bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Towers of Oz

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 5, 12 12:46 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Towers of Oz? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Towers of Oz page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Towers of Oz

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 5, 12 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 5, 12 2:41 AM
Yay, finally something other than a HOG!!!

It's a tower defense game...I'm about 30 minutes in, and so far so good...
Graphics are cool, lots of different "weapons"...
Not sure about the enemies being wooden soldiers, buy hey - not more weird than 'plants versus zombies', right?

It's a buy for me, mainly because I have soooo many credits saved up, thanks to 2 months of straight HOGs

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 5, 12 6:04 AM
The same strategies I use for the first few levels of Plants vs Zombies work for the first few levels of this game, but I'm just not enjoying this game nearly as much. It feels a bit "awkward", and the storyline dialog feels intrusive rather than helpful.

I'm undecided on this one. I'll play the rest of the free hour later and see if I start liking it better. I adore Plants vs Zombies, and Garden Rescue and Garden Panic too. Possibly it's just that the UI is rather dark instead of cheerful - the tower defense games I love all have cheerful boards and I almost always pass on the ones with gloomy boards.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Dec 5, 12 10:08 AM
A Twist to the Tower Defence Game

Not sure why BF decided to release this game under TM games as the title of the game indicates it’s a tower defence game so under BF’s system perhaps Strategy would be a closer match. It is a twist on the tower defence game, if you are familiar with Plants vs. Zombies this game seems to be similar using magic towers/weapons fighting against wooden toy soldiers and other opponents. You try to defend your emeralds against dwarves who want to control Oz. There is a back-story with the Wizard of Oz and the great-grandson of Dorothy I didn’t read all the cut scenes and clicked through most, there seemed to be a fair bit of dialogue.

Graphics seem good. There is a catalogue of different weapons/equipment to fight against again á lá P vs. Z and also a catalogue where you can see the different types of opponents you will face. Strategy will be needed in order to defeat your enemies I assume like other games of this genre.
I like to try out different types of games and full disclosure Tower Defence games, with the exception of the brilliant Plants vs. Zombies, aren’t my usual go to games but I can see that this a well made game. I was pleasantly surprised and am thinking of purchasing for a bit of change and for those who enjoy these kinds of games give the trial a whirl.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 6, 12 8:11 PM
HUMMPH...Its almost a copycated effort on the developer to Plants vs Zombies.

Good graphics and cute characters, but pretty frustrating game as the production of the water drops do so at the risk of you tearing up your hair! I cant even get past level 5 unlike PVZ whereby with a little true style strategy u can make it!

Except for the level of details in the scenery + graphics and cute characters, its almost not worth considering as a buy coz of frustration built in limitations of the game to make sure you DONT get pass with whatever strategy u are using!

Despite the difficulty in the levels as game progresses u are ALWAYS given only 25 drops of water at start of game exactly like PVZ! What a bummer!

I will wait for free copy from the library, and go do some unclassified tweaking so that I can get high scores! Hmmph.... Definitely not worth a free stamp

[Post New]by Galadriul on Dec 8, 12 6:58 PM
this game stinks..too hard too early. THey need to nerf it a bit. And someone ADD A WALKTHROUGH WITH STRATEGY. iM AT level 9 and the mobs kill everything no matter what I do. Dumb.

[Post New]by LaurenR on Dec 9, 12 12:26 AM
I loved this game right up until Level 10. Now it is way too hard, way too quick!! No matter what strategy I try, it still fails early on. Why have the makers decided to up the difficulty of the game so soon? I don't mind about not getting three stars, but to fail at level 10 has ruined the game for me.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on May 3, 13 11:31 AM
This game is like Plants vs Zombies, but not half as good. The game is hard right from the start. I found I couldn't get enough water from the 'fountains' straight away, no matter how many I did or didn't build; so was defenceless pretty much straight away. The fountains are slow at delivering water.
Poor.

Go to: