bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 12, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Garden Rescue: Christmas Edition

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 12, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 12:43:15 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 12, 12 4:18 AM
I played this on my iPad (released last week) and enjoyed it very much. If you already played the original Garden Rescue, this game is similar: same plants, same bugs (wearing winter hats and scarves sometimes), however it does have some additional powerup and the level layouts are different.

For those who got frustrated at how difficult Private setting was in the original, this game's Private setting is easier, I think due to getting more powerups. The Sergeant setting appears to be about as difficult as the original.

For those who have not played the original Garden Rescue, this is a tower defense game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 12, 12 5:32 AM

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 6:23:03 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 12, 12 7:13 AM
Yes, yes, yes.

Loved original Garden Rescue. Played it over and over.

Will definitely buy this.

If you like Plants versus Zombies you will like this.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 12, 12 3:05 PM
Happy Christmas to me
Happy Christmas to me
Happy Christmas to meee
Thank youuuu B F Gee

I have been playing the orignal Garden Rescue game practically every day since it was released and it is my 'go to game' when I only have a short time to play, when I need a break from dark/eerie adventure games and when I just need to relax so ...
just in case you haven't guessed ...
I absolutely love it and I haven't got tired of playing it yet.

To see that there is a new Christmas edition has just made my day and it is just as much fun at the previous one .

The bugs in this version look sooo cute in their little woollen hats, scarves and socks ... yes even the spiders LOL.

I really like that you can now collect any coins just by moving your cursor over them instead of having to click on each one and consequently it is faster to gather .

I think this game is slightly easier than the other because I have just managed to get 3 stars on the General difficulty for the first 4 levels ... on the previous game I could only ever do the first 2 levels .

The new powerups are great too, I especially like the freezing bomb and watching the boss beaing unable to escape from being bombarded by peas .

I think this is going to be another exCellent (yes I did notice ) game Games and I can't wait to play more.

Cherb

Merry Christmas Everyone

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Dec 12, 12 8:36 PM
The music to this sounds very nice - but that's all I get, nice Christmas music but no picture, just a blank screen.....really bummed, I liked the first game and I love Christmas - very disappointed that I can't play this.

mazomaiden
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by mazomaiden on Dec 13, 12 10:16 AM

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 2:51:11 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Dec 13, 12 10:27 AM
I really enjoyed the original game at first but I never did finish it fully.

The reason I didn't finish it was that I normally will play a level of a game like this over and over and over again in one session until I make the highest score (3* at general level in this case). It is the norm to start each level from scratch, as this game does too, for each new attempt, but in other games where enemies come along paths like this, I have always been able to speed the attackers up a lot, for earlier waves where I already have my strategy sorted, then slow down when I get to the problem area.

But the speed up in the first game was not enough of a speed up and I tended to get bored replaying the early waves while waiting to test a new strategy on the later ones, so I found myself not wanting to play long sessions trying to get it as I usually would and soon drifted onto other games.

Having discussed this in the forums for that game with the developer (how nice that they visited ) and been told they'd do a x4 speed in the next one
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/209802.page#4307718
- I was really pleased to see this one released.

BUT it doesn't have any faster option than the first one , so I am not sure how much I would play it if I bought it.

I am in 2 minds because it is still a lovely game, the devs have changed the coin collection method as we asked and I do love what they have done regarding the winter wear on the bugs, and the Christmas trees etc.

And it is just as good a quality game as before, so I am tempted to buy it anyway to support the devs, as I think we should encourage developers who make games like this instead of just HOG after HOG,............

......... but it feels like I would be wasting my money as I know I will get fed up with it too quickly *sigh*

Devs - how about helping me to jump off the fence by making a fix with a faster speed option - any chance of that?

(Btw it is not about it being promised and not done ..... you may have your reasons . So I'm not taking a huff or anything ... I just stopped enjoying the other game & think I'd be the same with this one unless there could be a patch to add a x4 speed option).

Here's hoping...........since you have done such a great job with both of these games, but that speed up would make playing over and over to get General level 3*s a lot more enjoyable..............

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 11:07:23 AM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 15, 12 6:29 AM
I loved the Garden Rescue game prior to this one and liked that one. This one is obviously very much the same, but with some improvements and was an instant buy.

The coin collection is simplified and gets collected automatically when you have the cursor over the coins. Plus there are more power-ups.

The game is sufficiently difficult and am playing the "Private" difficulty level at the minute and not always getting 3*. As with the other GR, I will probably work my way through the difficulty levels and try and get all 3*.

The bugs with the scarfs etc on are very cute!

Great game, a classic, IMO and one of my favourites. Fun, without too much stress and multiple clicking. Great stuff!! Love it.

Edited on 12/15/2012 at 6:29:35 AM PST

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Dec 17, 12 10:19 AM
Festive Fun

This is the Christmas version of the Garden Rescue tower defence/ strategy game. The game developers haven’t reinvented the wheel with this game, just put a festive spin on the game with a few tweaks here and there to make things interesting. I especially love the coin collecting system that they have implemented - great improvement.
The graphics are bright and cheery, music fitting the seasonal theme and the festive costumes the bugs/attackers wear are fun.
For those that are new to the Garden Rescue game or new to tower defence/strategy games in general this is a good game to start as there is a good tutorial guide. Loads of achievements to collect and upgrades and prizes too. If you are in the mood for a bit of holiday fun then give this game a try.

Lovin' it!

[Post New]by Janissi49 on Jan 11, 13 4:41 PM
I put the cart before the horse on this one. I haven't yet played the original, but I can say that this edition is so much fun. I'm enjoying it immensely.

The music is upbeat and cheerful, the game play, so far, has been most hilarious and somewhat challenging. In fact, I came to the thread to find out if there was some sort of strategy, but for as far as my review - I give it "two thumbs up!"

Now, when I'm done, I'll start the original.

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 4:41:48 PM PST

[Post New]by bwg44yrsold on Sep 15, 13 8:43 PM
after beating the game...there is a PADLOCK icon over the Play button..
how can we advance to another game level or is there one?

Go to: