bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Twilight School

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 11, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Twilight School? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Twilight School page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Twilight School

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 11, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 11, 12 12:56 AM
Apologies to the Devs and BF, I had it on easy mode so there were far more sparkles, my bad.

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 1:36:03 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 11, 12 1:21 AM
I got the game with a coupon. It has cartoon graphics and no voiceovers. But I'd like it. Caught my attention from the start...so I'd like find out what happens in the storyline. I'm just glad to get a SE for a change. It's a mediocre game. At least give it a try. Enjoy!

No: Widescreen
No: Voiceovers
Yes: Custom Cursor
Yes: Skip Button
Yes: Hog Scenes
Cartoon Graphics
Yes: OCM (occult subject matter) for those who like to know.
Modes of Play: Casual/Expert
Sprakles in Casual mode.
Theme: Magic Mystery

I rate this game: “PORK BELLY”
A likable game for some...but not for everyone. It’s mediocre.

It's a buy for me!
‘ ‘
(o)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 11, 12 1:46 AM
Talk about coming out of nowhere!! Where has this game been for the last 5 years?? Because that's how old it looks!!

Graphics are straight out of 2007----and not good examples from that year. (very fuzzy)

The story is an absolute mess, with illogical leaps everywhere.

At the beginning you must "gather your things". (Always a red flag!!)

The hint system (thank goodness it's there, because without it you would not know what in the wide world to do next) is clunky as can be.

The puzzles are awkward and very old fashioned (pipe-style, etc.)

And along about the 3rd HOS they asked for an item I can't even type here because it will be removed. And THAT'S when I found myself actually laughing at the game. Really, it's that bad. But, strangely, I found myself moving forward just to see what bit of ridiculousness was coming next. And it didn't disappoint me in that regard. Just my mood, maybe, but I began to wonder if these devs are putting us on. The game hasn't got a single redeeming quality, and maybe that's the point----the whole thing might just be a goof. So I found myself laughing at how bad it is. And I guess, in that regard, I was having fun.

I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks of this----I DO need a new mousepad.

So if you give it a go, expect absolutely nothing, because that's what you'll get.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 11, 12 2:13 AM
Oh my:.............. words escape me on this one. You'll either hate it,love it, or want the mouse pad...........................TRY THIS GAME OUT FOR YOURSELF....................

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 11, 12 2:25 AM
Like Lisa there was no widescreen for me either not even with the full screen ticked but it didn't really bother me unlike the amount of little bursts of light that they have in most scenes.

When you click on an object in a hidden object scene there is a small burst of purple light which for some strange reason bothered my eyes so I had to wait until one had vanished before clicking on another object as I found it too much when there were several on the screen at the same time.

Some of the minigames have little bursts of light too but I had to completely abandon the one in the maths lab because with two 'computers' connected and pulsing bright green and lights moving along from them to the centre square I just couldn't tolerate it long enough to connect the other two computers up.

Most of the hidden object scenes are OK but there is an occasional object hidden in the dark and I would swear that the bucket was invisible because even when the hint told me where it was I couldn't see it but when I clicked there the scene ended so I must have found it. By the way when you come to look for a "whisk" put aside all preconceived notions of what a whisk looks like and look for a Spoiler - highlight to read Ken Dodd tickling stick (which is a multicoloured duster on a stick) .

I would have liked to have bought this game but I am not sure my eyes would thank me for it but try it for yourself and see as it could just be that my eyes are getting less tolerant the older I get.

Cherb

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 11, 12 3:06 AM
Morning all...

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is... nothing else that comes to mind. So lets move on...

The diary is at the left.

The hint button is at the right. It takes about 25 seconds to refill in Easy mode.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are not interactive.

Puzzles can be skipped. The Skip button fills instantly.

--- --- ---

For those peeps who are pentagram-phobics, there are loads of them.

Graphics are very nicely done. I like them especially in the HOS, of which there are quite a few.

You can't use a back, left, or a right arrow to move to different areas. There is an arch at the right, next to the Hint button, which has little rings on them. You have to click on one of those to move to another area.

This is a really nice game, but not for me. I found it rather unexciting, so I won't be buying it. And I don't need a mousepad anyway. LOL Not with my laptop.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Dec 11, 12 3:24 AM
graphics weird was looking for a whisk which turned out to be a feather duster had to use hint on that one game not so good but need a new mouse pad so bought it sorry big fish you can do better than this game

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 11, 12 4:01 AM
All I can comment about this game is that I am so glad I already own a Big Fish mousepad!!!!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Dec 11, 12 4:36 AM
Even though the game starts lame, as in, what is going on? I found this game strangely addicting. The story just sort of draws you in.

I have to agree with previous post that the lights flashing when you find an object in the ho scene is annoying and should of been left out. Otherwise, I found the ho scenes to have good graphics.

I would suggest trying this game for yourself to see if you like it.

I will wait to see if this has a good length before I buy even though I could use the mouse pad

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 11, 12 5:34 AM
i like it...just finished the game, and I thought it was good. Yes, the devs used some odd names for some items in the hos, but I don't mind that as it is part of the challenge to figure out what they talking about. Most items I did find on my own, and I did laugh at some of them. The story was interesting, as were the characters, and it moved along quite nicely. And the music fit too. I had fun with it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 11, 12 5:43 AM

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 7:31:37 AM PST

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Dec 11, 12 6:19 AM
I have to agree with most of the posts. I played the demo and then decided to buy the game anyway just to see what would happen. It was interesting as far as trying to figure out what they were talking about. Used a gcc so I didn't waste any regular credits or money. this is definitely a game that you would have to make your own decision on. Thank you all for the wonderful reviews. have a great day.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Dec 11, 12 6:26 AM
This is not a bad little game although most of you gave it a thumbs down. I like the storyline so bought it to find out how it ends. It took me awhile to get used to things being something they really weren't, like the bottle cap being called a cork. I think you should at least try it for yourselve and you might find you like it.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 11, 12 6:31 AM

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 7:33:45 AM PST

[Post New]by critteranne on Dec 11, 12 6:43 AM
cathyok wrote:This is not a bad little game although most of you gave it a thumbs down. I like the storyline so bought it to find out how it ends. It took me awhile to get used to things being something they really weren't, like the bottle cap being called a cork. I think you should at least try it for yourselve and you might find you like it.

I have been trying it, and I think I kinda like it. The bottle cap = cork thing got me. In an earlier HO puzzle, I felt really silly looking all over for a pin, and the bowling pin was right in front of me.

Anyway, I've looked at mouse pads at the store, and the decent ones will run around the cost of the game. ...

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Dec 11, 12 8:20 AM
This is a very boring game. I really dislike the music, so much so that I played the trial with no sound. The graphics are really strange, vaguely reminding me of anime, in it's early stages. I see no point in buying this game, what with all the imaturish things going on; certainly not inticed to do so with the gift of a free mouse pad.

There are so many more really good games yet to play, there is no place in my inventory for such an uninteresting TGT.

Sorry, the game just doesn't appear to me and for those who do like it, enjoy!

'Nuff said.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 11, 12 8:32 AM

OK, I'm swimming against the downstreaming opinions here.

I almost didn't even download the demo because of all the negative feedback in the reviews here. I expected a HdO type game based on the comments.

I was pleasantly surprised by the game, graphics and the story. I especially like the story.

....so, I bought it (with a punch) and I don't even need a new mouse pad - but I'll take it..

addendum: the dev lists a Russian office location, (Novosibirsk) and the game was first released about a year ago.

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 8:49:48 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 11, 12 11:41 AM
Just can't decide on this one - will probably leave in my GM for a while and look at it again. On the one hand it's tres "Tweeny" - which is great; if you're a Tween (I'm soooo not...) On the other hand, I am intruigued by the story and it's a pretty game with a very violet color pallet that appeals to me.

So...hrm...I already have a mousepad - so I don't have to factor that into my decision making process for the day!

Fun to play on Expert, it takes some stumbling about to figure out how to play & that's always a fun challenge!

For sure worth looking at the demo - this is one that may just flip your switch.

Happy Gaming

Go to: