paper scrap?

marker117
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

paper scrap?

[Post New]by marker117 on Dec 11, 12 3:32 AM
I'm stuck on a hidden object scene. It says "paper scrap", when I use the hint button it glows on what looks like a satchel and when I click on it nothing happens. I tried clicking all over the area and just ended up with the spider webs for random clicking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:paper scrap?

[Post New]by catspaws on Dec 11, 12 4:27 AM
Same here,I've clicked all round there for ages,but can't get it

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 11, 12 4:35 AM
There is a "paper scrap" in the direction of the lower left. It looks beige and rectangular. I had no problems clicking on it when I used the Hint button to show me where it is.

Good luck with that.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Dec 11, 12 4:42 AM
me too i cannot find paper scrap either have looked all over even in lower left but no joy there any suggestions anyone /////?

[Post New]by westielover on Dec 11, 12 5:10 AM
Same problem here. Have tried in both areas but no joy. Have just tried deleting & reinstalling but still have problem. Poss problem in game?

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 5:29:52 AM PST

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Dec 11, 12 8:59 AM
I am having the same problem finding the scrap of paper in this scene. I remember playing the same scene earlier and the same scrap of paper was on the list. It was there the first time, not the second time and the hint shows it to be in the same place as the first time I did this scene.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 11, 12 9:08 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Sorry to hear about those troubles with that scrap of paper.

If uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and checking for the most up-to-date video card driver doesn't help, it may be a specific techinical issue with the game.

Please be sure to write to Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. They'll work with you to help figure that out!

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by questforspirit on Dec 11, 12 9:55 AM
scrollingmama wrote:I am having the same problem finding the scrap of paper in this scene. I remember playing the same scene earlier and the same scrap of paper was on the list. It was there the first time, not the second time and the hint shows it to be in the same place as the first time I did this scene.
I have the same problem, the paper scrap was found earlier in this scene and used on the desk. Now its asking for paper scrap and it is not there.

[Post New]by SilllySmiley on Dec 11, 12 11:05 AM
Has ANYONE gotten the scrap of paper issue corrected yet? I just got to that area and am having the exact same problem. Uninstalled game...reinstalled game. Still same problem. Ummmm....FIX IT!!!????

I went back and started a new game under hard mode (which is extreamly easy also) and had no problems what so ever playing the game. Ya'll might want to try it on hard mode. Worked for me.

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 1:40:43 PM PST

[Post New]by atcat57 on Dec 11, 12 11:09 AM
Same problem here, wish I hadn't bought it now!

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Dec 11, 12 11:53 AM
Exact same problem. Why should it take so long for someone to correct it when there are this many complaints?

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 11:54:30 AM PST

[Post New]by questforspirit on Dec 11, 12 12:53 PM
I started a new profile and replayed, that time it didn't ask for the scrap of paper and I finished the game.

[Post New]by hjcbc1 on Dec 11, 12 7:19 PM
Same problem here scrap of paper

marker117
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by marker117 on Dec 11, 12 11:25 PM
I was in hard mode when it messed up, but I'm glad it worked for you Sillly Smiley. I was really only so-so about the game before it messed up so, I'm just going to trashcan it.

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Dec 12, 12 12:00 AM
questforspirit wrote:I started a new profile and replayed, that time it didn't ask for the scrap of paper and I finished the game.

I did this as well....and ALMOST finished the game.....was playing a scene in the literature room and was asked for the "handle"....same scenario as the scap of paper...it was there the first time...not there this time <sigh>

[Post New]by fyrebyrd92 on Dec 12, 12 12:38 AM
I restarted the game with a new profile and in the harder mode . I to the same spot and was asked for the scrape paper that wasn't there . Your right what a waste of money . I am going to try the reinstall I hope it works this time but I wouldn't count on it

REDRAM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by REDRAM on Dec 12, 12 1:03 AM
I`m having the same problem I cannot find the paper scrap the hint keeps showing me the satchel but it is not there. This game is not right.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 12, 12 4:03 AM
Same problem here.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Dec 12, 12 8:36 AM
Ditto!
Valdy, there are two scenes, where it asks for the paper scrap. The second one quite at the end of the game. And there it doesn´t show up, where it should.
l won´t start over, too many games, where l was asked to do that.

This is just good for trashing it. Wasted money..

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 12, 12 10:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about those continued issues with the scraps of paper.

If you haven't already it would be helpful if you'd write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix
. Not only will they help with some options for the game, but the more information they're able to collect about it the more quickly we'll be able to notify the developers about the issue.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Go to: