[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 13, 12 12:27 AM
Any comments fishes?

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Today's DD December 13 12

[Post New]by jellow10 on Dec 13, 12 7:24 AM
This is a great game to pick up as a DD. I'm not sorry I got it at full price when it first came out. The scenes are very colorful and very "Old West" looking. Some of the objects are challenging to find, hidden in plain sight. Shooting the bandits is just silly fun. I've played it twice and seeing it appear as a DD makes me want to play it again. Well worth a trial at least.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 13, 12 3:35 PM
Normally, I wouldn't consider a Western themed game, but was glad I did for this one. This is a great deal at $2.99. I have played this game several times to try to earn more trophies and increase my score.

Options include music and sound volume, custom cursor and full screen control.

Adventure Mode: This must be played first.

Unlimited Mode: This is unlocked after you earn 50,000 points in Adventure Mode. You can return to any scene already played in Adventure Mode and race against the clock to earn Bronze, Silver or Gold trophies.

There are 5 episodes in the game, and a bonus Secret Mission. You must collect 150 Sheriff's Badges to unlock the Secret Mission.

There are voiceovers for some of the dialogue, but some you will have to read.

The storyline is fun - there is a mystery to be solved. The secret mission solves an additional mystery and offers more explanation in the story.

Hogs: There are approximately 32 HOg scenes in the regular game and 5 additional scenes in the Secret Mission.
Items to find are in coloured picture format. Items with a green background are regular items. Items with a tan background are evidence or inventory items, and are hidden inside or behind something. Tools are needed to reveal some items or evidence. The tools will go in to your inventory, which is next to items to be found list. Evidence found is used in the mini-games.
Some items are quite small and well-hidden, but graphics are crisp and clear.

Mini-Games: There are only 2 types of mini-games. 1. Evidence items (3 or 4 items) must be placed back in to comic book type scenes. You are briefly shown the scene, then it blacks out, and you must remember the general area where the items were. When you pick up an item to place, and move the cursor around the blacked out scene, it acts like a flashlight. When all items are placed, the story fills in on the scenes, like a comic book.
2. A shooting gallery. You must shoot gangsters as they pop up. You earn extra Sheriff's Badges for each gangster that you shoot. This is important if you are trying to earn enough Sheriff's Badges to unlock the Secret Mission, or earn trophies. The first time that I played the game, I skipped some of the shooting galleries, and didn't earn enough badges to play the Secret Mission.
The mini-games are at the end of each episode. First played is placing evidence, then shooting gallery, then another place evidence.

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 3:54:41 PM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 13, 12 3:52 PM
contd:

Hints: You are given 5 hints, and you earn more by shooting gangsters as they pop up on your screen.

Trophies: There are 72 trophies to be earned. Hover over any trophy to get details.

Stolen Items: Some locations have stolen items. You must find these for some of the trophies. A stolen item will sparkle when you hover over it. I had trouble keeping track of where stolen items were supposed to be located. You can read in the trophy room which locations have stolen items, but I had to keep going back to remind myself. I would have liked if somehow we were told in the scene that there was a stolen item to be found.

Sheriff's Badges: There are 3 or 4 Sheriff's Badges in each scene after you reach the Sheriff's Office. The first 5 Hog scenes did not have any badges. You are told when you have located all the badges to be found in a scene.
Also, as mentioned before, you earn badges in the mini-game. The most that I have earned is 227 total for the game. There is a trophy for 250, so back I'll go again to try for it :-)

Overall, there is so much to do in this game. It took me 3 hours to play the first time, but I missed a lot of trophies and used hints. Second time, it took me 4 hours, and then 5 hours the last time, as I was trying to earn the "no hint used in the game" trophy. Still didn't succeed, so I will definitely play again. Do give it a try for the DD price. It has become a surprising gem in my collection :-)

Go to: