diwlaw
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Number puzzle

[Post New]by diwlaw on Dec 13, 12 11:21 AM
I am missing the logic in this puzzle. Does anyone have any clues that could point me in the correct direction, I hate to skip puzzles!! Thanks

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Number puzzle

[Post New]by Giliraz on Dec 13, 12 12:17 PM
diwlaw wrote:I am missing the logic in this puzzle. Does anyone have any clues that could point me in the correct direction, I hate to skip puzzles!! Thanks
IMHO there is no logic in this puzzle... it's pure guessing...
even my clever hubby could not do that...

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Number puzzle

[Post New]by tictacsix on Dec 13, 12 2:32 PM
The numbers have to alternate odd-even-odd-even etc.. or even-odd-even-odd etc... horizontally and vertically. Hope this helps.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Dec 13, 12 5:15 PM
I noticed that the even and odd numbers were in a diagonal line from lower left to upper right--even diagonal then odd diagonal etc. When I looked at my two slightly lighted choices, I chose the one that fit the pattern of what was needed. It worked.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Dec 13, 12 9:35 PM
thanks, but it's not diagonal all the times... some times it's "knight step" and some times it's same line horizontal or vertical... I'm almost giving up...where is the logic here? it resets all the time and never the same...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 13, 12 10:00 PM
Hi there,
The information about the even/odd or odd/even sequence is correct - horizontally and vertically (I'm not sure about diagonally as I didn't note this.)
Even numbers should not be next to each other. Ditto for odd numbers.
So, place 2 in a spot next to or under an odd number from the spaces highlighted.
Then place 3 in a spot next to or under an even number from the options given.
And so on.
Make sure that you keep the odd/even or even/odd sequence in the lines and columns.
I hope this helps.
Cheers

BlackDark
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by BlackDark on Dec 14, 12 6:56 AM
Fishes-

In case no one remembers, this is the same Puzzle that was in Grim Tales: The Bride CE, which is also from Elephant Games. Anything unrelated to Elephants is irrelephant. Yes, I absolutely adore their Games.

The First Secret to this Numbers Puzzle is that the numbers are odd then even from left to right across the Board from top to bottom. The Real Secret to this Puzzle is that if you are offered two choices that could be correct, either choice will be correct as long as you have followed the First Secret. Because I remembered this was in a previous Game from Elephant Games, I solved it the first time. But I had taken a month, trying to solve it in the previous Game, before my wife took pity on me and told me the secrets.

I hope this helps, and Happy Gaming to all!

-BlackDark

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Dec 14, 12 9:28 AM
thank you all... it worked... I did it... now I'm happy...

Go to: