12 9:59 PM
I too enjoy these types of games,it is a good way to relax your mind a bit too. I like to see more of these

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 4, 12 10:19 PM
Thankyou devs for the larger puzzles earlier on and the option to skip the tutorial from the start for more experienced player.
As someone has already mentioned, it would have been nice if the jigsaws were an extra task to complete at the end of each "chapter", especially if they had increased complexity.
Maybe next time.
Cheers

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Dec 4, 12 11:01 PM
Great game!! I love this type.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 6, 12 8:18 PM
This game has got so many versions that it is quickly getting too old for its age (a bit like me). All of WM series have same setups and static graphics. Not much fun unless u just want to pass a lazy afternoon. Graphics is ok, but hints are stringy and u have to earn it via the game

PLEEZE developers spare us from another series of WM, unless u come up with some other neat concepts, like we are able to create our own, some decorative items for a virtual house which we could buy with the points earned from completing the puzzles (like Fishdom), different music to select, different background to select, unusual puzzle board eg a circle, a hexagon (its always a table like grid!)

Sorry, not much good comments from me, work on the concepts developers! Read the forum, ask for feedback on whats on players mind to improve the experience then incorporate those fun details!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 8, 12 10:58 PM
Am I the only one that noticed that there is no strategic numerical placement with this edition? It's all a guess, instead of being able to deduce where each marker should go based on the number(s) count at each margin. Yeah at times there's a "gotta guess" moment, but this edition has 90% guess moments, with no logic of placement at all. What a shame because I've always enjoyed playing this game, but this one is more annoying than anything.

Miranda53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Miranda53 on Dec 17, 12 9:59 AM
I'm sorry you think that, Carole. I'm into the sixth level "House of God", and have found all tile placement up to this point to be very logical. I've used the hint buttoon maybe four times in all. The puzzles are quite challenging, but if you take your time and make heavy use of the "pin" button, they are all solvable using logic alone. It does require alot of counting on your own, to see which spaces can be "pinned", but I prefer these more difficult puzzles to ones that are too easy to solve. I do agree that the background colors sometimes make it VERY hard to see what you're working on, as Valdy stated earlier, and I sometimes have spaces I think I've dealt with, only to realize that it's just the background showing through. And I too would've liked to solve the jigsaw puzzles myself....it would've been a fun little bonus. Oh, well, maybe next time. All in all, I think this is the best World Mosaics game yet...keep 'em coming, devs!

CeeJayEss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CeeJayEss on Jan 1, 13 7:06 AM
Having played this game through to conclusion I can assure everyone that all of these puzzles are solvable without having to resort to either hints and/or guesswork. I enjoyed this edition very much, gone are the endless 5x5 easy-peasy puzzles that have blighted earlier editions of this game.

Some of the puzzles are really challenging so those new to this kind of game may struggle a bit to begin with and I would recommend cutting one's teeth on earlier editions of this game.

There is room for improvement however.. Often it is hard to tell the difference between the background picture and a tile that has been 'pinned'.. This could easily be solved by making the background colour of the pin a couple of shades darker. I would also suggest that the row and column highlighter could do with being a shade stronger, it is all too easy to read the wrong set of clue numbers.. I'm sure in other editions of the game highlighted numbers were emboldened a lot more than they are here.

Although the puzzles are fine the format of the game is getting very stale indeed and it all looks very samey, it really could do with a major overhaul before the next game is released.

dachsH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dachsH on Jan 4, 13 1:05 AM
WM6 made my brain dance. I discovered this game genre quite recently so the challenge level was appropriate for me and far outlived my expectations. It is an excellent pastime when the weather lets you down.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Jun 11, 13 1:28 PM
I just LOVE this game! Usually a HO-gamer, I tried this one just for a change, and I'm addicted to it! I've played through the entire set of puzzles at least 10 times, and I never get bored. It's a brain challenge and I've tried different techniques each time, always aiming for that "no-hints" "no-mistakes" high.

A thoroughly entertaining game - so glad I decided to try it!

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Sep 6, 13 10:17 AM
I love this game and have purchased all WM games. Now the big question is when is a new WM going to come out? I play these games over and over, always a challenge no matter how many times I play. Looking forward to another WM.

Go to: