Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Abrupt ending

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Dec 11, 12 10:48 AM
I still had a lot of items in my inventory, and tasks to complete. Morphs to find. I used an article from my inventory, and.........................all of a sudden, I was in a cut scene and the game was over. I buy a game to play it all the way through, not have it suddenly end. I checked the strategy guide, and there were a lot of other tasks I was supposed to complete first, but I wasn't using the SG, so how was I supposed to know that? I tried to go back into the game, but all it would let me do was start a new one. I don't want to play the entire game just to do the last few parts at the end. I even checked the bonus chapter, thinking that the game was continued there, but it was completely different.

It sort of ruined the game for me. Now I will never know what happens when you find all those little alien figurines and put them in that little scene.

By the way, it was one of several locations on the map that were green, so obviously I just picked the wrong one. In my opinion, that area should remain inaccessible until you complete all the other tasks.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Abrupt ending

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Dec 14, 12 1:06 AM
There weren't any inventory items left for me when I finished the game, but I do agree that the end was kind of abrupt in terms of how the story ended.

I found all of the aliens about halfway through the game. It's weird that you made it to the end without finding them and were able to continue on. It sounds like it could possibly be a glitch, since I had to find all of the aliens in order to move forward in the game. You might want to talk to BFG Customer Service about that.

I didn't find all of the morphs either, but I don't think you need to find them all in order to complete the game. I don't really care about finding morphing objects, so I wasn't really paying much attention to them. It seems to me like it's a bonus that you can choose to do if you want, but if you don't want to find them, you can still complete the game without doing so.

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 1:10:42 AM PST

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Dec 16, 12 3:03 AM
I went back and checked the strategy guide, and I was only on page 63 - 30 pages to go! I fixed the plug in the spaceship room, and started to play the arcade game. Immediately I was switched to a cut scene, and the game was over. I never even went to the orphanage! I will try deleting and reloading the game, but it is not much fun to play the game over after just finishing it. I wanted to see if it happened to anyone else, but it looks like it was just me! I know about the morphs, I don't worry about them much either.

Kathyj77
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyj77 on May 1, 13 6:25 PM
I was by the aliens in the tube looking things, did some kind of code and then I don;t even know what happened. I went back to the start and I was done! OMG LOL! I though the walkthrough indicated more places to go, maybe I'm wrong.

Go to: