bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 8, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Dec 8, 12 10:02 AM
After installing the demo it immediately said "trial expired" before I could even click the play icon. Would reinstalling it do any good or should I try another computer? I have never tried this game or the collector's edition. Thank you for any help.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 8, 12 1:00 PM
Hi Pinkbudgie, have you beta tested this? I'd recommend uninstalling & reinstalling (make sure you've got all the game removed).

K

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Dec 8, 12 3:03 PM
Hi Kamana 29,
Good thought, but no, I didn't beta test this one. I did try it on my laptop and the demo is ready to go there, so I guess I'll just do that. Odd though...

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 8, 12 3:45 PM
Hi Pinkbudgie,

As Kamana_29 recommended, I would try reinstalling the game to see if that gets the trial working. Sometimes some information gets mixed up and that may help. Our help article here has more information on doing that if you'd like to take a look:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, you can also contact our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Dec 10, 12 7:51 PM
Dear BIGFISH,

This is a general comment made in the spirit of good will. I have a suggestion and I sincerely hope I state it with clarity.

Some of us purchase a high number of games. I tend to purchase CE's because I can't stand waiting for a good games SE version to be available. Even though the differences between the versions in terms of extras comes down to wanting the bonus chapter in the CE, The Walkthrough made available is just the SG in a CE, while to many this is trivial, just convenient for it to be clickable within the game. pro grammatically this is trivial to add or hide.

Now to get to my nit. BF posts tomorrows release today, it is a CE version and try the demo, I am hooked right away and make a purchase. Some number of days go by and BF posts tomorrows release today and its an SE version, I always look at the submitted reviews, there are only 8 so space candidate that I am I really do not notice that it is a SE version of a CE version that I already own. Here is the crux of the problem BF it would be simple for you to save us from ourselves. You already save us should we try to purchase an SE that we already own. Checking for a CE owned game of the same title when you attempt to download the SE version is simple. Agree that some may have a legit reason to do so however a simple popup that said you own the CE version are you sure you want to buy the SE? Yes No. I believe you already do this for say an attempt to repurchase say an SE of a game you own. Its just a search with Collectors Edition (or not) tacked on. Not difficult to program.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 11, 12 3:22 AM
Hi pgillenw,

I think that is a a great idea because I know myself, I get a little confused as to whether I have played some games yet or not.

I will be sure to pass this suggestion along because I know our Engineering Team is interested in putting something like this into operation.

Just to assure you that if you ever purchase the SE version of a CE game you have already played, please get in touch with Customer Support as we will always swap out that order - we definitely won't leave you with two versions of the same game.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 13, 13 4:21 PM
i like the game & might buy except that it moves very slow from scene to scene & objects are picked up slowly, floating into the inventory. could that be fixed?

[Post New]by jep2nv on Feb 24, 13 10:08 PM
I cannot get the clock to open. I set the hands and then it tells me to grab the item, the clock face will not move to get the item. Help

Go to: