[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 14, 12 1:21 AM
Any comments fishes?

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Todays DD December 14 2012

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 14, 12 8:23 AM
I played about 15 mins this morning before work and I laughed out loud at some of the characters, esp the cop....lol!!! They were not intentionally funny but the movements and behavior are hilarious. (For example, a girl is caught burning "evidence" in an ashtray, so the cop stands there w/ his gun aimed at her like she's an armed serial killer. Really??? lol!!)

Anyway, I found the circle hidden object scenes quite difficult, I'm not a fan of that type of HO because for some reason the items can be so hard to find. But I did find the game somewhat interesting, the voiceovers (so far) were good and the game played well on my 2003 Win XP PC. I might get it for $2.99, but would not otherwise buy.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 14, 12 4:16 PM
I liked the game in the demo, I remember an engaging story, that made you think what to do next. However, I got access errors in the full version and can't play it since then.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Dec 14, 12 5:52 PM
This is a great deal at $2.99. When I began the game, I liked the graphics and cut scene, but found some things unbelievable and not well thought out. However, as I progressed in the game, I became engrossed in the story, and game play was so much fun that I had to find out what was going on.

There are voiceovers throughout the game. Dialogue can be skipped if you're not interested in the story.

There are 2 modes of play: regular and expert. You cannot change modes mid-game. I played the complete game in regular mode, and began playing again in expert mode, but have not yet finished. I was surprised to see sparkles indicating hidden object scenes in expert mode.

Options include: Music, sound and voice volume controls, custom cursor, full screen and enable sparkles, regardless of mode of play. Note: As mentioned above, I had sparkles for the hidden objects scenes, even though I disabled in expert mode.

There are 6 chapters. I found that the first and last seemed short, but the others seemed quite long.

HOgs: When you click on a Hog scene, you are shown the black and white picture of 5 to 8 objects that you must locate and place on the black white circles. When all are collected, you earn an inventory item.
There are approximately 24 Hog scenes in the game.

Puzzles: There are approximately 22 puzzles in the game. They can be skipped after 3 mins in regular mode and expert mode. I had to double check my timing, as I was sure that regular mode should be a lot shorter than expert mode.

Hints: Hints recharge in 30 secs in regular mode, and approximately 1 min. in expert mode. HInts work outside of Hog scenes, and are useful in giving arrows pointing you in the right direction.

There is a map. It indicates your current location and the locations where tasks need to be completed, but it is not interactive, so you cannot transport from one location to another.

The journal includes a notes section with story and clues, a task section with specific tasks to be accomplished, the map, and a list of guests (interesting to the story).

Inventory items can be found by hovering over the medical bag. If you click on the medical bag, you can lock the inventory in place.

Overall, this is a great game. Well worth the DD price, and definitely worth the time to play the trial!

Go to: