Senior Citizens sign in!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 28, 18 1:32 PM
Update available for iOS, downloading now.

Edit: new game mechanic! Buenos Aires Level 4, the goal is to find four hidden items. Each item requires clearing a 2x2 or 2x3 group of tiles. What’s odd is that the goal doesn’t require clearing all tiles, just the 16 or whatever ones hiding the hidden items. Said items look like squares of chocolate, yum!

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 2:40:58 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 28, 18 6:11 PM
And the next event city is called Wild Plains. It isn’t there yet, but it is listed as coming soon.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 29, 18 12:47 AM
I've got the update at last. Mine shows Kyoto as 'coming soon'. I'm also pleased to see the progress bar for each city has been reinstated.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 29, 18 12:51 AM
I managed to get the update this morning, so downloaded it, opened Buenos Aires with travel vouchers so I can finish of Milan whilst away and start on that one, as I won't have wifi, but as I have tons of those useless vouchers and nothing to do with them, might as well use them for this purpose. I had been going really slow in Milan waiting in hope for another marathon and didn't want to run out of levels, but can get through them quicker now and at least I have it all on the ipad ready to play as will have lots of relax time this weekend. However, even though I got it all on the ipad, I have not had a single minute today with packing etc to even look at it, just checked it was all through and cities will open up. I will check the progress bar later and if thats back, then thats a really good thing.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Mar 29, 18 1:20 AM
Well jules, you got your wish, there's another marathon on now. Have a wonderful weekend!

I am not too happy with Buenos Aires, the marathon will help, I can put the boosts to good use immediately .

The comjng cities sound intriguing. Kyoto is Japan's most beautiful city as it escaped the destruction of WWII. I am curious to see what they made of it.
Wild Plains sounds good too, howling wolves, galloping buffalo and block huts with camp fires..., or so I imagine

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 1:24:58 AM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 29, 18 4:22 AM
Just noticed that the green bars under the cities are back

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 29, 18 8:19 AM
Buenos Aires has some difficult looking levels, but when you figure out the puzzle, they are not too hard. As Kelvin said above, many of the levels with the chocolate squares show tiles that appear to be required to clear, but that is not necessary to pass the level. I don't know why that is, unless they give you a clue as to where you need to clear to find the chocolate. Anyway, it is always useful to check what is needed on any level.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Mar 29, 18 8:20 AM
snowmanvt wrote:The Everest challenge gave me 4 hours of unlimited lives today.

I got the time but wanted to wait to use it. When I went back to claim all the goodies (never having closed the game!) they were gone. I’m hoping the support team will restore them.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Mar 29, 18 1:54 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Buenos Aires has some difficult looking levels, but when you figure out the puzzle, they are not too hard. As Kelvin said above, many of the levels with the chocolate squares show tiles that appear to be required to clear, but that is not necessary to pass the level. I don't know why that is, unless they give you a clue as to where you need to clear to find the chocolate. Anyway, it is always useful to check what is needed on any level.

There's lots of misdirection in BA apart from the tiles that don't need to be cleared, like the frozen color blockers that have no function at all in 35, but with all this and double chains, ice, sand and what not, some levels are pretty confusing. Others really need patience and luck and some, like 37, the extra time from the marathon. It is definitely not a city that I would consider for 100%!

I wonder if the devs will change the bunnies on the chocolate into lamas or condors after Easter...

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 1:54:39 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 29, 18 3:43 PM
Hi folks, just wanted to jump in here to remind y'all to PM me with the monument info, and I hope everyone has a pleasant Easter weekend.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Mar 29, 18 11:51 PM
marie1931 wrote:Just noticed that the green bars under the cities are back

I’m still waiting for mine (here in the US).

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 11:54:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Mar 30, 18 5:37 PM
Hi Everybody.
Have not written as I have not been having much fun with GD, Cannot get through anything...Everest and Marathon, just stuck when getting close. The only thing going is the Treasure Chess, I am on day 147, anyone know what 150 will award?
I am stuck on Rio level 30 and still trying to finish New York with 9, I think , to go, it seems impossible. So close and so far away. I am only going through Tier 1 now for all the other cities, but still can be stuck for a long time like Rio 30 and not moving forward.
Thanks for listening. Happy Easter.

[Post New]by Woosywoosy1 on Mar 30, 18 5:39 PM
What does the green bars under the cities mean? Thanks.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 30, 18 5:57 PM
Woosywoosy1 wrote:Hi Everybody.
Have not written as I have not been having much fun with GD, Cannot get through anything...Everest and Marathon, just stuck when getting close. The only thing going is the Treasure Chess, I am on day 147, anyone know what 150 will award?
I am stuck on Rio level 30 and still trying to finish New York with 9, I think , to go, it seems impossible. So close and so far away. I am only going through Tier 1 now for all the other cities, but still can be stuck for a long time like Rio 30 and not moving forward.
Thanks for listening. Happy Easter.

You are not alone, I'm having a hard time making progress in Hong Kong, seems like the boards have got really tight all of a sudden

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Mar 30, 18 7:23 PM
Woosywoosy1 wrote:Hi Everybody.
Have not written as I have not been having much fun with GD, Cannot get through anything...Everest and Marathon, just stuck when getting close. The only thing going is the Treasure Chess, I am on day 147, anyone know what 150 will award.

3 x lightning strikes

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 31, 18 12:49 AM
The green bar beneath the city indicates % completeness.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 31, 18 6:56 AM
Either Buenos Aires is harder than I recall cities being after about Munich, or else my patience is lacking right now..... number of resources needed for monuments is still reasonable but several of the intern levels are really tough.

Edited on 03/31/2018 at 6:58:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Mar 31, 18 7:07 AM
Busy in Morocco. Any idea what the main picture is? Looks like some kind of canopies but really can't make it out. Just finished a level that I have no idea how I did it.Just matched gummies and they disappeared in all directions and then it was completed. Really weird.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 31, 18 7:26 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:Busy in Morocco. Any idea what the main picture is? Looks like some kind of canopies but really can't make it out. Just finished a level that I have no idea how I did it.Just matched gummies and they disappeared in all directions and then it was completed. Really weird.

I figured it was a bazaar. What level was the strange one?

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 31, 18 7:46 AM
Buenos Aires IS harder than any recent cities. There are new combinations of multiple items that must be accomplished to pass a level. For example, bombs, bricks, tiles and chocolate all in one level. I am actually enjoying the challenge, but I do have 100's of boosts in case I get frustrated.

Go to: