70summerfield
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

rivets on armor?

[Post New]by 70summerfield on Dec 5, 12 7:33 AM
Is anybody else having problems getting the armor on the nutcracker? I've tried all kinds of maneuvers and can't seem to coordinate getting the rivets onto the legs or arms and making them stay. Somebody out ther please help!!

Re:rivets on armor?

[Post New]by differentdances on Dec 5, 12 7:50 AM
That mini-game took me forever to figure out. You have to remove the arms and legs first, then add the new bits. The 'rivets' clue doesn't help much to let you know that.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,656 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 5, 12 12:16 PM
You're augmenting him. Deus Ex anyone?

ETA I understand the OP now. You get a message about step 2 when you haven't done step 1! I'd taken the legs off and was trying to put the new ones on too soon.
It took me a while to realise that the game was telling me to put the breastplate and backplate on first (step 1).

Edited on 12/05/2012 at 11:02:23 PM PST

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Dec 23, 12 4:46 PM
differentdances wrote:That mini-game took me forever to figure out. You have to remove the arms and legs first, then add the new bits. The 'rivets' clue doesn't help much to let you know that.

Where did you find the sword?? He needs a sword and I dont have that and dont know where it is suppose to be, please help

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Dec 26, 12 5:19 PM
I never figured it out. I got the original parts off, then tried to get the new parts on, and it kept telling me I needed to put on the rivets first. And I tried and tried to get the rivets on, and they wouldn't go on. Finally, I just skipped the puzzle. I have to say, I ended this game on a really sour note. I liked it in the beginning, but once I hit that awful flag puzzle (which I am still convinced has no rhyme or reason to it) I was just over it. Not fun. I ended up skipping most of the puzzles after that just to get the whole thing over with, so I'll admit I didn't have much patience for this "rivets" nonsense.

Kwan_Yin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

rivets on armor?

[Post New]by Kwan_Yin on Dec 22, 13 10:57 AM
70summerfield wrote:Is anybody else having problems getting the armor on the nutcracker? I've tried all kinds of maneuvers and can't seem to coordinate getting the rivets onto the legs or arms and making them stay. Somebody out ther please help!!

I absolutely cannot figure it out either.

I first was able to remove one arm by sticking a screw on it, then applying the screwdriver. Couldn't repeat the process with the other arm. Somehow I removed a leg, but could not remove any other limbs!

At that point I tried to put an armored leg where the old leg had been -- the clue said the armor needs rivets -- and I tried everything! Touching the armored leg to the rivets, then to the body, then to each tool, then trying every possible sequence with these four parts.

How does this work??

Go to: