bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 13, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 13, 12 2:29 AM
After playing the demo and bought the game, now I can not play the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 13, 12 2:33 AM
Morning, Dobbie...

As you said yesterday to me, I am now saying to you today: the game plays just fine for me.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Dec 13, 12 2:35 AM
Downloaded the game and couldn't get past Play. The game just closed every time I clicked Play.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 13, 12 3:03 AM
Valdy wrote:Morning, Dobbie...

As you said yesterday to me, I am now saying to you today: the game plays just fine for me.
Don't smile, Valdy!

I downloaded the newest driver. Hope that that works. I have never problems with the games.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 13, 12 3:10 AM
Having the same issue here...can't get past "play" - game shuts down.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 13, 12 3:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see that some of you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

As suggested, the best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 13, 12 3:34 AM
loridobs wrote:Downloaded the game and couldn't get past Play. The game just closed every time I clicked Play.

loridobs:
I uninstalled/reinstalled and made sure I had no other programs running while I did it, and it's running well now. After you click play, you may get a blank window which I think may be an options/difficulty window...click "continue" and the game should play normally. Once you're in, you can adjust your sound, difficulty level from the menu as usual.

If you can get past the blank window, you should be good to go!

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 13, 12 5:13 AM
(Win7x64)

I clicked Play and got a completely black screen. I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del. I then clicked the game listing in the taskbar and it played okay after that. But, I still get a black screen and short delay between scene changes. Odd since games from this developer usually work perfectly on my computer.

Closed game and then restarted it. Did not get the black screen that time. Could continue with the game for more of the demo.

Will edit this posting if I see more of the issue.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 13, 12 6:20 AM
I"m getting an error as soon as I click play, saying DL corrupt or missing. I reinstalled, same problem.

Game doesn't even open.

Win XP

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 6:21:12 AM PST

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Dec 13, 12 9:56 AM
I'm having the same problem. Loaded and reloaded, still shuts down after I hit the Play button. I download almost every day to try the games and have no problems so must be something with the game. I'm using Windows 7.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Dec 13, 12 10:13 AM
It loaded and opened just fine.
Whenever I hit play it stops working and closes. Reloaded once and tried 3 times.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 13, 12 11:08 AM
Hey Fishies,

It sounds like there are some similar issues with the game. I'm sorry to hear that!

Running the game as an administrator can sometimes help with those blank screen and game opening issues. That step helps make sure that the game has access to the resources needed to run the game. (Just click on the blue text for instructions if you'd like to try!)

Also, I would definitely contact Tech Support so they can help with further steps. They're great and will do everything they can to help with those issues!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 11:09:27 AM PST

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 13, 12 11:18 AM
I have a Mac OSX 10.6.8. There is no music in the game, only in the opening screen. Seems like every Elephant game has this issue. Also on my MacBook Pro running 10.7.5.

I was just through this last week with Tech Support for Christmas Stories Nutcracker. It's a known issue. Yet another game I would purchase as a CE, but it won't play properly on either computer.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Dec 13, 12 3:03 PM
Not thinking this was originally a tech issue, but my original subject was locked, so I am moving it here as per the mods request:

For some reason, this game keeps reactivating Mountain Trap: The Manor of Memories, which I had betaed a while back. Was this the original name of the game? Or is this some crazy fluke?

Thanks for your help.

If anyone else has betaed the same game and is having the same problem, could you let me know. Thanks again.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Dec 13, 12 3:04 PM
I can play but it is so slow I can't stand it. Also got a message about not having enough accelerator and disabling special animation. I would love to play but after 2 installs I give up. Never had this problem before.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 14, 12 1:20 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to read that you are having troubles to run the game properly.

RyeMcLaughlin, as this seems to be occuring with more than one game, it is best to reach out to our Tech Support Team again, so that we can resolve this once and for all and ensure you are not left with games you cannot enjoy all aspects of.

Poof11, this is rather odd... as this is not a game offered on our website To find out what is going on, you definitely need to reach out to our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and include a Dr. Felix report.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

joyzebra, to make sure your configuration allows the game to run smoothly I suggest that you check our help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Sometimes just a small update can really help your game to perform well. If you want us to help you out after this, please contact our lovely Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Dec 14, 12 7:49 AM
I followed the instructions for running as administrator and it worked. The only other thing I did was change the compatibility mode from Windows XP to Windows 7 which is what I'm running. Not sure if I needed to do that but I was tired of going back and forth. I didn't have to reload the game. The blank box still came up but when I clicked on continue, the game started. Thank You for your help bfglzara!!

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 7:54:28 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 14, 12 1:35 PM
That's such great news minipal! Wonderful of you to try out those steps, and so happy to hear that it did the trick!

Good idea too to change the Compatibility Mode back to Windows 7. When trying those options out it sometimes helps to only have one on at a time.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by flingo on Dec 14, 12 7:24 PM
Downloaded the game onto my PC and everything was going along just fine until I reached the Forresters House and I picked up the second shoe. At that point the game closes. I deleted the game and downloaded it again, checked to make sure it wasn't my computer, everything fine and up to date. Suggestions of what to try next? I have wasted a large part of the 60 minute trial to no avail.
Thanks in advance for any tips or help you can pass along to me.

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 7:45:01 PM PST

Go to: