bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Santa Vs. Banker

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 14, 12 12:49 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Santa Vs. Banker? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Santa Vs. Banker page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Santa Vs. Banker

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 14, 12 12:49 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 14, 12 1:04 AM
The game works fine, and I would have enjoyed it but for two things:

1) The music, which is a) annoying and b) nothing to do with Christmas - and if you switch it off, you lose sound effects too.

2) You only get one life, and if you touch (bump into) any of the baddies, that's it, game over.

It's a no-buy for me, which is a shame because I really liked the look of it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 14, 12 1:31 AM
I see a timer in the photos...not for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 14, 12 3:28 AM
Thank you Kamali... so it is a platformer?

**Hello Wolfen! In fear of getting axed... LOL**

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 3:29:14 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 14, 12 8:34 AM
the game is not for us, you only get one life and one time to do what needs to be done. NO buy.---------------doug & lisa

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Dec 14, 12 9:16 AM
You only get one life per level but if you die, you just restart the level. You don't have to get all the items to complete the level, just get to the end of the street. It's a very simplistic game. I'm surprised games like this are still being made.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 14, 12 11:56 AM
Are you kidding me? Santa's sleigh gets hit by a missile? Is Santa filing for bankruptcy? Worst storyline EVER!

Thanks for all your comments

[Post New]by affinity_coder on Dec 15, 12 1:34 AM
Hi and thanks to all the posters for your comments on Santa vs Banker.

We're just a small group of animators and programmers based in Ireland and this is our first release. We're very excited to have our game available for download on Big Fish Games.

We're keeping an eye on your feedback and are taking your comments on board.

In fact, we intend on bringing a lot of new features into the next release like the 3-lives concept and separating our the backing track from the sound effects. All great suggestions so thanks once again for your ideas/comments.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Dec 17, 12 11:53 AM
Although I don't usually play platforms, I might have made an exception for this one. Unfortunately, the levels are timed. This added to the one life, the lack of ways to kill enemies, and the other mentioned problems makes this not a game for me.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Thanks for all your comments

[Post New]by lackoo on Dec 22, 12 12:40 PM
affinity_coder wrote:Hi and thanks to all the posters for your comments on Santa vs Banker.

We're just a small group of animators and programmers based in Ireland and this is our first release. We're very excited to have our game available for download on Big Fish Games.

We're keeping an eye on your feedback and are taking your comments on board.

In fact, we intend on bringing a lot of new features into the next release like the 3-lives concept and separating our the backing track from the sound effects. All great suggestions so thanks once again for your ideas/comments.

Please accept my advice . Pull out the game from the Big Fish Games store and rewrite it from the scratch or release it as a free online flash game .

- no real option menu ( you can only enable / disable the "music " )
- no real fullscreen mode ( i can only set up a big windowed mode on my widescreen monitor )
- poor graphics
- poor gameplay
- only 8 levels

Go to: