bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 5, 12 11:52 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

If you would like to see issues discussed in the old tech thread please click here.

Pootie49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pootie49 on Dec 5, 12 6:21 PM
I tried the demo after the new version came out today and it still wouldn't let me save.
I started a new profile , played for 10 minutes and got out of the game. Tried to get back in and was told all progress was gone, I would have to start over. I assume the new "version" applies to the demo as well as the full game that people purchased.

I guess I'll keep waiting for a solution.
It feels like I got a lump of coal in my Christmas stocking.
Win7 Pro

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Dec 5, 12 7:23 PM
Pootie49 wrote:I tried the demo after the new version came out today and it still wouldn't let me save.
I started a new profile , played for 10 minutes and got out of the game. Tried to get back in and was told all progress was gone, I would have to start over. I assume the new "version" applies to the demo as well as the full game that people purchased.

I guess I'll keep waiting for a solution.
It feels like I got a lump of coal in my Christmas stocking.
Win7 Pro

If you are using the demo version you primarily installed, then of course it won't work. You have to completely uninstall that from your PC then reinstall it it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 6, 12 3:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Pootie49 - as advised, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely and then trying again.

Just to note;

If you've already seen the profile corruption message you'll need to start a new player profile.

If the problems persist though after reinstallation, please do reach out to our friendly Tech Support Team so we can provide some more specific advice.

twinsoniclab - I replied to your other post on this matter here, if you would like to check it out.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by tecatekila on Dec 6, 12 3:46 AM
I uninstalled and installed the game again, but the message profile corrupted continues to appear and the game shuts down. cannot change the profile. the problem is still the same. what can I do?

Pootie49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Pootie49 on Dec 6, 12 5:07 AM
Just to clarify, I did uninstall and re-download the demo and the problem persisted.
I will follow up with tech support.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 6, 12 6:16 AM
My game stopped working near the end of the precipice chapter, I had to use task manager to get out. Now the whole game is gone and it starts over. I don't want to start all over to finish the game, is there any way to retrieve my played portion of the game?

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Dec 6, 12 7:43 AM
I must thank Big Fish Games, especially Stephanie V. I sent my Dr Felix report off to them after experiencing the same as most people - game not saving. After a couple of days I got an e-mail back instructing me what to do on my computer and now the game works perfectly.

Thank you again BFG, this is a wonderful game

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 6, 12 10:04 AM
Hey Fishies,

If you're still seeing that corrupt profile message and have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and starting a new player profile please be sure to contact Tech Support. They'll help go through specific steps to try to get the game working again!

LuvDemGames: It sounds like the game may have crashed and erased the save data. While it's unlikely that the progress saved since the game started over, please write into Tech Support as they can go through some other options with you.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I'll be sure to pass that along to the representative LuvDemGames! Thanks for the kind words!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Pootie49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Pootie49 on Dec 6, 12 10:06 AM
Just wanted to report that my problem is solved!

Thanks to Customer Support during a Live Chat, I also was sent an e-mail that outlined steps to correct the problem. The instructions worked like a charm.
I am very pleased.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 6, 12 10:40 AM
So happy to hear that Pootie49 what great news!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

bfgIzara

Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by TinkNWendy on Dec 6, 12 12:58 PM
Well I have contacted Tech Support, sending in my DxDiag with it. I have received no reply as of yet. However, I saw that you guys fixed the issue on a post from yesturday. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again.

1. Still says Profile data corrupt. Saved Data Lost..on the Menu screen.

2. When I do log into the game, I get the inventory, menu, and hint bar. However, the main game screen is black.

I have tried everything on help pages and tech support forum. I am not sure what else to do. Maybe I get a reply soon from tech support. I hate to not have this game...Love the Nutcracker...and the couple mins of game play I had were very entertaining.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 6, 12 1:33 PM
You have to start from the beginning again with a new name. You can't use your old profile.
For the black screen, you probably have to update your graphics card drivers.

[Post New]by Tinaweena on Dec 6, 12 1:45 PM
Either I missed the bag or it didn't come up when I put the nutcracker down the hole to get the key at the library doors. The rat king made the snowman hostile so I can't get anywhere else in the game because in order to go further I need the bar from the gold bag which isn't there. It's definitely not in my inventory. Yes, I scrolled back and forth too and checked each item. How do I get the bag? Please help. Thanks!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 6, 12 2:32 PM
I just uninstalled/reinstalled and did not get my game back...HELP! I don't want to start over....

[Post New]by claytonigloucom on Dec 6, 12 7:00 PM
JUST BOUGHT THE GAME....DEMO WORKED FINE, INSTALLED GAME AND CURSOR AND SCREEN IS IN SLOW MOTION. UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED TWICE. STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY. RUNNING ON LAPTOP WINDOWS 7

[Post New]by Chunkus on Dec 7, 12 1:41 AM
Hi,

I am having the save game issues, I downloaded the demo yesterday, played it for a while and then saved it, this morning I got the "save game data corrupt" message, I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting no matter what I do and how many times I try, it does not work, I must have the new build as I only downloaded last night :/

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 7, 12 2:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions on fixing the game, I still can't get back to where I was...I am now starting completely over and not very happy....geez, is this going to do it again when and IF I decide to start from the beginning. I am disappointed as this is really a pretty neat game. Any other idea's on how to get my game back and continue on from where I was?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 5:12 AM
Hi Fishies,

I would recommend that anyone having issues with how the game is displaying or running, to ensure that you have the most recent version of this game installed.

This is really easy to do, all you need to do is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If you have problems after installing this newest version, I would encourage you to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for your particular issue.

CiChDa - as per the advice here, if you've seen the profile corruption message, you'll need to start a new player profile.

If you prefer not to start the game over though, please do reach out to Support so we can provide some alternative suggestions for you.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by 2smallnet on Dec 7, 12 9:51 AM
Continuing to have same constant technical problem with game freezing up when candle tries to melt gear at gate. Uninstalled, reinstalled many many many many times.

Now, it does takes 2 tries before game finally freezes up again. But it still does freeze up in the exact same place.

It's seems like a charming game if you could ever play it. I wish I had never purchased it. It's more trouble than it's worth. For $19.99, I just want to download and enjoy a game.

I don't want to spend my time posting questions and getting the same disappointing results every day, even with a newer downloaded version. I don't want to spend hours in forums or with technical support. I don't want to waste time running unnecessary diagnostics.

Please just fix it or refund all buyers' money. This was my first Big Fish purchase - and if this game's problems are not resolved quickly and completely, it will be my only and last Big Fish purchase.

Trying to play this game is exhausting and depressing - NOT holiday fun at all.

Go to: