bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 15, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 15, 12 12:59 AM
Downloading but oh so slow. Started off fine and then slowed to a ridiculous download speed. New computer so dont think it is me. I hope that I am not the start of things to come.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 15, 12 1:49 AM
Hi jaylake,

I know that waiting for a game to a download can be frustrating if it takes an excessive amount of time and so I am happy to provide some advice today.

The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure that application is working correctly.

Also, you can adjust your download settings to try and access our site in a different way if you like. The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 15, 12 2:19 AM
Hi bfgBaikal,

I'm wondering if there are expected problems with the GM possibly because of all the changes to the site???

My d/l was extremely slow also, took 3 times as long as Thursday's CE, and when I exited the game my GM would not shut down! I had to use the Task Manager.

I thought maybe it was hung up trying to load the sale banner, but, now I am wondering about the GM itself!

This is a first for me, so if there are even possibly expected problems, I would like to take care of it before I purchase this game and d/l it!

The game played fine, no tech problems at all, just with the GM?

BK

ETA
Thanks, Valdy, decided to do ahead and d/l after purchasing (wanted to get back to playing) and THIS d/l was quick and the GM closed straight-a-way when I clicked on it! Guess it was a temp hiccup with my GM!

Edited on 12/15/2012 at 3:24:25 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 15, 12 2:49 AM
Just wanted to say that both the demo and the full version installed fast on my computer.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 15, 12 3:35 AM
Hi BearKat,

That's a really good question!

I can honestly say that there is no correlation between the Game Manager and the new Homepage, so that would not be the case.

It is worth noting that some games are larger than others and also that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter.

That being said, if you feel like your download speed is slow for a number of games and have tried the troubleshooting steps in my post above, please do reach out to the Tech Support Team as they will be able to offer specific advice. Doing so will also help us identify any possible issues that need attention.

Hoping this information is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 15, 12 3:54 AM
The game appears to be a bit sluggish to me...noticeable lag on just about every aspect. Patience will be required, but I wanted a game to play and this is available. It isn't my computer, either

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 15, 12 4:49 AM
I am in the Curio shop. Can't pick up the coin in a HOS. I did try to close the game and came back, but still can't take it.

Someone a idea?

[Post New]by gensmith on Dec 15, 12 6:51 AM
Game is downloading fine. When starting the game I get 2 screens (both full screens except one is large and one is small) that keep flashing back and forth.
This is a first for me... have had split or broken up screens, but never 2 different size full screens.
Anyone have an idea on why and how to fix it? Have deleted and reinstalled game with same result.
Thanks.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Screen size

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Dec 15, 12 7:32 AM
MaryEl wrote:Some of the words and items in the HO scenes are too far off the side of my screen and I cannot either read or click on them. Is there a fix for this like maybe having to change my resolution?

I have this problem too. I got a 23 inch monitor. But still cannot pick up things who are at the side of my screen. I hope there is a fix!

[Post New]by brightwander on Dec 15, 12 8:45 AM
Re: off-screen items.
I have a 17 inch FULL screen monitor and the game opens in full screen except the game is for widescreen monitors!! Case in point: hidden objects and fragmented object scenes like the fountain in the garden where a needed item was off the screeen.

I don't know if this will work for you and others, but here goes.

I unchecked the full screen option, clicked ok and the screen shrank to the size of a smart phone display. The image was complete and I was able to find the item. But the screen was too small so I checked the full screen option again and continued play until another action indicated I needed to repeat this process.
My advice: avoid this game if you still have a full screen monitor. The game is made for widescreen only!

Wasted a pcc on this one. Going to ask for a refund of the pcc.

However, the game itself is one I wanted. Story is interesting (detective work), voiceover is pretty good, graphics are clear. Gameplay is iffy for full screen users.

More and more developers are ignoring wide screen users to satisfy the widescreeners. Oh well, progress does have its downside at times.

Edited on 12/15/2012 at 9:03:20 AM PST

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Dec 15, 12 9:18 AM
Sorry to hear that brightwander. I hope u get a refund.

So I wont buy this game, although i love it!

[Post New]by woodlandpearl on Dec 15, 12 9:53 AM
I got a claim check for the curio shop and waited a bit to use it. Now when I go to the curio shop, the man asks me to provide the claim check for the rare book and it is not in my inventory.

[Post New]by PastaKitty on Dec 15, 12 10:18 AM
Game downloaded quickly, but will not run. The screen goes to black for 1 sec. and then reverts to the game manager.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 15, 12 10:38 AM
Hey Fishies,

Sorry to hear about those issues when playing the game.

If you're having display issues (black screen, off screen, flickering, etc), making sure the screen resolution is on an OK setting for the game, and checking for an update on the video card driver can definitely help. Please click here for some specific tips and instructions.

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support for further help. They're great and will work with you directly to try and resolve those issues.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Edited on 12/15/2012 at 10:39:00 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 15, 12 11:18 AM
my game downloaded easily
BUT the play is very sluggish and slow and it takes a long time to get from scene to scene
the lag is quite noticeable

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on Dec 15, 12 11:40 AM
I had the same problem with lag times when changing screens. I finished the game and was happy with the play except for the great time lag between scenes.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Dec 15, 12 1:20 PM
I have lost two inventiry items when I tried to use them. Restarted with new profile and happened again.

sunnyxt0p
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyxt0p on Dec 15, 12 2:40 PM
Nice game, but sooo slow. I don't have need a new game to play this bad.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Dec 15, 12 4:24 PM
the slowness while changing scenes was a bit too much. I enjoyed playing the trial and would buy it but for that.

Go to: