Towers of Oz

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Towers of Oz

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 5, 12 12:29 AM
Help Timothy gain his footing in the wondrous 3D world of Oz and then guide him as he battles wooden soldiers, saber-toothed tigers and giant frogs in intense tactical battles. Unlock new attacks, use strategy to eliminate foes and defend your towers to the last brick! With simple point-and-click gameplay, eye-popping graphics and a storyline that will have you in stitches, Tower of Oz offers hours of fun for the whole family!

Re:Towers of Oz

[Post New]by Trish08 on Dec 5, 12 6:56 PM
I'm having a hard time with level 8, any idea's?

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 6, 12 1:50 AM
I found that the best strategy is to use as many of the Mana towers as possible, to speed up building of towers.
(I have at least 10)
I also love the walls, mines and lightning...

[Post New]by Galadriul on Dec 6, 12 10:46 PM
yea i am stuck at level nine. I think this game is too hard to quick. For one, the cursor moves too slow on screen if anyone else has noticed this. I have tried everything to beat level 9 and feel dumb cause I owned p vs z yet this I cant get my head around....wish someone would post a walkthrough guide

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Dec 8, 12 6:54 AM
This could have been an ok game but cursor movement is that much slow it ruins it

[Post New]by Galadriul on Dec 8, 12 8:19 AM
ok, in options you can choose to untick the game cursor option..it will be the normal cursor and that one is fast.

[Post New]by molliebabe on Dec 8, 12 1:38 PM
hi everyone

I have got to level 15 winning but to get 3 stars is nigh impossible quite early on. I am still not sure about the correct tactics but I put mana on the left row 1 with any weapons about 5 rows to the right and walls as far to right as possible.then I fill rows 1 to 4 with mana. nobody has posted about correct ideas so not sure if that is the best way just got massacred on level 15!!! as yet dont see any help anywhere else either so we will have to keep trying.

Edited on 12/08/2012 at 1:39:56 PM PST

[Post New]by Galadriul on Dec 8, 12 6:57 PM
yea, i am stuck on level 9. I keep trying to put up as many mana wells as possible but as im bulding them and trying to save for the 100 mana towers the mobs come and knock down anything I put up. LIke it feels like I am doing hard mode...at level 9. This is ridiculous. Not fun really. And molliebabe, I didnt quite understand what you meant lol in your explanation. How do you keep them at my level from getting past me? Like even the 100 mana towers dont keep em all back. they destroy them!!!

[Post New]by KatSunny on Dec 9, 12 6:18 PM
Hello.

I played lots of TD games, all good flash games, I spend HOURS on Kingdom Rush and Defense Grid. But this is no TD game

Its rather an strange PvZ clone, very slow, very unpolished. The game crashed numerous times on me if I replay levels. I set the game on "XP Mode" in Windows (I'm on Vista 64 on the laptop) and the crashing vanished.

But now to the gameplay: Its very unbalanced. Without the ability to speed up you need lots of patience. It gets steep quickly if you don't know what you are doing. I got to level 24 with three stars with these tipps:

(Counting Colums from left to right with col 1, col 2...etc)

Timing is absolutely critical in this game. Don't panic, especially in the beginning it gives you enough time to plan the layout. Get used to the rhythm of cards refueling and the true power of certain elements.

+ Start in the middle, col 5, built mana fountains until you have the full column. Place all firing towers behind it. The second batch of fountains should be on col 2, and later on col 3.

+ Don't waste mana early on flash attacks - rather build up more mana fountains and tiny walls. They fend off easily three or four soldiers so you have enough time to wait and spend it on building towers and fountains.

+ Build cannons, later double cannons behind the middle row. Wait until real attackers appear on a row. I had levels where the top and lower row where only used by lower attackers so don't waste multiple cannon power on those.

+ When the col 5 mana towers are destroyed (and replaced by walls) you should have col 2+3 with mana fountains. 10 is a good number to have enough mana coming in.

+ Spikes are useful, but first have the first column of towers until you build those. Two on a row kill every normal soldier, the tower should waste the metal laced one with four shots plus. Later I replace them with rows of flesh eating plants. Three in a row fix even the baddest crowd

The ideal line looks like this:
Crossbow/TripleCrossbow, Mana, Mana, Firetower/Ice, Firetower/Ice, Wall, Spike/Plant, Spike Plant

Now I have to deal with the darn Pumpkinhead, a remarkable and annoying foe.

[Post New]by molliebabe on Dec 10, 12 8:31 AM
thanks katsunny

at least I have a good idea now on correct strategy and hopefully it will get me through to the higher levels.by the time I do that I am sure you will have cracked the whole game and look forward to your help then !! good hunting.

i do play alot of games and this one does have a steep difficulty or it is simply too slow dont see many more people purchasing this game

[Post New]by AndrewD27 on Dec 10, 12 3:13 PM
I have a question to BigFish

Yesterday there was 8 reviews with 5 stars (and 27 reviews)...and today only 3 (and 22 reviews)...and google shows 27 votes

What's happening? Why are you deleted them?

[Post New]by Trish08 on Dec 10, 12 6:23 PM
I'm on level 23 for the 20th time!! lol I don't understand..spike plants? cannon's? Mouse is way better, thank you.

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 10, 12 8:00 PM
I beat level 23 with 3 stars.
I usually have 2 columns of fountains, then a column of the basic tower, column of ice tower, column of fire thrower, and lots and lots of fences, bombs, lightning, and man-eating plants!

Now however, I am STUCK on level 24 - the one with the Pumpkin-throwing enemy - its impossible!
Nothing seems to kill them, and they absolutely demolish my defenses!

Anyone got any ideas???

(PS - I LOVE that this game is difficult, definitely got my game credits worth on that one...)

[Post New]by KatSunny on Dec 10, 12 8:26 PM
@Trish

I mean Firetowers ("cannons") and Spikes or (the / is a 'or') flesh eating plants.

@Livibop

The pumpkin takes lots of damage. I had to freeze multiple times to get the reload of the fireball and flash until he goes away. But he comes back a second time in the final rush, and thats the bad one.

One tipp: plaster everything with flesh eating plants! They eat the rolling bomb pumpkins. I didn't survive the last five games, and I had 5 triple ballistas. Something very (big)fishy is going on. This level is unbeatable if you don't know how.

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 10, 12 10:46 PM
Thanks Katsunny.

I figured Pumpkin-man couldn't be killed, so I started focusing on the pumpkins he threw, but still no success.
I've never used the freezing thing, so maybe I'll give that a go.

There's so many different weapons etc, so many potential strategies...
I will not be beaten - I will get it done eventually.

Here I go...

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 10, 12 11:37 PM
Done it!!
Muahahahaha!

The freezing spell did it I think, just gives you more time to re-load the other spells...

I'm now only 3 levels away from finishing - every level on Gold-star!

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Dec 11, 12 10:06 AM
Im stuck on level 20 I cant seem to beat the tree, mushrooms, flying thing and frogs its ridiculous I barely got 1 star someone HELP please......... I played it over 30 times still cant figure it out

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 1:45:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Trish08 on Dec 11, 12 11:45 PM
Okay Holy Chit is Level 24 hard. This is a very challenging game, love it!!

I find it's a different set up everytime. Some similarity but you really have to run through the level a few times to figure it out.

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 13, 12 1:23 AM
Level 24 was seriously hard - but level 29 is torture!!
I am on my millionth try, and I can't even make it to the last enemy wave!!
(lots of walking trees)

Has anyone made it???

[Post New]by Trish08 on Dec 13, 12 12:17 PM
Livibop wrote:Level 24 was seriously hard - but level 29 is torture!!
I am on my millionth try, and I can't even make it to the last enemy wave!!
(lots of walking trees)

Has anyone made it???

I was just coming on to ask same thing!! lol
I've tried using the owls..lots of plants..more magic. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to: