bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Post any Twilight School technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 11, 12 3:38 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight School technical issues here only

[Post New]by deejae101 on Dec 11, 12 4:50 PM
I didn't have the 806 error, but I have the issue with the handle missing in the HO scene in the literature room. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the new version, but the problem still remains an issue. I contacted Tech Support so hopefully they'll fix this problem too.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 11, 12 5:20 PM
Alas the new version is still asking me for the security key so won't activate. I will try CS's further suggestions later today.

Cherb

[Post New]by horsechica21 on Dec 11, 12 9:33 PM
I have the same issue with the handle in the HO scene. I hope it gets resolved soon.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Dec 11, 12 10:25 PM
I am having the handle issue too, the help shows me an empty spot in the HO. I will try uninstalling and re-installing and see if that helps.

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Dec 11, 12 10:40 PM
could some one please tell me where i'm supposed to find a security key for the stupid game????? whats the matter with you guys at BF your unloading inferiour games on us lately.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 12, 12 2:32 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear that some of you are still seeing the issue with the missing handle and also that some of you are being asked for a security key.

In both cases I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at that for you. They'll be more than happy to help you out so you can finally enjoy your game.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 7:43:55 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 12, 12 3:04 AM
The missing handle glitch is not something that has to do with our computers. It was on an earlier list and was then used as an inventory item. It's gone. The hint button points to the blank spot where the handle used to be.

This glitch occurs in Day 6 -- but it effectively dead-ends the game until we get a fix. Can't even get out of the scene calling for the missing handle.

This isn't like glitches which can be tougher to figure out because they relate to individual computer systems -- the handle isn't there -- plain and simple!

I always play along and go the Dr. Felix route when it's possibly my system. But come on! This is an item called for on a list that simply is not in the scene. I am of the opinion that BFG could be made aware of it by virtue of our posts (via moderators), thereby eliminating the need for each one of us to file individual service requests. Just sayin'.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 12, 12 3:24 AM
Heya kdubs,

Thanks so much for posting all these information.

While it sometimes can be difficult to understand why exactly we are asking for a Dr. Felix report, be assured that we don't do this for no reason.

The errors that make it into the game and that you see are initially errors that didn't appear during the extensive testing that is being done on all games before they are being published and while they might not be directly connected to your specific computer, our Dr. Felix helps us to find pointers as to why exactly this error or glitch is appearing.

This information can then be forwarded to the developer of the game so they can work on finding a fix so you can keep enjoying your game. Therefore getting as much information as possible from our Fishies is vital to getting a fix to you as soon as possible!

Thank you to everyone that has already helped us by contacting our Tech Support Team!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 7:41:02 AM PST

mumsyb
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mumsyb on Dec 12, 12 10:46 AM
liked the game until the missing handle would like to finish the game but cant go any further

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 12, 12 11:11 AM
I paid for the game....I had been enjoying it and would like to finish....but the defect won't let me (and others) finish. Asking that BFG just fix it without each of us having to file individual reports for the same glitch didn't work.

Now the choice -- trash the game or give in and provide the internal exam of my computer's private parts, affectionately known as Dr. Felix. It's darn lucky my computer isn't shy about having her innards probed and the results transmitted to total strangers.

Sent the Dr. Felix. Next question, will a fix come before I give up and just ask for a refund.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 11:12:27 AM PST

rpglady76
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by rpglady76 on Dec 12, 12 12:55 PM
I'm also having the handle dead-end problem. Was enjoying the game, but i hope this gets fixed soon. May have to ask for a refund, otherwise.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Dec 12, 12 4:30 PM
I had error code after error, after error code ( different codes everytime) downloading this game. Then I reinstalled after a day and it played fine until I couldnt find the handle in the jewelry case. Went to the forum,to try and get some tips, then I tried to go back to the game, and surprise, surprise, YET ANOTHER ERROR CODE!!!! I give up!

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Dec 12, 12 5:41 PM
Continuing to get an 806700 code and it wants to be activated. Try to activate and it goes back to the code.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 13, 12 6:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

We are really sorry to see that these issues are continuing.

The help we can provide here on the Forum is basic, for in-depth support you'll have to contact our dedicated (for those who haven't done so yet)Tech Support.

Even though many of you are experiencing a similar issue, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 13, 12 8:30 AM
The upgrade fixed my error code problem but now in the game I've come to a spot where I can't proceed. The hint button quit working completely. I need a crystal, a ruby and a key. I am at a complete standstill and see that quite a few people are stopped in the same place.

amamused
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by amamused on Dec 13, 12 8:42 AM
Dr. Felix report sent. Hope the "missing handle mystery" is solved soon so I can get on with this game.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 13, 12 10:45 AM
kdubs wrote:
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

More good news! We have an updated PC version now available for Twilight School! This new version fixes issues with hidden object game objects.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

The above red bolding is mine. So just out of curiosity, does this 2nd update just announced as resolving "issues with hidden game objects" actually fix the missing paper scrap issue and also the missing handle issue that is the hot topic in the tech issues thread?

If so, could a mod please post in the tech thread that the missing handle issue is definitely resolved. If this update was not intended to resolve the missing handle issue, we'll just keep waiting for that fix.

Well, no answer. So I decided to answer my own question...and Good NEWS!!

Since the Missing Handle issue had dead-ended the game for me anyway, nothing to lose. Uninstalled and reinstalled from my account which gave me the 2nd fix announced yesterday only in this thread. AND IT WORKED!! The Missing Handle was right back there where it was supposed to have been all along.

I sure hope it fixes the Missing Scrap of Paper issue too, but I never encountered that issue so not sure.

Since other players continue to post about the Missing Handle over in the tech thread, I'll copy the 12/12 mod's announcement and this answer over in that thread too.

Well folks, I am on my way again with this game. Things fell right in line as soon as I was able to finally finish that HOS with the Missing Handle.
I'm into Day 7 now, fingers crossed that there won't be any more issues.

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 12:12:24 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 13, 12 4:11 PM
After getting out of the missing handle scene (thanks to that second update released 12/12) I was so hopeful ....only to have my hopes dashed a bit later.

I was doing so well but I must have had a feeling what was coming cuz in each location, I used the hint button to be sure I wasn't missing any other task and couldn't use any of the 3 items in my inventory -- and each time the Sanctuary flashed.

So I went there -- clicked all around to be sure I wasn't missing an active area and then used the hint button to be sure the next move I was planning to make was the only move left.

The game said yep, go for it! So I did....and afterwords the demon was still hovering, the item I tried to give to him disappeared....and the game clicked me out to the main menu page.

So I went back into the game again and sure enough, even going around to every other area. Nothing to do anywhere and hint button no longer working....and the demon is still hovering....and the dialogue keeps telling me to "give him something".

Excuse me, I already did and it was a MAJOR FAIL and now I'm stuck again.

I'm not wasting another minute on it! I still haven't even had a response from the Dr. Felix I sent in yesterday. So I hope no one suggests I do another Dr. Felix for the hovering demon glitch cuz I'm throwin' in the towel and politely asking for a refund.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Dec 13, 12 8:40 PM
OK, I have found another glitch. I got through the most popular ones about the paper scrap and missing handle without any problems. BUT, I'm now stuck with 4 rubies, a bone and no working hint button. I've placed two of the 3 crystals where they belong. I just read in one of the posts that the bone is to be used to lure the cat out from under the cabinet in the Werewolf Hall. I saw that cat earlier, but now, cannot "make contact" with it. My cursor doesn't change or anything and won't let me click on the cabinet to give the cat the bone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still does not work.
Starting over with a new profile is out of the question. This game is just not worth playing all the way through again just to get to that point. I have no idea how much farther I have to go, but I'm guessing it's not too far since I only now have to look for the goblet.
If you moderators have any suggestions while I wait for Tech Support to open, I'm all ears.

thanks.
Linda.

Go to: