bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 12, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 11, 12 3:37 PM
Great News, Fishies!

We've received an updated version of Twilight School.

This new version fixes "806" activation error that some players were experiencing.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!

If you have any other problems, please contact our Tech Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Thank you so much for your patience as we worked out this issue!



bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 3:38:27 PM PST


 
tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by tinyzac on Dec 11, 12 8:28 PM
im miffed have uninstalled reinstalled game with same results cannot find paper scrap or anything resembling it have used hint repeateldy where it showed me but no result have looked everywhere in scene roped friends and family in all looking for paper scrap but all we got was cobwebs on screen for repeated clicking help please cannot finish game without it please help

 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by pammie1961 on Dec 11, 12 8:38 PM
Have also uninstalled game and reinstalled game and still no paper scrap.

 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 12, 12 4:29 AM
pammie1961 wrote:Have also uninstalled game and reinstalled game and still no paper scrap.
Same here.

 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by mafromcolumbiamo on Dec 12, 12 12:46 PM
tinyzac wrote:im miffed have uninstalled reinstalled game with same results cannot find paper scrap or anything resembling it have used hint repeateldy where it showed me but no result have looked everywhere in scene roped friends and family in all looking for paper scrap but all we got was cobwebs on screen for repeated clicking help please cannot finish game without it please help

 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by mafromcolumbiamo on Dec 12, 12 12:47 PM
Same issue!! Did anyone play this game before release?

 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by mafromcolumbiamo on Dec 12, 12 12:58 PM

 
bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 12, 12 1:36 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm so sorry to see that you're running into issues even after getting the updated version of this game!

If you haven't already done so, please reach out to our Tech Support Team again and let them know about this continued issue. As with the activation trouble, having as much info as possible about what's going on with the scrap of paper (particular system details, nature of how it the problem comes up, etc.) will really help us pinpoint the trouble and get it addressed as quickly as possible.

They will need a new Dr. Felix Report based on this updated version of the game, too. So please send that along when you create your support ticket on the Contact Us page.

Thanks so much!!!



bfgMonongahela

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 1:37:36 PM PST


 
bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 12, 12 3:38 PM
Hi Fishies,

More good news! We have an updated PC version now available for Twilight School! This new version fixes issues with hidden object game objects.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

 
kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 12, 12 4:41 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

More good news! We have an updated PC version now available for Twilight School! This new version fixes issues with hidden object game objects.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine


The above red bolding is mine. So just out of curiosity, does this 2nd update just announced as resolving "issues with hidden game objects" actually fix the missing paper scrap issue and also the missing handle issue that is the hot topic in the tech issues thread?

If so, could a mod please post in the tech thread that the missing handle issue is definitely resolved. If this update was not intended to resolve the missing handle issue, we'll just keep waiting for that fix.

 
kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 11, 2012

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 13, 12 10:43 AM
kdubs wrote:
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

More good news! We have an updated PC version now available for Twilight School! This new version fixes issues with hidden object game objects.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine


The above red bolding is mine. So just out of curiosity, does this 2nd update just announced as resolving "issues with hidden game objects" actually fix the missing paper scrap issue and also the missing handle issue that is the hot topic in the tech issues thread?

If so, could a mod please post in the tech thread that the missing handle issue is definitely resolved. If this update was not intended to resolve the missing handle issue, we'll just keep waiting for that fix.


Well, no answer. So I decided to answer my own question...and Good NEWS!!

Since the Missing Handle issue had dead-ended the game for me anyway, nothing to lose. Uninstalled and reinstalled from my account which gave me the 2nd fix announced yesterday only in this thread. AND IT WORKED!! The Missing Handle was right back there where it was supposed to have been all along.

I sure hope it fixes the Missing Scrap of Paper issue too, but I never encountered that issue so not sure.

Since other players continue to post about the Missing Handle over in the tech thread, I'll copy the 12/12 mod's announcement and this answer over in that thread too.


 

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 12, 2012

[Post New]by teddibear1791 on Dec 13, 12 4:08 PM
Ran into a glitch. Cleaned the ring & gave it to the vampire to get the medal. Went through the cut scene & went back to where I had to give the ring to the vampire, NO ring in the inventory. Uninstalled & reinstalled game, still same glitch.

 
bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 12, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 13, 12 4:19 PM
Hi teddibear1791,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the ring even after getting the new version!

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see why the issue is still coming up for you. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!



bfgMonongahela

 
kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - December 12, 2012

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 13, 12 4:34 PM
Wow, talk about glitches. The second new version got me the handle, only to dash my hopes a short while later.

I posted an extensive explanation of the next dead-end I hit in the tech thread.

Then I threw in the towel and did live chat to get a refund. Although it hasn't shown up yet in my email, I'm sure it will eventually arrive. As usual, the rep was very nice and bonus -- he didn't even ask me to do another Dr. Felix since the incident for the one I did yesterday is still pending. I explained I wouldn't have done another one anyway cuz 2 dead-end glitches is 2 too many!

I hope others eventually get the game fixed enough that they can finish it.

 
 
 
 
Go to: