bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 9, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 9:32:03 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 9, 12 1:20 AM
I keep getting a Code 0 URL. It says to turn off firewall. Windows firewall is not on, and I have Nortons. I do not know why or how to turn off Nortons firewall. I have bought 100's of games here and never had this problem. Any help or suggestions would be awesome. Thank you.

Chamuel82
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Chamuel82 on Dec 9, 12 1:51 AM
If you have Norton ,you should have a Norton icon on your desktop! Right click on it and when it opens you should see ' Disable smart firewall' ,click on that and Norton should be turned off !
Just don't forget to enable it again after finishing the demo!
Hope that helps !
Happy Gaming !

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

UNPLAYABLE

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Dec 9, 12 2:03 AM
The game freezes seconds into game you cannot escape and have to reboot to get out this happened twice.
No buy for me till fixed

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 9, 12 2:35 AM
frazerpaul, I am with you, games keeps freezing couple seconds into the game..starts again for a second, freezes again, keeps repeating this cycle...no buy for me for sure! Sure am having issues with some games lately and my computer is up to date.....

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 9, 12 2:36 AM
This is terrible! Unfortunately I bought the game sight unseen, have been playing for half an hour and have had two instances with the game freezing and an access violation message. Not to mention the painfully slow transition times and the music going on freeze as well. Extremely slow and buggy! The first time I got an access violation message, when I went back in the game it asked me for a report but when I agreed to send it, nothing happened for the longest time, so I canceled. Not a good game to purchase as I found out!

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 3:00:50 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 9, 12 2:44 AM
Thank you Chamuel82. I will give it a whirl.

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 9, 12 3:00 AM
Here we go again! Another access violation... 3 in less than an hour... They can happen at any time, but especially when trying to access the journal or the SG.

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 3:01:41 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 9, 12 3:16 AM
For those whose game is freezing,

My pc is only 2 months old and I allow HP and Windows to automatically update.

However, Thursday's CE would not play on my pc, it kept freezing after each screen change, even after I un-installed and re-installed it! I had to ctl/F4 once and ctl/alt/del twice to close the game!

I went to both Windows and HP, just to be sure because I really wanted to play the game, and they both showed I was current on all updates.

Finally, I went to Invidia, who supplies my graphics and there was one new update I didn't have.
Installed it and re-d/led the game and it plays beautifully and so does this one!

To plushmoon, however, I was not getting any access violations!

Just a thought!

BK

ETA plushmoon, YAVW, I just hope it helps

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 3:27:35 AM PST

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 9, 12 3:18 AM
Thanks BK, I did update my (ATI) card drivers recently, but I will look again.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 9, 12 3:24 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry that so many of you keep seeing freezes and access violations with the game!

When you see errors like this it might help already to get everything up to date by following the steps you can find here.

If you still see those errors and freezes, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can start to investigate this issue and find out what exactly is causing these problems. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 3:24:36 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 9, 12 3:46 AM

I had a problem seeing the whole body of Charles Dexter Ward in the first scene where you click on him to speak (on the dock). All I could see was his arm.

I went back and disabled "special effects" and had the same result: disembodied arm.

Too bad as I like Lovecraft inspired games.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on Dec 9, 12 4:07 AM
My game crashed two times in the demo...but in the full version I dont have any problems. ( Took the change and bought it)

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Dec 9, 12 4:23 AM
I read the technical issues, downloaded the demo and had no problems, so I bought the game and now I have a slow, jerky movement every time I do something, HOS, moving from scene to scene, etc. There has to be a fix for this. It is annoying. I'll wait a bit for a fix and then I'll have to request a refund if there is none. My graphics card is up to date because of the last two CE's where there were problems!

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 9, 12 4:42 AM
Well, did everything, updated absolutely everything as suggested in the relevant help page, ran the game in compatibility/ administrator mode and it actually ran a lot worse, ran it normally again and nothing has been resolved - I am on my fifth freeze/ access violation! I refuse to uninstall and re-install because I am on a limited internet program. Seems to me it's not my issue. Will try to finish the game but if I get too fed up, I will indeed write to CS and request a refund.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 9, 12 5:25 AM
Heya Fishies!

jkuci - That sounds spooky! You could try to update your drivers as this is often the cause for display issues with a game like you are experiencing them right now.

chicabees - Great to know that the game works fine after the purchase!

LKlimo - As your game seems to work fine during the demo, it could help to give it an quick uninstall and reinstall to get all the files back in place!

plushmoon - I'm sorry that the steps provided in our help articles didn't help to solve your problem. I can definitely understand how frustrating that must be for you!

I would recommend you and everyone that tries these steps and still finds their game not working to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll gladly have a look at that for you!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 9, 12 5:46 AM
Chamuel82 wrote:If you have Norton ,you should have a Norton icon on your desktop! Right click on it and when it opens you should see ' Disable smart firewall' ,click on that and Norton should be turned off !
Just don't forget to enable it again after finishing the demo!
Hope that helps !
Happy Gaming !

The "smart firewall" that comes with my Norton360 is enabled and never needs to be disabled.

I have been playing for several hours now, and have not had any kind of problems with the game, thank goodness.

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Dec 9, 12 6:58 AM
It is running really slo9w and jerky and then I get an error violation. What is wrong with this game and can it be fixed as I like thyis one and want to play it.

bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Dec 9, 12 7:02 AM
This is a new one for me. The only part of the game I get is in the upper left corner of the screen. It should be the part that is in the lower right corner. In other words, al I see is the hint button, the strategy guide button, and then his arm. I hear him, just can't see him. Please help. thank you.

PS. I have Windows 8.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Dec 9, 12 7:10 AM
Yes I'm getting REALLY slow scene changes, then everything froze a few minutes in, had to close laptop lid for a few minutes so that I could even get off the game screen, as hitting the windows key didn't work. Then got access violation. Am re-installing to see if that does the trick. My laptop updates everything automatically so doubt it would be that, other games are fine.

Have reinstalled, hit play, and after the Big Fish screen was another saying this,

"The previous session has failed. May we upload a crash log report, which will be used exclusively for debugging purposes to improve the game quality? Personal info will not be sent. Thank you very much"

Since I don't recognise the company, I said no, but to me, this would suggest that they are aware of problems. I continued on to the game, the screen changes were still painfully slow, then I got kicked out with another access violation.

Am not trying again until there's been an update, as it looks like a fairly promising game and I don't want to waste the demo

Go to: