Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Yoo hoo - calling AJUMA! (Unusual game alert!!)

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:15 AM
Yes I know....... I could have just PMd Ajuma, but there may be others interested too .

Request to the Mods - I have posted this (and more much detail) in the review thread already, so could this please stay in CCC for a least 24 hours (?) as it is meant as a heads up to anyone who hasn't noticed the game, so if you move it to the game forum they won't see it. TIA (hopefully )

Ajuma, as soon as I saw today's soft release (ETA , Frederic: Resurrection of Music), I thought of you and how you sometimes ask for unusual games .

Anyone else who liked Mevo and the Grooveriders may also want to check this out:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/20484/frederic-resurrection-of-music/index.html

The link from game page to its forum wasn't working earlier - I had to find it from forums list so here's a link to it:

Frederic: Resurrection of Music Forum

I just posted a detailed review & I won't repeat it all here but I will just make 2 points about it (for those who like to try a game before reading reviews).........

1) You can skip the (lengthy) cut scene at the start (using the space bar) without losing much IMO (and can skip all others the same way too)

2) Although the help section does explain fully how it works, I think I benefited from having tried just getting the basic notes right first in blissful ignorance of what the coloured tails, left/right green arrows and golden letters meant. That maybe would have been too much to try to do all at once........... so I recommend just jumping in and simply trying to hit the right notes at the right time to begin with and then reading the help part later and maybe trying for some bonus points then.

ETF typo

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 7:47:51 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Yoo hoo - calling AJUMA! (Unusual game alert!!)

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 6:38 AM
Hi Daisy_May,

You got me! I will have to try that game out now!

I will leave this thread in the CCC for the time being as per your request and pop it over to the Game Forum before I swim off home.

Just to let you know, I have requested that the link to the Forum be fixed, so that should be sorted out soon.

Fellow Fishies - for the time being, you can click here to visit the Forum for that game, or use the link I made clickable in Daisy_May's post!

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 6:39:54 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:47 AM
Thanks for the reply Baikal - hope you enjoy the game.

& thanks for not moving it right away, but if you are on Ireland time that only gives it a few hours. Is there any chance you could pass it over to one of the Seattle mods to move just before their (8 hours later) hometime instead please?

Pretty please?

<- fluttering my eyelashes, trying to look sweet (can't really carry it off but it's in a good cause!).

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 6:55:38 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:48 AM
Oops didn't see you there Coors.

You're welcome . I hope you like them both.

ETA and yes - 'different' makes a nice change!

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 6:49:26 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 6:58 AM
OOPS again!! I edited my OP to fix a typo, not realising that it would break Baikal's link.
Guess that's because it re-posted as me and I don't have ability to post links.

Sorry folks

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 7, 12 7:04 AM
I apologize, I have read this and still confused...What game?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 7, 12 7:19 AM
I'm sorry CiChDa - it would have clearer if I hadn't edited the OP and accidentally broken the link that Baikal made, but I've now added its name into where I said todays soft release as well, to hopefully make it clearer.

it's Frederic: Resurrection of Music - todays soft release.... so you can get to it from the homepage today.

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 7:21:44 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 7:49 AM
Not to worry - the links have been fixed - I will flag this thread to the Mods in Seattle, and they can move it later.

It makes sense to leave it as is given that the Forum link is currently broken.

Swim strong Fishies!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 7:58:22 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 8, 12 12:55 AM
As that Forum link is now fixed, I will pop this over to the Frederic: Resurrection of Music Forum now, to keep things tidy!

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Go to: