bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

Re:Post any Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by tbcoe on Dec 7, 12 1:19 AM
Once again a game that just shut my computer off!! I have enough games anyway but it did look like a good game, I wish I could have tried it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 1:45 AM
Hi tbcoe,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating well with one another. Also, as you mentioned that this not the first game you have had trouble with, it would definitely appear that there is something amiss.

Hence, I would encourage you to have a look at the help article here, which has some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively. Just a few quick updates can bring about a massive improvement.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team, and they will be happy to offer specific advice.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 1:47:05 AM PST

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Dec 8, 12 5:06 PM
I was on the train and couldn't proceed, The map disappeared! I had to start all over and carefully watched to ensure the map was available. So just wanted anyone who encounters this issue to start all over.

whcnp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by whcnp1 on Dec 9, 12 7:52 AM
I am in the hut by ski lift hidden object seen. The ed handle, the flash light and the object to open the cabinet are not in the scene. I tried reinstalling the game and it did not help. Now what

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 9, 12 11:09 AM
Hi whcnp1,

Since uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help, I think it would be best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Dec 23, 12 4:09 PM
Dang i get stuck in Sebastion's journal. A back flashes once in a while but if I move my mouse it's gone. Are there exit places I just can't see?

[Post New]by boxtops on Dec 25, 12 4:05 PM
When I use the solvent on the music sheet there's a flash & I'm suddenly back in Sebastion's room & am unable to move on. When I try to continue, it's as if I had not used the solvent at all.

[Post New]by DrPatB on Jan 4, 13 6:21 PM
Jn chapter 5 I got all the objects out of the piano, but the hint screen continues to tell me to check out the piano.. Should I reinstall the game?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 13, 13 2:36 PM

I was able to play the game from beginning to end without any glitches BUT the CONSTANT flickering of the cursor gave me a headache and a somewhat upset stomach.

MEnr56

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jan 17, 13 10:48 PM
DrPatB wrote:Jn chapter 5 I got all the objects out of the piano, but the hint screen continues to tell me to check out the piano.. Should I reinstall the game?

I'm having the same issue.
edited after completing game:
Discovered that I could proceed while ignoring this hint. I did Uninstall then reinstall, and there is another action spot in the chandelier room. Don't know if I just missed it first time through, or if it only showed after the reinstall.

Edited on 01/17/2013 at 11:43:27 PM PST

Bug in Epilogue

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 18, 13 11:09 PM
I discovered a bug in the Epilogue (Bonus Chapter). I played the game last month without any problems. Then I replayed it a few days ago and this time I discovered a bug towards the end of the Epilogue and I also figured out why I didn't encounter the bug the first time I played the game.

The bug occurs towards the end of the Epilogue, so it's very frustrating that you don't get the satisfaction of completing the game. If you read below before starting the Epilogue I can tell you how to avoid the bug.

SPOILER ALERT!

Towards the end of the Epilogue, you go outside the Conservatory and go right and you are outside the Workshop. You have a Hammer in your inventory, among other things. There is a trap door there that is locked. Then you go into the Workshop and there are some stones on the ground that says you have to break them.

Here is the problem. The first time I play a game, I take it slow and read everything. If I play it again, I play faster and may not read everything. The first time I played, I used the hammer to break the lock on the trap door and got an important item needed to complete the game. Then in the Workshop, I again used the hammer to break the stones, got another item, and then the hammer was removed from inventory. I was able to complete the Epilogue a few minutes after that.

The second time I played, I did NOT use the hammer to break the lock on the trap door first. I think the reason is that I only clicked on it once and it said, LOCKED, so I thought it needed a key. The first time I played, I clicked on it twice and it said the second time, I think I have to break this lock. So that's why I used the hammer on the lock. The second time I didn't do that and went into the workshop, used the hammer to break the stones, and then the hammer was removed from inventory, so I couldn't go back and use the hammer to break the lock on the trap door and couldn't complete the game.

So that's the bug. If you use the hammer on the stones in the workshop first, it disappears and you can't then use it on the trap door lock and can't complete the Epilogue. Obviously, an item is not supposed to be removed from inventory when you still need it in another scene.

To avoid this bug, make sure you use the hammer to break the lock on the trap door outside the Workshop first. Then, use the hammer on the stones inside the Workshop, and you will be able to complete the Epilogue. I hope this helps and good luck.

END OF SPOILER ALERT!

Edited on 01/18/2013 at 11:13:20 PM PST

[Post New]by shannon_2121 on May 12, 13 6:08 PM
I'm stuck right at the very beginning of Chapter 2. I bought this game today and have been enjoying it so far, but am a little bit disappointed that something happened to it so quickly. I am in the ski lift right when it has crashed. I patched up her knee and when to play the Hidden Object Sequence at the top of the crashed ski lift car. There were two movable objects in that cabinet. One was to put in the slot and the other was some tape to cover the exposed wires. However, I picked both of them up, clicked the exposed wires with them and they have just disappeared behind the exposed wires, so there is no way I can get to them anymore. I'm not sure what to do? You actually cannot see the two necessary pieces anymore. They have disappeared completely. Any advice?

Patz155
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Patz155 on Jun 22, 13 2:30 PM
My "hint" button isn't working? I am playing on "casual", and get absolutely NO dialog what-so-ever......I've un/re installed this game twice!?!?!?

[Post New]by soilsenasuil on Jan 4, 14 6:09 PM
Hi I was in Chapter 2 at the Clock makers store looking gtfor the directory when I dropped the key behind a clock and now can't find it? Is there a way do do this besides starting completely over? I had to start over when I dropped and egg behind the carton in the first chapter first scene.... please tell there is a way to get the key without starting over...

Ipad stuck on Authenticating

[Post New]by ghengus on Sep 29, 14 6:50 PM
Hi
I purchased the inapp upload for the full game, however it is continually stuck on authenticating.
I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, shutting down completely and restarting. When I click the unlock now, it redirects me to pay via iTunes, provides a message saying that I have already purchased the full version and it will be restored, and then starts and gets stuck on authenticating.
Please help.
Many thanks
Ghengus

Go to: